Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's a drat shame Maki's got the outgoing personality and shitposting abilities because Miyu is by far the cooler member of the team. Peeps should be simping for her dammit

Never forget
https://twitter.com/miyu_tjp/status/1350362148245893120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sandman McMahon posted:

I’ve never seen Maki Itoh do anything and I’m sure she’s a nice person and all, but all this talk of simps and what not generally makes me think she sucks.

If you've got 20 minutes spare you can watch her match from January 4th this year against Miyu Yamashita, which was PSP's first MOTYC of 2021. She's a solid wrestler who has apparently improved a ton in the last couple of years, and she has a good enough grasp on written English to attract Western fans including other wrestlers.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Royal Updog posted:

You can get all your Bee-vitamins from watching Suzume matches

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

No sympathies for turncoats

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

They called me mad for giving Onita the book, but who's laughing now world

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cavauro posted:

i wasn't watching when they did that spot either. i watched most of the show but i missed that part to pay attention to dogs

I too was watching Sugiura-gun instead of AEW

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

She's imagining the flames are Maki's face

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

boxcarhobo posted:

i thought they were friendly rivals now!!!

i havent watched in a couple weeks

Yep, their tag team offence is getting more and more convoluted as they get more comfortable in the partnership. But Miyu won't give up on kicking her, just like Maki can't stop with the friendly(?) headbutts. It's in their DNA.

Besides, standing right next to your partner at the start of the match is optimal headkick range, she'd be a fool not to take advantage

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kenta the everyman

https://twitter.com/KENTAG2S/status/1372717100595249155

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tanahashi's biggest fan

https://twitter.com/YTR_CHAOS/status/1373202974948782088

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lid posted:

When i look at Seth wrestling i certainly think of a 5'6" bald man who stiffed everyone he ever worked with.

The difference is that Ishii elevates the people he works with

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lance is a real funny guy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Put whatever toppings you like on your oven bread, just make sure your heart is not small

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

King has good sense. Taue ruled

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I thought she left wrestling entirely after the Age of the Fall stuff, the more you know

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Every wrestler is a fan of Jun Kasai

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Least cool member of Full Throttle is a good guy

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1387508967845371904

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Reunited with his son! If only Moxley could be teaming with Shota :shobon:

Nobody's seen Shooter in over a year, you can't give the family hope like that

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Blue Justice taunting NOAH fans after he wins their version of the G1

https://mobile.twitter.com/DirtyDickinson/status/1388137538838142982

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's nice to see them become friends through their shared love of beating, and then caring for, Young Lions

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Uncle Jun is standing slightly offscreen to ensure he maintains that steely facade and doesn't embarass Junretsu by looking silly

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

More wrestlers need to do Zangief's Ultra

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cerebral Bore posted:

The Styles Clash looks good when Tanahashi does it, but then again what doesn't?

Some say Gedo is still booing Tana's pitiful abs to this day

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If Dwayne Camacho can access 'roids as President there's no reason Dwayne Johnson can't

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Andre was an absolute monster in his early years, but by the time he became an international superstar his movement was as limited as his English language promo skills

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Less than 2 months ago they were throwing each other onto barbed wire and into caskets, now they're loving around at a sauna. DDT is art

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was re-reading the FMW-E gdt and it occurs to me that not everyone experienced what a goddamn lunatic Atsushi Onita is when it comes to explosions and also public safety, so crossposting here so more people can witness true art in wrestling

https://twitter.com/yossio440/status/1411581849319600129

https://twitter.com/puroresueikaiwa/status/1411564536310616067

e: btw, the second tweet came from Michelle, a fan who took over English commentary for a match because Drew Parker, who was a one man booth for the rest of the event, had to go wrestle

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 5, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That's what our on-the-scene correspondant GEORGE W BUSHI reported. He should have put the hand up and done commentary for the goons.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It's Michelle who tweets about DDT. They asked the crowd if anyone spoke English and found her

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

karmicknight posted:

UNCLE JUN VS EDDIE KINGSTON

That'd be cool, I imagine Eddie would do well with both sides of DDT considering his history with Chikara

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Speedball should join 37KAMIINA with his old buddy MAO

e: I choose to believe this is his actual YouTube account

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 15, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

An interesting note was that Misawa approached everyone in the locker room personally, including Takashi Sugiura who was still a trainee & wouldn't actually make his debut in ring until December 2000, 6 months after the exodus.

Hasn't Kawada said in the past that one of the reasons he stayed with All Japan is that Misawa didn't ask him personally to leave, rather he went through Taue?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

e: sorry wrong thread

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The best part about this is that Chris Brookes still isn't verified on Twitter

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Did Yuka work heel in AEW? She's at her best when being a relentless bully

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

karmicknight posted:

Sadly, Yuka's form in AEW is happy beloved babyface.

fuckin boo, that's like 10% of her full power

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NuclearPotato posted:

TJPW doesn’t really have a face/heel dynamic at play (except for Neo-Bishiikigun, who are heel by default)

Not too sure about that, large swaths of the roster have got rude as hell in the month Yuka's been away

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Simpsons went downhill after season 8, because that is the one that had the Frank Grimes episode

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Please don't interrupt Simpsons chat with off topic tweets, thank you

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TheKingslayer posted:

I mean... he honestly hasn't done anything great...

He inspired Naito to become El Ingobernable and be the most popular wrestler in Japan for the last however many years, that's pretty great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

L-O-V-E

Love puroresu

I want nothing more right now than Strong Miu getting the giant swing on Chrissy B