Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yuka said every time the TJPW roster have a sleep over by the end of the night they're all naked and wrestling and every single video I've seen posted from their parties makes it sound like it wasn't a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Maki Itoh is fuckin' over. Outside of AEW talent, she's drawn the ire of Cornette and Alex Shelly is putting her over. She's going to be the biggest star of 2022, I'm glad she didn't retire in 2019.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

No Asuka? Bad Shinuske! She's one of the most adorable ones!
Asuka lives in Vegas so she was probably just at home :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Power Windows posted:

Do vegan mozzarella sticks exist? Are they any good?
Yes, and they're fine.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The era of BTE being "Joining the Dark Order" is over. We're in the Itoh Respect Army era now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

Anna weighs in:

This was the better picture because Colt looks like he's a fan posing with a wrestler

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hakku pointed out (DDT Eng Updates) that she's probably still asleep and it'll be dealt with in the morning, but apparently Kamiyu stays up until 5am shitposting on Twitter

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I never even connected the dots that he was using it because of the iconic TLC spot to Jeff Hardy, I thought it was just because he was fighting larger opponents and couldn't use his other finishers as easily on them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm glad Culter is out there trying his best to prove that not everyone named Brandon are a Bam Margera or Low Ki. RIP Brandon Lee, your legacy lives on through a 62 year old former real estate agent.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

God bless. Today was a good day.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

What's going on everyone, this is Low Ki, unfortunately I have to withdraw from today's event [inesert event] I have a a neck injury, which the MRI report has come back with many issues and at this time it's not wise it's simply not wise to risk further injury. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. I know it's quite disappointing at this time, but a suitable replacement has been found and you're in for a hell of a fight [match replacement]. Please accept my apologies, but at this time I am currently not medically cleared.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Tessa Blanchard, Sasha, Bayley, and Kalisto, I don't recognize the others

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wazzu posted:

https://twitter.com/JigsawWRESTLING/status/1374903168115560452

More surprise Chikara gimmick history. Looking back at videos, that's definitely Silver's distinctive body type.
I remember thinking that Shard was the best rookie in NA and that 17 was somehow Reckless Youth. It's too bad Quck is the way he is

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Quack is the master of getting the least out of talented people.
Paraphrasing Tony Khan, he was so happy to have signed Orange Cassidy and then he learned that he used to be Fire Ant and realized he had one of the best workers from the 2010's on his roster.

e: I'll source the quote:

quote:

"I can talk all day about Orange Cassidy. There was stuff about his independent act that I hated and would never do on our show. Matt [Jackson] said this guy's really got something and he suggested putting him with Best Friends. I went to a PWG show and really got to know him and learn what makes him tick. I had no idea that Orange Cassidy was Fire Ant until he told me that night and I was like, 'Oh my god, you're a great wrestler.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913042-aews-tony-khan-opens-up-on-dynamite-anniversary-mjf-orange-cassidy-and-more'

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 26, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There's no way that either of Hogan's children know who Low-Ki is. They probably wanted Salina and her booking went through Low-Ki and Layla said "Yeah I remember him"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Benne posted:

Has Low Ki finally burned enough bridges that "hanging out with Hogan's failkids" is the only booking he can get these days?
It's awe inspiring that Low-Ki's managed to sink so low and the only dumb thing he's said is call people sheep for wearing face masks. AFAIK he's just determined to burn bridges and has no allegations against him other than throwing tantrums and being the biggest Low Ki mark on the planet.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Beast in the East was the show Cole was spurting off all this Finn Balor history, not like he'd just looked it up before the show, but legitimately knew it off-hand wasn't it?

e: By that I mean Prince Devitt history, not exclusively his WWE career to that point.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eddie Kingston, Joey Janella, and Nick loving Gage, champions of women's equality and LGBTQ+ communities is a hell of a stable.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Pylons posted:

It's easier to have a good time with something goofy that you've come up with rather than something goofy that's been written for you that you hate and have to make work. That comes through in the performance.
They're also not being held hostage to do this kind of thing, which helps.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wasn't Ivelisse originally supposed to be the Lucha Underground champion but burned enough bridges that they went with Sexy Star instead? (Who turned out to be a bigger piece of poo poo)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don’t think Ivelisse is going through anything. I think she’s just a selfish piece of poo poo.
She's been like this for a long time yeah. People ITT and TH2 both tried to warn AEW not to work with her but alas, maybe this time it will be different

Sometimes you've just got to cut off the toxic people until they've demonstrated YEARS of evidence that they've changed. Also speculating on her mental health is just plain weird.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

You don't need to SS Nic loving Gage's tweets, he's not a coward like Dustin.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Obligated to post this

https://twitter.com/mothfromdaflats/status/1114920149507891201?s=20

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DJExile posted:

someone quote tweeted this and said it's like a live-action Space Ghost Coast To Coast and goddamn if that isn't perfect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3C4wxEys1M

CodeMiko is modern day Space Ghost. She's working on G4TV, whenever that actually happens, it's all extremely surreal interviews and her model, her effects, everything is programmed entirely by one woman who used to be a pole dancer and was upset nobody took her seriously. She's extremely talented

To keep it wrestling-related there's the very real chance she works directly with Xaiver Woods since they're both going to be hosts on G4 :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

:stare: I didn't know UMB was still wrestling either

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t get it Jim is a good guy so him having good opinions isn’t notable?
Ross has actually made attempts at being a better person by talking to Sonny Kiss (Ross referred to Kiss as "her" a couple time iirc but cleared it with them beforehand) and a fan of Nyla Rose so at least a part of his poo poo opinions are just being old and un-informed, but he's actually trying.

God bless the Boomer Sooner, he's actually trying to be a decent person.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Nyla Rose is more dangerous outside of the ring than inside

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I immediately knew who the emoji was and I appreciate AEW more for keeping the kayfabe for her

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Rosa went in paint lol
Statlander and Abadon weren't in gimmick yet, Rosa was. Who cares

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

smikey posted:

Asuka/KANA has a gravure DVD
I'm okay with Asuka and ASUKA/Veny doing a gravure together

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

flatluigi posted:

idk if it was entirely bad faith -- pride month these days always kicks off with a bunch of corporations deciding they're gay for a month for money and i could see someone sighing heavily at the cody rhodes tattoo pride shirt and thinking it was worth saying something about. but that's not really something that's fixed by making it a generic aew pride shirt, and brandi's response implies some behind the scenes stuff about people (rightfully) not wanting to be singled out/pushed to the forefront this month
You're not wrong. If Cody's pushing all of the profits to his shirt to legitimate LGBTQ+ charities that's a huge step up from companies selling rainbow colored merch for Pride Month and donating some of the profits.

Good time to mention The Trevor Project who run hotlines to help LGBTQ+ teenagers and young adults out when they have nobody else to turn to.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I hope Mizuki sees this and they into into an arms race of overly complicated Whirling Candy variations until Rey Fenix just does something that shouldn't even be possible

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Since the mark deleted his posts,

"gently caress them for being offended"

Which spurred from this tweet from Kingston:

https://twitter.com/MadKing1981/status/1400517888637870082?s=20

Which is fine. DMX had some banger songs but was a huge homophobe until the day he died. I listened to DMX's undisputed album when it came out and I was confused why half the songs were about how much he hated gay men in multiple tracks and it was there when he took off too. It wasn't even just the slurs, he had several songs about just how much he hated gay men and I don't understand why.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SexMetalBarbie posted:

Jesus, really? steep indie drop from the days of Keith and Walter and Riddle etc. WWE really has hosed the Indies.
They did, but there wasn't a whole lot of time to rebuild after WWE panic-signing everyone before Dynamite started and the start of the pandemic, and PWG stopped running in 2019.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=246998

Look at that card, around a third are signed to WWE now, David Starr will never get booked again, there's 2 guys signed to AEW and 2 signed to ROH. The rest either stayed on the independent scene or couldn't travel during COVID

GCW is pretty much the only major indie that's been operating in the last year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Colt Cabana was the goofball who didn't fit in with the very serious Dark Order, now they're all goofballs and the Dark Order never needs to be series again

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Why is Shida on here twice

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Someone post that old "Triple HHH" pic that somebody made in one of the 2K games.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Classic, but I was referring to the one where someone made a stable consisting of three HHHs. I'm pretty sure all of them had belts too.
You asked me to post a picture of Shovel Knight, I'm confused

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I knew he'd show up eventually but I'm not sure I'm ready to see another death in the ring involving Nick Gauge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I hope Abadon continues to get better because there's this special tongue-in-cheek kayfabe outside of the ring where everyone's just very unsettled and uneasy being close to Abadon. I love how straight they played the Shida match, she wasn't afraid of Abadon because she was a literal zombie, just a terrifying person.