Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If we can just combine Jinder's Steroid nipple and EC3's bacne we would have the greatest wrestler ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm still kinda of dumbfounded that a Japanese company owned by an anime/tcg/mobage company didn't go with you know...a Japanese company to make the figures. Imagine the line as Figma or Figuarts from Bandai :sigh:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

Has there ever been a wrestling match in an empty tank that's slowly filling with water, where both competitors are chained to the bottom and the key to those restraints is on their opponent's body? That's the only scenario where I wanna see escape rules

Maybe not the same but there have been Public Bathhouse death matches in Japan (Do we know how deep Tony has gone down the Indy Scum hole while on the DVDvR board?)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Mutoh is still a better champion than Rikio

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Somewhere Ibushi looks on, wondering if winning the IWGP title was worth it if he had to give up moonsaulting in the wild

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The bonuses where usually from PPV buys and with the Network/Peacock well there is hardly anymore PPV buys

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

It is just the weirdest thing when my niche interests intersect unexpectedly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSWfAM9gkw

Waiting for Dave to try and explain this hold in the Observer

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

This is like Piper and Snuka picking up the feud at the Rumble except Bozell hasn't murdered anyone that I know of.

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/1396303578084610048

Yeah that loving horrible jesus

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Knowing WWE it's cause they probably think he's fat

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean what else does Shane have beyond trying to get WCW back up and running again?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Pro wrestling in a nutshell: Got hit by this car and the worst thing is that no one filmed it

Dunn cut to the crowd just before the impact SMH

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tommy End is just bringing the world of Fanfic to Pro-wrestling okay!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

coconono posted:

so Gabe was getting her in illegally

Gabe learned from Paul in ECW after all!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The ROH crew mostly ending up as Q head while Ian Rotten and IWA MS are not is twist I didn't expect

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah those looked safe and the fact she just went crazy on them made it look cool too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, as a heel who people organically started to like he ruled. That forced babyface run was miserable.

Even funnier after the forced Diesel face turn failed they end up doing the same with Shawn too!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It'd be amazing that Marty is so toxic he has to be pulled from yet another event, one that is even trying to own the libs even

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I saw something on Youtube breaking down how awful St. Anger was and how it killed Metallica and yup it totally shows why the band would implode/be awful at doing cover songs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Have to imagine Dave knew something as well and didn't report it cause the family probably didn't want it out

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Go Away David Starr and don't come back

But also sadly I don't think this will be the last we see of scum caught in speaking out trying to come back as indies start running again

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I could see that match being in AAA for the title (and maybe even title switch if Kenny isn't AEW champ)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/1415779535497306117

Bread Club for 30 years!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The tension and feud between Baba and Misawa was 100% bubbling before Giant Baba passed away and probably involved Giant Baba as well. The company was in awkward phase in that it had gotten pretty stale up top and it's usual method of relying on top level foreigners to come in just wasn't as easy to do as it was in the 80's early 90's for a variety of reasons like the decline in Japan's business/recession to WWF/WCW giving out big money contracts cause of the war. Giant Baba caved a bit in booking the dome and bringing in Vader but I think Misawa and the rest of the roster wanted to openly work with top domestic talent and well...Baba probably wasn't going to cave on that.

There probably wouldn't have been an exodus given the taboo Japan has about Wrestlers leaving companies, especially one run by Giant Baba himself. But his death gave the roster the ability to leave and they probably would of left anyway even if Motoko and Misawa got along. Heck the reason for the delay of the launch and the timeslot was rumored to be set in stone early on everyone was just told to wait it out for awhile so it didn't appear they were all jumping ship just after Baba's death

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think that probably Steve Williams BS but its also 100% true that Motoko Baba gets a lot of flack for stuff that was the decisions of both her and Giant Baba. And she probably doesn't get enough credit for helping run one of the more successful companies in the world

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they're in the red because tony spent 8 figures on video game microtransactions

The true was they got the Forbidden Door open was Tony spending money on Bushiroad mobage

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

:aaa:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I know the first thing I'd think of when battling a major heart problem due to Covid is how to manage my online social media...wait no, no I wouldn't!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The problem with the Cena one is the actual Cena artwork feels...amateur and doesn't really capture the Mario 3 vibe which you really need to hit for that type of shirt

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE should hire Dick Togo to help with Becky's heat

I mean please Hire Dick Togo so he's gone from Evil matches

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wired: 2.0 and Daniel Garcia vs Bryan Danielson
Galaxy Brain Wired: 2.0 and Daniel Garcia vs Suzuki and Bryan Danielson

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Watch Vince start a WAR!

Tenryu beat Vince to it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

His style is just kicking people for real and that's ageless as long as you can throw a kick.

See also Nagata and Suzuki

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Why would AEW want store brand Omega/Ibushi when they have Omega and can get Kota for dates (as long as he doesn't get lost at the airport)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I imagine Metlzer's mail box is probably as messy as work room and has important emails from the 90's still in the inbox

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah and again he's probably not working tag league unless we get a weird Narita/Suzuki team so Narita can combine the essence of Shibata and Suzuki to become the ultimate in killing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJF's fate in WWE would be to constantly be pushed aside by whatever talentless green big man they have going to the ring every week

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Coughlin ending up as the biggest potential star of the original US 3 of the LA Dojo is not what I expected but here we are

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Why has the Jericho cruise kidnapped the Anthem owl?!?!?!?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Suzuki stirs with a sudden urge to return to the US and wipe out false pretenders to the One Piece throne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hoping one day we get Bucks and Okada as a trios team. You know they would all love to do it