Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Someone in the Kanyon episode will claim that having him dress up as Boy George and sing Do You Really Want to Hurt Me before getting beaten the poo poo out of him was in no way intended as a comment on his actual homosexuality and that WWE employs people of all backgrounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Americans make us Brits seem less stupid, which is a good feeling to have in that short time frame before another one of us turns out to be a paedo.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
There's only one guy that I hate,
Because he likes to annoy:
I-i-iiiiiiii
Hate Soulja Boy.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Tbh, that's why I'm not really a fan of the Bret/Owen cage match. They spent too much time trying to escape the cage when you would have thought Bret would be more interested in having a definitive wrestling contest after losing at Wrestlemania. Owen, sure, he wants to get the title off of Bret by any means necessary, but they probably could've done more to show his conflict between that and wanting to mess Bret up physically. All the stuff about keeping the divided family at bay wasn't used until after the match had already finished. It was probably a very good match for WWF at the time, but it did nothing for me when I watched it not long ago.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/HalHaneyArt/status/1369293161462456328

I love these, but when did Psycho/Sycho Sid Justice and Austin get into it?

Yeah, these are great. There are some I can't recognise without the colour so I'll look forward to that. Can't answer your question unfortunately. Maybe sometime during the world title chaos in the early months of 1997?

Love his choices for Booker T, Scott Hall and Kurt Angle.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Red posted:

The ones that threw me in this pic were Will Sasso (as Stone Cold), Big Show, and Jeff Jarrett.

Ah, hahaha, JJ doing the BLASFERMUS MERCHANDAHSE promo! I also missed Pillman's gun.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Has anyone got that clip of Braun destroying Kevin Owens' rental car, but dubbed over with Sid Vicious and 22!??

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
"You should put a face mask on during a pandemic, it's hardly inconvenient and has been shown to have an effect."
"POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD!"

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The mic shots looked bad but then so did Lance Storm's chair shots in ECW. The WCW thread was laughing about one of Hogan's chair shots the other day. They're workers trying to protect other workers which is very good but the hits still look bad. I'd say just don't do them myself but who cares, it's a small thing you laugh about and move on.

Pylons posted:

Who the gently caress is a casual viewer

I am. I only watch current wrestling occasionally and when I do it's in jeans and a t-shirt.

Edit: gonna post that Hogan clip because it's great.

https://youtu.be/bEvp5bBVZ8Y

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 13, 2021

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I think some of you guys care a little too much about what a bunch of obnoxious WWE fans on Twitter think. Botch was bad, you laugh about it and move on. It's not necessarily a slight against AEW or the folks involved.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

See, I keep seeing that the S was for Son, but I could swear the original promo had Foley saying that the S was for Shane.

It's definitely son, but I think Foley explained the clever acronym by shouting "UPYOuRS, Shane!!!".

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Union of People You Oughta Respect Son
Pretty Mean Sisters
Terri Invitational Tournament
Sports Entertainment Xtreme
Voodoo Kin Mafia
Total Nonstop Action
Saskatchewan Hardcore International Title

There's got to be way more that I'm missing, especially from WCW.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
They should keep a copy of the hand birth in the Library of Congress.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Why did he post a photo of Kenny Rogers?

He just dropped in, to tell us what condition his condition was in.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Soulja Boy will show up at Wrestlemania and add to the lore of the fiend by cranking it.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Rarity posted:

It's cause they were getting bad PR from all the 'former WWE wrestler dies at 40 of drug-related issues' headlines

What's crazy to me is that after the Benoit tragedy happened and WWE corporate was desperately trying to cover itself, didn't Vince come out and say that what they were doing was literally just for PR purposes and they have no responsibility over whether or not a wrestler gets injured on their watch, because obviously it would be the independent contractor's fault? I'm guessing the press had moved on by then, or at least an old white uber-conservative being incredibly evil and broke-brained wasn't even considered newsworthy any more?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
An all caps match, where everyone wears a cap.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I know a bunch of people who are under 5'7 so I guess I'm a pedo now. :(

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Jiro posted:

It's hilarious that Mickie is that aware enough to know some really choice Simpsons memes, and it's maddening that this was the meme used cause I can definitely see Vince and Co just kicking her rear end out the door without so much as a thank you.

Also you just know that there are several wrestlers who sleep in a racecar.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The wrestling company's gonna give me lots of money and everything's gonna be alright.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The opening scene to Blues Brothers but Vince keeps the soiled prophylactic.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Disturbing.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

enigmahfc posted:

i can 100% believe Vince has a phone with a direct line to Hell.

He's a pretty tireless businessman.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Ogogo got signed to AEW? Huh.

Strictly Come Dancing feud with Jericho when?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

njsykora posted:

Daniel Bryan literally did the same thing on Saturday Morning Slam and a bunch of gamers got real mad about it the exact same way. It’s hilarious.

Do you like video games??

NO!! VIDEO GAMES ARE FOR IDIOTS!

Not wrong.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's only a game so

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Everywhere I look there's something that reminds me of her.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm enjoying Gal Gadot's gimmick of "tries to save the world in real life each year; fails miserably". That's heel heat right there.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

dsriggs posted:

:bahgawd: Oh mah gaaawwwddd... CCUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Isn't Botchamania guy on like his 10th account? What is the big deal with making another one?

I reckon it's just a pain in the rear end.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
manspreading.jpg

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I had to look up what he was referring to (the Tulsa Race Massacre I think?) but Big Sexy is good.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Every time it's posted I try to work out what they were trying to say. I think I can get most of it except for flux every telling.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I want to say friend was supposed to be "future", but I've not analysed this via autocorrect. Maybe Dave Meltzer wanted to be Dean Amanda's friend?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What was he responding to?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
People keep talking about how Hogan and Mr America were the same person but Mr America passed a lie detector test to prove conclusively that he wasn't Hogan so??

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
He should go to the doctor about that.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Someone's being overpushed? Dunno who tho.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't know what's happening in that video but it seems pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
gently caress it all and loving no regrets I hear the lights it makes no sense, I'll reel it all, I'll hang myself, to help myself be free

I get anger with you, I'm getting anger with you