Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Maki Itoh trying to recreate SHODAN's plan in SS2 is genuinely a terrifying thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Marmaduke! posted:

Appletinis, duh

Hoping they get one more match as Bad Influence with an Impact crossover

It's a shame they still don't use the Impact Zone anymore because them being in the locker rooms and Daniels finding an Appletini in his old locker would be a fun scene.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
It's apparently a filter.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/yousefreyy/status/1394387595816280067
He really was an attractive man when he was younger. Also lol at the idea that no-one will respect him considering what we know about him now.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Nah, this won't get him over. Him being an unstoppable psychopath that destroys people will never work.

He needs more cucking angles.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Except that one time he broke his jaw and it was wired shut for a few episodes of LU.

But even then he just had a small whiteboard in his hand and would write stuff on it. You can't silence the man.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Drake: "In my day people showed respect."

Also Drake: "I shouldn't have to show respect to other people if their views and beliefs conflict with my own."

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Hey its the bad guy from Hot Fuzz

My initial thought was "But he looks nothing like Jim Broadbent" before realising you meant Timothy Dalton.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Between Janella trolls an anti-mask meeting and Taz vibing to music, I've had a lot of laughs today.

Shard posted:

Is Suzuki a higher profile star than Dustin? Like has he been world champ? Or are they same level of awesome hands who have only gotten better with age?

Whether or not he's a higher profile star is irrelevant, but to answer your question, yes, they're two old men who have gotten more awesome in pretty much every way and a match between both would be great.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Why would you admit to being affiliated with Leeds? Dig up, stupid.

Yeah, all the respectable West Yorkshire folks live in Wakefield.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Who are these mythical "respectable West Yorkshire folks"?

I actually wouldn't know about "respectable". I'm from Rotherham.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I could see Sid speaking with his brain in the same way that Homer does and if it was even half as funny as Homer's conversations then it would be gold.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

If Sabu smokes drugs like he wrestles, it'll be 25 minutes of him setting up an elaborate smoking rig, it falling over, him going back to set it up again, him getting it on his lips, it falling over, him setting it up again etc.

25 minutes later he finally takes a drag and then everyone pretends he's the best drug smoker of all time.

Or it'll be one of those rare occurences where everyone expects it to be an absolute catastrophe and it goes off without any issues.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

But but but some guy in the bad opinions thread said she'd never get over!

Honestly, that spot was incredibly cool and I would definitely want to see more.

It's like Misawa floats slowly down before the slam. Regardless of how stiff he was with a lot of people, Vader was great.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I always thought the Overdrive was a neckbreaker of sorts simply because it was called "Orton Neck Breaker" in WWE Raw 2 on Xbox. I saw it as the person doing the move holding the opponent's head in place and then using the momentum of the body falling to snap the neck.

That said, I agree that it usually looks like poo poo unless there's any momentum to it, but it did actually look pretty good and made sense when done for the purpose it was originally intended.

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1465742872410476544

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

It's the Wii Shop theme. For some reason Nintendo made some incredibly catchy jingles for things like shops and cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyjUmv1gJEg

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Well, that's my new thing learned for the day.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/supertownsend/status/1483230914045960192

This is a good response to Dax's later tweet saying that the tickets had been given to another family.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Remember the TNA Mecca song parodies

Do we have to? The Smash Mouth one still baffles me to this day.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Nea posted:

Even though I know this is advertising lie, it's still really sweet. I don't know. I've been struggling a lot this last year and gained about a hundred pounds since I quit a job that kept me standing eight hours a day. Worst weight of my life - before, where I was at, I could be overweight but still happy with myself, especially because I was losing a couple pounds a month with my job. Didn't like how other people looked at me, hated shopping, but yanno. I was working on my self image and not caring about what I weighed so much as being in shape.

Where I'm at, I feel awful about myself. I know other folks are judging me. When I've been overweight before I've still been more or less in shape. And now I have trouble walking for fifteen minutes at a time without being in severe back pain. I'm gonna see a doctor about it next month. I might try DDP's stuff. I want to in better shape, even if I don't lose weight. Can't deal with this loving pain and the self loathing that comes with being far north of 300 pounds.

Thanks for linking the video.

I've been doing DDP Yoga on and off for a few years now and it has helped me to lose weight (although I have gained and re-lost it again due to choices and events in life). While I didn't lose a huge amount of weight (only about 20lbs) but I was never doing it for weight loss and more for core strength and flexibility which it has definitely helped.

Also I know it's easier said than done but don't hate yourself over this. Go at your own pace, try it out and see how it goes, and hopefully you'll enjoy it and see some results. I know I find it fun even though DDP's jokey lines do make you roll your eyes.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Josh's son might be onto something.

https://twitter.com/Walking_Weapon/status/1518228031839641600

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Unperson_47 posted:

Probably more common than you think. When I worked in an automotive assembly plant, management tried to get us all to believe the same poo poo.

At my last job there was expectations to do work outside of hours, and when the pandemic hit and anyone that wasn't furloughed and above a certain salary had to take a temporary mandatory pay cut but still work full hours, along with be forced to go to mandatory meetings outside of working hours. My line manager said that we should all do it "for the love of the company" and that we should "praise" the senior manager (that many people have stated and still do state as their reason for leaving) from time to time to "keep him happy".

I would be fired from that place eight months later because the two managers I mentioned thought I wasn't capable of doing my job and that I shouldn't be saying things like "I'm unhappy" and "I don't want to work here anymore" because it just brings down the mood of the company. It's funny how once I was away from those two people my happiness increased, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with them no longer being able to control certain aspects of my life.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Isn't Sanders some sort of party planner now?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

The entire show is just Eddie spotting the cameras, going,"What the hell?" and locking them out of the house, and then the crew tries its best to film him going about his day but continually has to hide from him Bowfinger style, and every so often he spots them and yells at them to go away.

"Rhodes to the Top" becomes "Hiding on the King's Road" and is very literal.

I know Punk wanted a remake of Cannonball Run with wrestlers, but a remake of Bowfinger with Eddie Kingston doing both of Eddie Murphy's roles would be just as good.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm going to go make Minoru Suzuki my bitch

You've got guts, GWB.

Granted, they're soon to be plastered all over the front of his shop, but you've got them.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Does King from Tekken do Spanish Flys? Because King from Tekken should do Spanish Flys.

King's a heavyweight style wrestler. If they were to put Julia back in the mask as Jaycee then she'd probably have it.

El Blaze in VF would absolutely do one though. Unless he was fighting Taka in which case it'd end up just being a Flatliner on account of Taka getting different throw animations because of the weight classes.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/DamienDarling/status/1554546382547156997

I can't see this without hearing it in that kid's voice from the ad.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

That kid grew up to be Satoshi Kojima :hai:

Yeah, that checks out. The kid in the ad looked to be in his mid-20s.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

I'm pretty sure Kanyon did it at some point in WCW. Whenever you see something cool that wasn't innovated by some Joshi in the 80s and 90s, there's a good chance Kanyon was doing it instead.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
This randomly showed up in my feed and made me chuckle.

https://twitter.com/Candidate__Bot/status/1557590515171790848

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

I would unironically love this especially if she did the sinister laugh that Tom does as he locks the door.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

I hope we get some reference to this:
https://twitter.com/theadampage/status/1184992346934566912

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Like with the Choco Pro Janken episode with him, here's something really amusing about Ishii just refusing to look at the camera.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Not feeling this King of the Hill reboot, tbh

This reminds me of the Dark Souls III premium guide that was priced at about $160 (which was for a guide and a bunch of extra stuff only and not the game) which had a 3D printed Estus Flask that was supposed to be a realistic replica of the one in the game.

Then it was released and this is what people got: https://imgur.com/mF0vXCU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
He has good opinions about the Dreamcast being a great console. Even if he wasn't already great, he's awesome for that reason alone.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

It's already working - I'm cracking up at that tweet right now.

"And what's the deal with not being allowed to urinate on women?"

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Drakkel posted:

It's truly astounding watching all these wrestling old heads who always wax poetic about guys like Vader and the Steiners who regularly and in some cases gleefully beat the ever loving gently caress out of enhancement talent getting completely and totally worked by a stiff women's match.

I don't know what you mean. Wrestlers were far more careful back in the day with safe moves like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVVshSlZdAk

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

One of the most pathetic verification tweets yet in a week full of them.

https://twitter.com/GentlemanJervis/status/1587884376997744641

Jarvis.

No idea how bad this was but he's now deleted his account.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

from what i recall it was "as a person who cannot properly verify his identity, yet has been impersonated in the past, i would glady give you $8 mr musk".
e:fb with the exact wording.

He really is pathetic.

EdsTeioh posted:

What IS the deal with the lines in his hair? Is that a OnePiece reference?

JethroMcB posted:

Yes, the magic fruits that characters eat to gain supernatural abilities have that same swirling pattern on them.

It's the one that Luffy (the main character) ate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

drat, Yujiro has aged horribly in the last month or so.