Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I kinda like her theme. It's like bad video game music played in reverse. It's not good in any real way but it's incredibly memorable and I like it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Remember last summer during his open challenge run when everyone was convinced Cody was about to turn heel for about 3 months straight? :allears:

Which was all to build to a promo where he declared he wasn't turning heel and was staying a face and acknowledged that the audience wanted it. But, denying the audience a thing they want and acknowledging it is a heel move. That promo was his heel turn, sorry Rarity.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

That seems like it should be in a different thread, probably the WWF thread.

Oh no what's the bad thing that could happen from that?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I put it there because I have buttons that let me idk :shrug:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Because the reaction would be very entertaining for me.

You won't like it. Losing is what she's good at.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s just that thing on the internet where if something is remotely good people have to outdo every other fan by talking about how amazing it is in increasingly outlandish ways.

She’s entertaining and decent in the ring is the level headed take you’re looking for.

She calls her fans simps. That's the joke.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

I guess I don't quite understand this "muh freedums! :qq:" mentality, because it's just so alien to us Kiwis. We just started a week-long lockdown here in Auckland because there was a community outbreak, and when I popped into school to collect some poo poo I'll need, the roads were deserted.

One of the major beliefs of a lot of Americans is "Rules for thee and not for me" so they have to throw a fit about rules even if they're obviously designed to protect them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Stealth Tiger posted:

I would simply not get mad at Soulja Boy a decade after the last time he had a hit song, but that's me

D-list celebrity: "Who wants to come down here and play in the mud with me?"

WWE: "Sure, just throw down a ladder"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Strong Texas energy from a congresswoman who doesn't even represent the state

She's working a cowboy gimmick

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please stop tweeting wwe

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Macbeth rather than the bible, I'd have thought.

No, it's from Ray Bradbury. I can see how the 3 books for confused

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I also don't tell people in real life that I'm a goon. Me and Evil Uno have something in common.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

All the effort went into the clothing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

Has there ever been a wrestling match in an empty tank that's slowly filling with water, where both competitors are chained to the bottom and the key to those restraints is on their opponent's body? That's the only scenario where I wanna see escape rules

Magician gimmicks don't get over

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's also almost 60. No one wants to see a 60 year old new jack falling to his death. Nevermind all the other poo poo that comes with him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Now I want to watch new jack city

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like Austin just admitted he drinks his own poop like a goldfish.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Procrastinator posted:

i would guess that there's an q ingroup and a q outgroup that independently sort of stick together

Cults are in groups inside of in groups so almost definitely.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The internet has easily discussed the mic shot more then anyone in AEW has.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's a cult. WWE can not fail they can only be failed. If you're not getting opportunities it's your fault. It doesn't matter what it is. Not getting a spot? Don't call in sick. You stopped calling in sick? Don't take vacation time. You're here every day when we tell you to be? Not good enough, anticipate the cults needs.

There is no level of sacrifice high enough because it's very obvious that's not actually how you get your spot or opportunity. But the longer you spend in that environment the harder it becomes to see. The more work you put in for whatever you were promised the harder it is to admit to yourself that you're being lied to and there is no output for what you've done. All you can do is cut loses and that's hard to accept.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I'll just say that if Lana was truly happy being in WWE she wouldn't have posted that video

Yeah. I think you can debate on how bought into she is, how much she believes and how much is coerced, but she's obviously not happy. You don't make videos and statements like that if you're happy. It's just as much a callout to other people as it's a dressing down of herself.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The youtube show of try out matches had a bad try out match :shrug:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think the distressing part is that Luchasaurus has been doing this a long time, and he was as lost as the other guy.

I also missed it was Cezar so kind of funny. But still, the undercard practice show had a bad match oh no.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The difference is she was green as grass, Luchasaurus has been doing this since 2009 and Bononi since 2004

And Okada does the money clip.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

The thing about New Super Bloopers and the like is that in general they're treated as funny things you can laugh at, not "Ted Danson that loving hack, messed up his line on The Good Place five times, who told this doofus he can be on a sitcom??" or pulling out a string of 'botches' to 'prove' that Paul Pierce has no business being in the NBA, much less the Hall of Fame.

Yeah, I'm not saying the clip isn't funny. It's incredibly funny. And it's also funny to see people who think it's an actual problem or that they should of edited it out. If anything I think I'd get mad if they got into the habit of constantly editing out sloppy spots. Wrestling is improvisational, the bad spots are a part of the art form.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dacap posted:

I’m surprised his relationship with Charlotte hasn’t protected him more to be honest. I would assume she’s got a lot of pull backstage but I guess nobody does these days.

I don't think anyone does because it's not real leverage. The people who have pull in WWE seem to just be the folks Vince likes or have ideas he likes. But they've worked hard to make the brand the product and not have to depend on performers for revenue. No one is a cash cow to WWE, there is no one who can walk away and impact the business poorly in their eyes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The mount rushmore of wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is Low Ki really trying to call out Rollins for stealing the gimmick of "Agent 47 from the hit video game series Hitman"?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

explosivo posted:

Lol come on now..

Edit: Even if this was true, wouldn't this be a massive self-own on the WWE for not being able to do anything to bring back lapsed fans except for paying a grammy winning artist to appear on their show a few times?

I refuse to believe this dude goes to a barber who knows who bad bunny is.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Low Ki just stopping in the middle to tell you to sell more.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

He's saying that there are people whose irrational grudges make them blind to objective reality.

Yeah, it's this. Abadon is saying you should be successful and suffocate the people holding their breath hoping you will fail. Dave then plays on that by making a joke that the people who are waiting on others to fail are making themselves stupid on the hate. Or that they're suffocating so bad they're oxygen deprived.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Don't hang out with marks, stick with wrestlers

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I imagine it would be difficult to run a profitable Mania with diminished crowd capacity unless they are managing to lower production costs against quartered ticket revenue.

They should be paying their wrestlers more anyway, bonuses are a anti worker ruse most of them when compared to fair wages and benefits.

They could afford to run it at an enormous loss if a mania is so important to them. They don't need mania to be profitable.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The_Rob posted:

This is lamest poo poo I’ve ever seen.

"This thought you obviously like is the worst thing I've ever seen"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope these tweets are getting all the real QVC heads hooked on AEW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

Cass should be doink

This right here is doink.

And he's over 7 doinks.

You can't doink that.

Honk honk.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Seams posted:

what if the whole andrade thing is a work and he returns to raw tonight leading a stable of underused guys

It would mean that WWE gave him the ok to tell news outlets about Charlotte bring treated badly which would be very funny and hosed up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

"be sure to mention how someone took naked creepshots of her in the locker room!"

"That's a work, right? So that this feels real?"

"Hahaha good luck kid"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wrestling has too many stables, never even heard of these RLM dorks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how did letting kids do this strike anyone ever as okay

“Dear pedophiles I live at ...”

They let kids on the internet now