Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

As long as this means we get Thunder Rosa in AEW but without also ending up with Nick Aldis then I'm happy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I was totally unaware of him, so when I saw a video of Kenny Omega talking about Donovan Dickhead I got worried assuming he was talking about Danhausen.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah part of me was like "What's the point of being a billionaire if you can't just click your fingers and make good stuff happen for people?" but was still kinda surprised to see them actually step in and throw their weight around on his behalf.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

A former colleague once tried to convince me that you guys have got it made because you pay little in tax and that insurance is pretty cheap - far less than the portion of my income tax that might go to the NHS.

Biggest load of bullshit I've heard in my life and I'm thankful every day that getting sick won't drive me to bankruptcy.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Wasn't her original excuse for that no-selling debacle because she'd had like a house fire and her dog was sick or something?

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I never again want to hear the boomers decry this generation's lack of "Blitz Spirit" after seeing the way everyone has come together to dunk on GB News since it launched.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

Doesn't MJF charge like 500 bucks a pop?

Yeah. From memory I think he looked at what Ric Flair was charging and then just set his own rate at $1 more as a troll.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I'm the Death Magnetic liker

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

"I don't wanna hear you talking about workrate" had me laughing my arse off.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I love Alex Shelley, but mostly because he'd always shoehorn Bad Religion into promos.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

What was in Caster's rap that Tony found so horrible that he's decided to personally edit Dark? I say that as I didn't see it, not that I just didnt see what the issue was.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I'd love it if the whole "cancelled" thing got some traction with the arsehole right wing media, just before those videos of her looking like absolute dogshit in training got more prominent. Seing it slowly dawn on the ghouls that maybe they bet on the wrong horse before they cut her loose would be amazing in real time.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

It's obviously not a GTS variant really, but bloody hell I love Casualty of War. It's a cool looking move and it looks like absolute murder - far, far more so than an F10

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

A friend of mine is a real big fan of Satomura and I think I've just ruined his day showing him that photo. That's a hell of a 1000yd stare she's got going on.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Honestly if she's gonna use Ruby Soho just start with some static or something before dropping to the "Time to say goodbye" from the end of Verses 2 & 3 and then the chorus. Job done.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Why yes, I will go to bat for the lovely gimmick I've been given and the lovely segments I've been involved with lately. My reacting in fear to a hastily pasted-in and poorly CGI'd doll winking is something you just don't get because you're old and white.

Honestly can't figure out what they're trying to do with the name Doudrop anyway. In any other company I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and say its probably not a fat thing, but WWE?

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I mean, if at least one of those gear designs isn't already being cleaned up and made as a surprise gift for Brodie I'll be VERY surprised. If the locker room don't do it amongst themselves then BBT almost definitely will. You love to see it.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I was definitely in the "Urgh, Dolph's brother? That's a waste of a roster spot!" camp when he first arrived, but I'm happy to admit I was wrong and now I love him.

It helps that he seems like a very decent person in a very scummy industry too.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

It really is incredible.

Between this article and his locker room speech at the Brodie Lee tribute show I could see how stupidly easy it would be to follow him basically anywhere.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

At least Nia retiring might mean insurance premiums go down

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Why would they want/need WWE to foot the bill when right this second Big Bicep Tony is likely forcing balled-up banknotes into Moxley's hands like a grandparent insisting they give you money whenever you visit.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

That’s about as much Chester as I’d want to see too tbh

The tweet isn't wrong. That phonebox and funeral parlour are literally about 50 yards from the venue they played. I'm amazed there isn't a photo of him outside the "Nice n Naughty" sex shop

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

You know Ep. 200 of The Simpsons where Homer interrupts U2 and is then shown backstage getting a beating from security while they play "Pride"?

Well I hope the same thing happened to this arsehole but it was with Nyla's entrance music.

EDIT - The song is Pride, you dingus.

CaptainApathyUK fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 23, 2021

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Stealth Tiger posted:

How does every single pre-workout supplement just have the most perfect name. Every brand nails the genre perfectly.

I did wonder who the hell is going to buy preworkout based on a Billy rear end endorsement, and then remembered I bought preworkout for the first time ever because of a Kenny Omega endorsement.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

It's weirdly pervasive. I went to a state school in Wales through the 90s, and while there wasn't set "prayer time" there'd be school assemblies that included prayer and special events that involved all the kids singing hymns and stuff.

You don't question it at the time. It was an ostensibly secular government school that still included poo poo like harvest festivals. All feels a bit Wicker Man in retrospect but it could just be because we're backwards in Wales.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Lol, of course it has a Peaky Blinders profile pic

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

FullMetalJackoff posted:

"A second Goldberg has hit the Titan Towers.."

Excuse me. I think you mean a second Bill Goldberg

CaptainApathyUK fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 9, 2022

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

That Emi video just shows what a dope CM Punk is. That catering all looked incredible and he's out there inhaling muffins and soda for his mad rant.

Pearls before swine

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why is this fuckin guy not just doing his Jessie Ventura impression in all his promos.

Every now and then "I was doing tricep extensions in the Gulf of Tonkin" pops into my head and I giggle like a lunatic. It's just the perfect impression

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

God, imagine being so ride-or-die for someone who will absolutely 100% cut you out of their life for something trivial and petty in the future.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The main thing to remember about the old timers griping about AEW and calling TK a money mark, is that if he called them and offered them a job, they would do an instant 180° turn and talk about how he's a great promoter with a keen eye for talent and a sharp mind for the business and so on and so forth.

See: Eric Bischoff, who went from trashing AEW, to praising them when TK had him on for a few guest spots, to trashing them again when it was clear he wasn't going to be offered any kind of full-time role

Oh yeah, that happened a bunch when Road Dogg got released not long back. Suddenly he was all over social media talking about how AEW is really good but they should totally hire him to help them get over the precipice because he knows how to make good wrestling.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i thought that stuff was somebody doing an evil MRT. apparently you can really ask for turnstile numbers and all that shiz. wow!

It's insane to me that anybody would bother to email the council to check on turnstile numbers, but then again this is professional wrestling so of course somebody did

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

Imagine trying to outpost Tony

We can all see the RoH skirt on the apron there, meaning it's either very early or very late. Who does this joker think he's fooling?

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Sandman from ECW posted:

Is Sports Entertainment still a thing? Do they still say that?

They've slowly been moving away from it since Vinnie the Rapist was ousted. I'm sure it's still used for corporate stuff or earnings calls or whatever, but certainly there isn't the ban on terms like "pro wrestling" on commentary like there used to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

It's still poo poo though because even in the replies there are drones being all "Well of course he's not going to speak out against his current boss!" but i get there's no accounting for pricks on the internet