Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

Here's some other things that were happening in the world the last time Miz was champ

• Everyone was planking
  • Homeland was a good TV show
  • The last Harry Potter film came out
  • Osama Bin Laden had not been compromised to a permanent end
  • Kim Kardashian was getting divorced (the first time)
  • Wills and Kate got married :britain:
  • Charlie Sheen was winning

It was the best of times, it was the most freaking epic of le times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Emi's theme is dissonant in a way that implies it wasn't intentional, just poorly constructed and looping just slightly out of time enough to really create visceral feelings of unease. It could be quite effective music if used in a horror film.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hunter and Steph will find Shane’s lockbox.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don't like Maki Itoh. Hope she comes to AEW so Jade can squash her like a bug!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Draxion posted:

why not just hope she doesn't come to aew

Because the reaction would be very entertaining for me.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

The kind of comment I expect from a sniveling little suck up sellout full of sufferin’ succotash son.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, that was not easy to post!

Don’t make me cut a long promo about Jack and the Beanstalk on you.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I make some incredible vegan mozzarella sticks, follow your heart mozarella breaded using justegg, flour, spices etc. They are the Bryan Danielson of vegan mozzarella sticks.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Can vegans eat the synthetic lab grown versions of beef?

There are different opinions on this. Personally I would eat it if no creature suffered to make it, but some don’t like the idea. I’m a pretty open minded vegan I don’t care what others do as long as it’s not like making your dogs/cats vegan which is evil as gently caress to me. I don’t eat meat but my cats get a steady diet with lots of fish based protein and some poultry.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

my mommy made my doll

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Slamming the mic on her head with in ear monitors in and AEW having no idea how to mix live sound so her monitors were probably still turned up high could have lead to blown eardrums. This is a stupid criticism designed to keep people from talking about how good of a match it was over all and how one of the only legit complaints against AEW is quickly being solved.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They’re fixing the audio?

The women’s division is what I meant, the audio should stay it’s endearing

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

What in the gently caress is a T Bar. It sounds like something that would exist like Crow Bar, but it isn’t anything i’m familiar with.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I have no judgments for the performers everyone has a slip up. I do think it’s weird they didn’t edit it out, like you could at worst cut to the announce desk for a second or the ringside audience instead of leaving it in, but maybe they had their reasons for leaving it in.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Royal Updog posted:

Nash is alright, sometimes.

The Nash tweet before the 2016 election where he’s like “as an experiment I wore a Trump shirt today expecting ridicule and everyone was just super happy and excited to see it, Hillary isn’t a sure bet we’re in trouble”. Nash is hilariously galaxy brained but I think a genuinely funny and cool guy overall.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dave has been in decline a while because he spends too much time on twitter. It's essentially an app that mainlines negativity into your consciousness and it's really bad for your mental health in general. As much time as he spends on there there's no telling how much vitriol and psychotics "hot take" energy he sees, because twitter is such a stream of consciousness, small message app I believe it subliminally has a lot of influence on your overall mood.

Basically he needs to log off, society as a whole should probably not use apps like that because they foster negative feedback loops better than positive ones, combined with relative anonymity you're just seeing the worst of humanity's off the dome thoughts all the time with little context and little concern from the userbase whether or not what they're saying is hurtful.

Then again I don't really like Dave much so I stay out of most Dave conversations just because of my bias, but I do think his life would improve were he not always on twitter, as I do anyone's life.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Procrastinator posted:

block more people (on twitter). unironically.

I just don’t use it ever, any tweet relevant to my interests will get posted here anyway.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If none of you beard havers have experienced a hot straight razor shave, by all means please do it when you can, it’s one of the best ways you can pamper yourself when done right, massage, hot towels it’s fantastic

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pylons posted:

Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors

LMFAO

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Sting is the definitive Joker performance, sorry Heath (Slater and Ledger)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They’re two amazing performers, it makes me sad that they care about what a critic thinks the same way I get sad when musicians I like care about their critics. Critics are useless in our current media environment. They already had a 5 star match to most people, and they’ll have many more, I don’t see criticism as an equal to or valid expression on that of any art it critiques, and I think it’s weird when people do.

I think it’s always been strange that the one person who has been deemed the wrestling media is a source for both hard news and subjective critique, but that’s also on so much of the wrestling media not showing up and just repeating Dave and being lazy. It’s also because almost no one gives a poo poo about pro wrestling in the grand scheme, so who would even try. I think Bix does some cool stuff and actively tries to cover the art from an angle others don’t but most other journalists in wrestling are Meltzer-lite, or idiots and it puts too much stock into what one guy says, for fans and performers alike and it’s just sad to see.

It’s a pervasive idea in all art, that critics legitimize or are some inherent part of art but I just don’t think it’s true, and I wish more performers believed that because performers are the sole reason it all exists they should never feel they have to live up to non performers needs be that wrestling, film, music whatever.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It looks like Cole is wearing a tiny Kaaba around his neck

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It's been cool to see Taz become relevant again in a positive way. I think many grew up thinking he was a joke because of his WWE commentary, and some even replaced memory of his as this bad rear end, scary dude in ECW, the suplex machine standing across the ring with his arms crossed and his death glare, with this goofier image of Taz from WWE. I think his loss to HHH was one of the worst ways HHH ever buried someone, it made no sense at all for him to go over Taz in 2000, clean.

We also still get goofy Taz if you watch Dark, while still having him cut awesome, tough guy promos on TV. Can Taz still wrestle? I wouldn't mind seeing him have one last match if he can.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/randyorton/status/1376393835996184578?s=21

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Taz just watched the cranking your knob tweet video posted above

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Yeah part of me was like "What's the point of being a billionaire if you can't just click your fingers and make good stuff happen for people?" but was still kinda surprised to see them actually step in and throw their weight around on his behalf.

Tony Khan believes philanthropy is how brands win

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Very good news wrangled out of incredibly sad and broken systems.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I imagine it would be difficult to run a profitable Mania with diminished crowd capacity unless they are managing to lower production costs against quartered ticket revenue.

They should be paying their wrestlers more anyway, bonuses are a anti worker ruse most of them when compared to fair wages and benefits.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vince is honestly a lot like Sauron, the way he played the territories and ran them out of business. Dusty Rhodes is Bilbo Baggins or something

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mustafa is kind of low key annoying as hell with the way he whines about how his injury took away his big moment constantly. It gave us Kofimania which was absolutely more deserved and better than Ali feuding with Bryan at the time, and he wasn't that over, he was just a new face fighting a very over heel in Bryan. Since then he's shown absolutely nothing new, been in arguably the most awful stable this century, and that's it. He's probably a cool guy outside of wrestling and big ups to him for leaving the police when he found out it was a bigoted hell world but he went from there to WWE and can't seem to understand the similarity there.

The shittiest thing about WWE creatively is that if you're not one the greatest wrestlers of all time you will never be booked as a star if you're under 6'2'', he could go to a Japanese company, Mexico, or ROH and do very well. I don't want to see him in AEW though.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I know Ivelisse has been a huge dick but I really hope people stop jumping on her soon because it's hard to watch, and yes I know she's fueling it and instigating it both by her actions in the past and now but she's also very clearly struggling with mental health issues similar to my own and at the end of the day being a dick and a jerk is bad but ultimately she is going to be the one that suffers, she doesn't actively hurt people it's self destruction. I realize her opinions on mental illness contribute to harmful concepts not to discount that, but I see this is someone spiraling and burning bridges and at the end of the day that's self harming behavior and I can't help but pity someone like that.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Commandeer Azeez nuts Vince

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The best way to be a heel to the AEW audience and locker room is to have the normal and righteous opinion that video games and gamers are bad

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

An all women's brand would be cool if it also had a woman GM and booker.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

It owns, actually

I'm a big Cody Mark, I don't know or care who Cutie Marshall is but I'm here for the feud because of Cody

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody was a 10 who willingly shifted himself down to an 8.5 with a tattoo and though it saddened me I can't not admire that kind of confidence.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

So far Cody has put more people over than anyone else on AEW. Darby, Brodie, he revitalized Dustin's career, MJF, Wardlow, hell, Jade Cargill. He hasn't lost even a bit of his overness while putting over an entire promotions worth of people.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Duke Pukem posted:

Its hard for me to feel sorry about this. New Jack took advantage of people in the ring and maimed them on numerous occasions. He wasnt a good person

Ok, wow, rule follower, you're so normal.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

:lmao: Marty Janetty about to come in to manage him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

if you let all the videos play on page 113 its a terrifying, hellish rhythm