Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't like Maki Itoh. Hope she comes to AEW so Jade can squash her like a bug!

The kind of comment I expect from a sniveling little suck up sellout full of sufferin’ succotash son.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, that was not easy to post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Oh this is what simping looks like

What is a “simp?” Heh heh. It’s a bit of fandom growing over the... Maki Itoh. I am not one. Nobody else here is one. But you know what? A simping is for a real man. See, of all these posters here I am the best simp of them all. You give me a couple more matches, I’ll be a nice, thick simp. But none of these BOYS! right here... will ever be one.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Critical posted:

lol this country is so, so loving stupid

I feel like I'm missing some context here.

Did this happen in a COVID-central area?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

It was in America so yes.

I guess I don't quite understand this "muh freedums! :qq:" mentality, because it's just so alien to us Kiwis. We just started a week-long lockdown here in Auckland because there was a community outbreak, and when I popped into school to collect some poo poo I'll need, the roads were deserted.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

For what it’s worth, there were 4 new cases of COVID reported in the county that show took place in, so I am not surprised there’s not a mask in sight, not that that excuses it or means that COVID is over.

loving hell. We've literally just locked down the biggest city and economic hub of the country twice in as many weeks because of COVID cases.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

smikey posted:

Oh no, they didn't actually get a TV deal did they?

MassRafTer posted:

They did not.

Anyone else read this sequence of posts in Ron Howard's voice?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think this guy's head is going to explode if Daniel Bryan comes out with mozzarella sticks, like New Day and their pancakes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

God drat it, why do wrestlers I like keep disappointing me. Now I have to be glad WWE fired her dumb rear end.

At this point, you should know that wrestlers are dumb dumbs.

poo poo, look at what they do for our amusement.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shine posted:

The only way to escape is to climb the cage! Or ask the ref to open the door, I guess.

IIRC someone once posted that Bruno Sammartino would win cage matches via door escape by besting the other guy half to death, and then calmly sauntering through the door. That's the only time a door escape has ever sounded like a satisfying conclusion to a cage match.

I remember a cage match he had with Zbyszko basically ending like that. He eventually overpowers Zbyszko, batters the poo poo out of him, is on his way out, but makes sure to give him one last punch to finish the job, and then he leaves.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

How about having a cage, and then putting a Hell in a Cell structure around it, and then having a bunch of dogs running around in between the two cages?

It can't possibly fail!

Seriously though: "escape rules = all bad" is not entirely fair, when it comes down to the manner in which it's applied. The Bruno v. Zbyszko cage match works really well because it's built around the winner battering the other down to the point where they can no longer capable of fighting, and then leaving. What I'm trying to say is, it comes down to how the rules of the match are used in the story that you're trying to tell.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 7, 2021

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Can we stack two or three cages, and then have two guys battle about 7 or 8 guys who have formed some sort of alliance to end something?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HidaO-Win posted:

https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1369049137963020290?s=20

Is that hope for Gable I spot! Don’t re-sign you suplexing maniac, go somewhere that might value you a drat.

Obviously if they rename him Loser Shortyboner and spend the next couple of months calling him a dick, he's sure to re-sign! He just needs to show that he really, really wants to be in the WWE!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He looks so disappointed with Finn. Like "what the gently caress are you doing with your life, mate?"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Sheamus joins and gets repackaged as Concrete Milkshake

gently caress yeah, food-themed stable, sign me the gently caress up!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dacap posted:

No Vince in that thank you.

Can't imagine why.

DrVenkman posted:

He's deleted it now, but...

gently caress me, is he still bent out of shape over Soulja Boy?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

According to the game developers: "iT's NoT aBoUt tHe pOLiTiCs!" Get hosed, mate.

Edge & Christian posted:

None of the Tributes, looking it up it appears to be a summer 2006 USO tour.

Customary reminder that Vince personally pressured her to keep silent about it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I guess it follows that Daga would be there. He and Tessa Blanchard are married, right?

I wonder what the odds of Blanchard signing with the WWE are at this stage? It's not like they give a toss about problematic people they sign.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

But here's a fun thought:

can you imagine Low Ki having sex?

I didn't want to, so thanks for that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I bet he's really, really sweaty and grunts a lot.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

There's a weird glitch in the Hogan clip and I can't tell if it's edited to make it sound insane or if he actually said that, because I can't think of any reason he'd say "I'm gonna get off by cranking your knob" other than "cocaine" but even still.

Hey, he's the right gay guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O27xsH-zrb4

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cezar’s wife is dying

Honestly, the guy's had a rough go of it in the last couple of years. Let him have his moment.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dacap posted:

Because if it was WWE they would have just pulled him off TV for having the gall to have a family issue then never use him again while he runs his 5 year contract out

There's no need to speculate what the WWE would have done, because we all know what they did - they fired him during a loving pandemic and left him stranded in the USA, loving him over royally.

Every single person in management at the WWE should literally loving die horribly, the callous shits.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Corbin as a guy who was really into grilling and gave out full racks of ribs to the crowd would be a great gimmick. At least better than "dumb bald rear end in a top hat" or whatever his current gimmick is.

Just make him really obnoxious about his superior barbecuing knowledge, but with valid criticisms about the local barbecuing cuisine.

ICR posted:

Both want WWE only. Hammerstone was really close to signing but something happened and I don’t recall what it was.

They realised that they'd fulfilled their "generic SNES beat-em-up enemy sprite from something like Streets of Rage or Final Fight" quota when they signed Karrion Kross?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

NXT has won the Lasagna Night War:

https://twitter.com/MarinaShafir/status/1378730018348670980

This is still kind of a crazy looking lasagna but if you put a bunch of cheese on anything it's a step in the right direction.

The other one didn't even look like it had been within 50 feet of an oven.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vandar posted:

https://twitter.com/NikkiCrossWWE/status/1379159359318540293?s=20

Someone get this poor woman out of the loving WWE.

Yeah, and take that husband of hers too, to somewhere where they get appreciated.

And that Alvin Black guy too. I hear he's a bit good, not that anyone would know.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Who's Deagol and who's Tom Bombadil?

Edit: Kota is Tom Bombadil.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Is that a really ugly pattern on his suit or rain spatter

Edit: it’s raining on mania but probably not enough to cancel it. What a lovely first time back.

You can see what looks like rain contrasting against what I'm guessing are big screens above the ring area, so it's probably the latter.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Cass should be Test.

E: meaning he should literally start calling himself test and using the song. Not that he should die.

Casst.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

I loved Kronik even though I was 11 and all the weed jokes went over my head. I've got no idea why I liked them.

They're big buff muscle boys who threw people around. What other reason do you need?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

flatluigi posted:

i think the idea is that she wouldn't have sulked like that in the match if she was going over, so it's other people's fault for not letting her go over

According to Google, she's 33. She's too loving old to be getting pissy over the outcome of a pretend fight. Holy poo poo, get to gently caress with that poo poo, like.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

But what would become of the Wardlow thread?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

My stepfather put soda in a thermos and applesauce in a sandwich baggie once. The soda exploded and the applesauce, well. Just everywhere. It was weird because he was always pretty smart so it came outta nowhere.

Anyway.

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1386519289318940675?s=20

The slam-ee looks like Tiger Mask (or one of them). I guess this would have been in the early 2000s, when he was winning Junior titles in NOAH and NJPW?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdFKU9cGxp0

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I thought it was more that she was dating noted shithead Big Cass, but apparently he's cleaned up and gotten his poo poo together now?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, reading a report on what apparently happened, it would be clear with the benefit of hindsight that something had gone horribly wrong in Cass' wiring. It absolutely reads like someone having some sort of breakdown.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tit E Langston

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ecin.

It’s “nice” spelled backwards.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

He broke someone's neck in Japan with the same botch right? And he nearly did it to James Ellsworth too

Yoshitatsu, I think.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did Bret wear the same outfit for every non-wrestling function?

Mate, you’re overlooking the fact that Rock is in that outfit too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Where’s the ring?