Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

davidbix posted:

Thanks...I'm curious what everyone thinks of both the article as a whole and the evidence presented therein? My gut coming out of this is that he's most likely her father, but I've been buried in this for a month so I'd love to hear what everyone else took away from it.

Like others have said, the phlebotomist detail really dropped a bomb on me for the plausibility of the whole thing. My greatest regret is that everyone I'm going to share this with irl either needs to be caught up on who Boebert or Lane are to really appreciate it (cue the Fab music videos).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Sounds like she's tacking on any incidental day-to-day expenses that just existed while she was in wrestling school, and exaggerating it cause that's what you do in Rasslin'.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Even with a private apology, how do you present onscreen Punk afterward

All that earnest, heartfelt positivity about the comeback is fully out of the tube and not being put back in without actual contrition on his part

Without some sense of the hatchet being buried for the fans it'd just be hanging in the air every time he walked to the ring

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

oh yeah, I meant AEW

WWE fans wouldn't have much trouble with moving past his drama with the Elite

Heel Punk would be incredible in AEW still, but that feels sillier to hope for than Heel Cody was

The337th fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 28, 2023

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

If you let Tyrus' being dogshit irl stop you from watching him be dogshit in the ring, what kind of fake fan are you!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, Ethan really owned the Hardy dance

there was also a very silly house show running joke where some armbar cartwheel reversals in the Statlander-Lady Frost match got the crowd chanting for more cartwheels

by the end of the night, Shawn Spears, Skye Blue, and Bryce had joined in, then some little kid got to come into the ring and get the biggest pop of the night for nailing a cartwheel while hanging out with OC and Darbs

that fraud Tony Khan wouldn't cartwheel despite all the chants during his very important announcement

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

oh yeah, Hobbs did a cartwheel and it ruled

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

karmicknight posted:

People who care about college sports without actually having gone to said college are the weird ones. Otherwise it is just a real connection between you and many random people.

not really, because it's not hard to grasp at all why this happens with millions and millions of sports fans

the average sports fan likes the closest teams and for a ton of sports fans that's a college

also they're businesses, they put a lot of work into making sure they have thriving fanbases because it'd be terrible business to only sell tickets and merch to people with a direct link to your school

The337th fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 13, 2023

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

El Generico posted:

How do you do a heel run where you just say what you actually believe and people think you're playing an unsubtle villain and you still don't get it

with how much of the audience joined in on "We the People" every week, he probably believed it was actually getting over in some silent majority way, even though that was just easy chant fodder

has Dutch unironically engaged in the xenophobic bit online, or is his passion more for the other, more domestic -phobias

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

people who like wrestlers that have storylines

fake fans always tell on themselves when they don't even know that the greatest long term storytelling in wrestling is Chuck's journey to say the word on TV

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

imagine judging the quality of a xeet based off the numbers it's doing

Jinder's match will clearly also be more quality than Hook's once the ratings come in too

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Oil! posted:

The best xeets are out there, floating in the ether, waiting to be discovered.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Regrettable posted:

He's not even getting ratioed though unless it wasn't posted here? Like, it's called getting ratioed because of the ratio of likes to replies and he has more likes?

I'm ratioing this post

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

No one else elevates getting roasted the way Tony does, he has the ideal mix of self deprecation and cranky energy to play off of it

Anyone else playing that role wouldn't bring the fun to it

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

It's really impressive that there are so many wrestlers at the top of the industry who worked for him, yet no one has went out of there way to bring him along for any career opportunity

how could they all be in such denial about the wisdom he could be sharing

The337th fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 23, 2024

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The Faulconer music is perfectly over the top melodrama for the show it belongs to, in a way that makes the exact same sense as poo poo like My Way being part of one of wrestling's greatest video packages

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I want Nyla to get a big ppv match because a Nyla scrum appearance would probably be fantastic

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

In fact just book me a standalone scrum event with people like Nyla, John Silver, Chuck/Trent, and anyone else who's an extremely personable weirdo on the lower card

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Hard to count, but Bryan Clark’s big time doubleheader in Japan in the ‘40s would be the other big contender, so

*nervously glances over at the roster of the Doomsday Cage match*

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There comes a point where you have to ask yourself whether the information you're choosing to share with other people is particularly useful or helpful in the grand scheme of things and whether or not we need to know so much about the lives of others and in my humble opinion "The top heel of the Ugandan backyard wrestling company staffed by orphans is not a very progressive person" feels like the line.

Edit: Like, obviously, those are some vile tweets. I'm not disputing that. gently caress all that. But there's so much context to consider here culturally that there comes a point where it feels like tilting at windmills.

The deep cultural context of white people in Africa being rotten, lol

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the real way to live the gimmick in 2024 is for your personal profile to be way more racist than your in character profile

the marks just can't keep up

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

A Chikara doc would be very fun if Quack wasn't allowed anywhere near it

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The inductees are the draw, why shouldn't they get paid

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Punk should have reasonably claimed the violence was exaggerated and his firing unjustified, since he's physically incapable of harming someone with a punch and it's been proven once again

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Shard posted:

he could have just not talked about it. Or better yet not tried to punch his co-worker and lunge at and threaten his boss. Or even better than that not have talked poo poo about a bunch of people in his company back during brawl-out. But Punk makes the decisions he makes.

I'm gonna punch this post in the face

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

How are people here falling for a honeypot the poster has been cackling about people falling for all day?

goons too faceblind as usual, can't even tell that's actually Jericho's wife holding hands with MTG

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I'd pay for content that gave me more time with the AEW announce crew commenting on stuff

Imagine them watching old wrestling together

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

Dark Side of the Ring really scraping the bottom of the loving barrel if they made a whole episode based on "a bad buff bagwell match"

Absolutely no one is watching that episode for the match versus all of Buff's personal drama, not to even mention the motherly ball shaving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it was still way too immediate

it would have worked way better if Penta was actually following up with something after taunting, especially a move that wouldn't involve Cody dragging Penta into a pin with both arms

The337th fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 14, 2024