Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

I need more pictures of Elgin trying to dress up like an adult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Cavauro posted:

here's michael elgin doing comedy as a "super heavyweight" ala crash holly, with adam cole 6+ years ago

Thanks to BK Sports Photography

Ahh to be a child again and be awed by the larger than live spectacle of a 5'7 230lb oaf.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
It's always good to 1. start a list and then abandon that formatting

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
There are a few basic templates to follow if you want a Hockey jersey to look decent.

Interesting stylistic choices on this one, I guess.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
It's good there is a bald headed white guy on the front of that jersey.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
https://twitter.com/TheRealDisco/status/1690562449504940032?t=hGXZtTtGKySggyMEqaspmQ&s=19
Got em

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

The kind of move where you try it once, thank your lucky stars you didn't land on your head, and decide not to tempt fate again.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I didn't discover this, but had to share for Shocktober: https://twitter.com/search?q=tomleykis%20%20from%3ARealLAKnight&src=typed_query&f=live

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
They disrespected a towel?

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Hey guys, it's called X. The name got changed a while back or something, I don't really know the details.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Crapple! posted:

Tony being constantly gotten-to on Twitter is really pretty pathetic and comes across like getting down and rolling in the poo poo with the pigs, but on the other hand I don't really hold wrestling personalities to very high standards of behaviour and expect them to carry themselves with much dignity. I like that he annoys some very annoying people

I've been saying, Tony needs to stop playing defense and just do zingers and poo poo posting when he deals with these types.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
The thing about Kevin Kelly is that he is dweeb.

Nerds at least have passion for something. Even if being really into boutique releases of new Laserdiscs isn't a sexy or possibly even real topic, I could probably have a decent conversation with them on their topic if they are genuinely into it for love of the game. Some nerds could be jocks if the focus of their passion was slightly different, and jocks have to be nerds towards their sport to succeed. Some nerds indeed do direct their focus to exercise and get jacked.

While being a dweeb is a mindset, have you ever seen a jacked dweeb?

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Kevin Kelly can step in for Tony Schiavone as the announcer everyone kinda roasts, except everyone can push the insults to 11 now. That is what TK is excited for in 2024.

Edit: I'd say Beepie Jr (no relation) is more of a doofus than a dweeb

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
There would be so many fun ways to create a semi-hostile, but not really legally actionable, work environment for ol KK. The sky is the limit if you use your imagination so please never limit yourself.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Honor and respect are culturally valued in Japan (日本).

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Giving the benefit of the doubt to them and others in the past doing similar "angles", cynically using racism or other hot button issues to get heel heat is probably going to be pretty tasteless. While it is possible for wrestling to address real topics, it needs some thought and care for it to have a chance to work. Going out there and doing Local Team Sucks! material but with a minority group as the target probably won't reveal nuances to the issue that you hadn't considered before.

It's kinda like "ironic racism" in comedy. If you are spending all your time perfectly crafting your set of the most racists jokes you can come up with, what is your actual goal? Is there a deeper point you are making that is achieved only by coming up with fresh well-honed racist jokes (that you crack up while delivering)? Sometimes people trick themselves into thinking they are making some deep point when they do this stuff, but I think in most cases it is just laziness and knowing that certain stuff will get some kind of reaction.

MJF's stuff is certainly done in earnest by him, but that is still pretty iffy because it is really hard to do well without someone looking really bad or it coming off as tasteless in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't want to harp too much on this but the main topic here is not that people are using racism for 'angles' or 'heat'. People are pointing out that the performer has a years-long non-wrestling account doing all of this on Twitter.

Yup, that's why I put quotations around "angles," and said I'd was giving them the benefit of the doubt about the before making a different point. Agreed, this doesn't seem like simply involved character work or whatever lame excuse they give.