Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Genericide posted:

Same as everyone else, attention.

ENGAGE! ME! MORE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean it's not as openly anti-Palestine as the last time she tweeted on the subject, it's more just incredibly wishy-washy.

Needs more bad old pop songs.

Now John Lennon singing about imagining no possessions while living in Central Park West, that's a heel for you.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I immediately assumed it was something disparaging about Asians since I've heard him use the mock accent on his podcast before.

Does Jericho still do that 'hilarious' impersonation of the maintenance guy at his high school they called 'Egypt?'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Parka's mask seems to glare down at Dave with contempt.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

njsykora posted:

Nyla and Maki are the only 2 good Twitter people.

Don't forget Bivens and Large E.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/MidAtlanticPod/status/1393929948423938053

I thought the New Breed's extent of their Transformers references was talking about drinking energon, but no. They are agents from the Decepticon High Council on Cybertron! Jimmy Valiant does not know what he's in for.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

WCW's Robocop tie-in was 31 years ago, so they didn't go back quite far enough.

Having revisited Capital Combat recently what I had forgotten is Robocop doesn't even help in the main event (and considering it's a cage match beatdown of Ric and Barry on Lex, you'd think that would be the perfect time) but no. It was earlier in the show and didn't really matter. If you watch you can see a piece fall off Robocop on his way back down the aisle so maybe they didn't want to risk a second trip, but on the other hand it's more like Ole understandably didn't want him near the main event.

Great Steiners/Doom match, though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

People are getting upset she used the 'your life mattered' phrase because any reason to drag somebody, I guess.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/Malcolmvelli/status/1398335841064394753

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/snoringelbow/status/1400143637279744001

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

coconono posted:

Her point is even dumber when you find out all the 10+ year vets they have in the women's division.

Are you implying Shida did not spring fully formed in AEW, torn from the thigh of Zeus? Well I never.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lid posted:

Shida actually is a weird case as she fell into wrestling entirely by accident, she was a model and actress who got cast in a movie about pro wrestling so went to train for her role and now here we are.

Oh, sure. I was just thinking about her main eventing Bull's retirement show and that was like ten years ago.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ozymandius1024 posted:

I saw them at Summer Sanitarium 18 years ago to the day, and luckily they only played 2 songs off of it.

It's easily one of the worst albums ever made.

Although the defenses of it are interesting. It has its fans and they go to the wall for it with things like "it's supposed to be hard to listen to because it's Hetfield's journey through his pain to cleaner living" and things and if I squint I can see what the fans are going for even if it all the songs feel like they have the exact same tempo and it sounds like Lars is banging on paint cans because the sound mixing is so horrible.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Love that the same guy with Sasha has a picture with Rollins and the guy has the same expression and Seth looks equally nonplussed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

karmicknight posted:

Kingston vs. Itoh is going to be great during Kingston's DDT excursion.

Going to be awkward when the Last of a Dying Breed just proposes in the middle of the ring.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Miyu is a good partner.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

IGgy IGsen posted:

I keep telling myself I need to get into TJPW but I only have so much time. Everything I see from them is such good stuff.

You might check out JoShizzle on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCunEB3a2nzCkFsou0jRUBig/videos He's got some great videos on various and sundry TJPW stars like Sakisama who is evil and French or Shoko Nakajima, a personal favorite, although he calls her the littlest kaiju when she is clearly the biggest. And strongest.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's nothing wrong with any of those pictures. :colbert:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't follow GCW, can I get the story behind it?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

fans unleashed a fusillade of aluminum beer bottles and cans at Matt Cardona after he beat Nick Gage due to chicanery and won the GCW title and dave meltzer disapproved

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Local Hero Nick Gage got beaten by Big Timer / Toy Collector Zack Ryder, and the fans bombarded the ring with cups and garbage

Well that sounds great. Dunno what Dave's problem is but I never have.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

shane slides up to #3

"I'm number three? Wow! Is THIS the brass ring, Dad?"
"Just for asking you're back down to four."
"...aw, man."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zombie Lemur posted:

I like to think Virgil drapes the "Wrestling Superstar" banner over the table every time he eats at a restaurant.

"So, uh, when is Mr... Dee Bee Ace coming?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vandar posted:

Leva teaching Henry how to properly enjoy a trip to our state. Hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/wrestlingleva/status/1420876619925889026

Heck yeah. Go to the place where you can get a corndog as a side. Live that best life, World's Strongest.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

There's a surprising amount of solid episodes there. It's clearly on the downwards slope but, like it's still pretty near the top of the bell curve.

Yeah, you had the odd gem even if you were worried another The Principal and the Pauper was going to come along at any time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

All respect to Jeff. He sold wrestling futures and made money.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

boxcarhobo posted:

i think its that and that hes always been a mega mark for this version of how wrestling was in the 80s and 90s that mostly just exists in his head, also displayed by how desperately he wanted ric to love him

This feels like the key. HHH has never been 'the guy' no matter how much hanging around Shawn or putting himself with Austin or having his own Four Horsemen in Evolution he did. Even on top it doesn't feel like anybody respects him, not that I think he's done a lot to earn it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

coconono posted:

Part of the reason she was ousted from AEW was she was accused of stealing stuff. The rumor I heard was it was thunder rosa’s athletic tape and it turned into a shouting match TK had to sort out

Was the other part she seemed to just be an unpleasant presence backstage overall?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They were notorious assholes, I remember a story about them beating Ken Shamrock half to death with a phone

Here's a good version of it: https://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/nasty-boys-ken-shamrock/

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Orange Carlisle posted:

they are called the nasty boys

i guess the answer to 'nasty as we wanna be' was 'a lot'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Wait, if the Nasty Boys hazed Ken Shamrock then how are they still alive?

Well the first time it was because Sags ambushed Shamrock and nearly killed him and every other time they met when Ken got hot (once because Owen Hart was trying to wind him up, because Owen could honestly be kind of a dick) others separated them. Also Sags seemed to be at least vaguely embarrassed about it and never brought it up on his own and Knobs was black out drunk during the thing so didn't remember.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Manwithastick posted:

All this has made me realise is a karen type female wrestler could be money in the right hands

(Isn't that effectively what Vickie G was?)

Her catchphrase was "EXCUSE ME!" so basically, yeah.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1429272103149207553

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alexander Hamilton posted:

They all have such horrible, garish looks

Maybe because they're never intended to be worn as actual belts.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Renaissance Spam posted:

This is something that really bothers me. Like I love the shoulder strap, but that's for casual times. You're in ring gear? You wear that motherfucker like the world's biggest belt buckle.

Like some of that... *nostrils flaring* southern wrasslin'?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hm. Star Wars posters and Silver Age comics in the room. I didn't know Tony was that much of a huge nerd. Nice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

But turns out it wasn't fair to judge people on how they were in WCW 25 years ago. Tony owns.

I grew up with JCP so watching Tony's passion for the sport being whittled down broadcast after broadcast in the late 90's was very depressing. I'm glad to see him enjoy himself again.

I think my cap was Sting telling him to give him a hug. :unsmith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

Sadly can't mock him for the skateboard gimmick when one of your top babyfaces has a skateboard gimmick.

Never let that stop me before!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I was not prepared for the idol variant Miyu figure.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'm always amazed at how beefy he is.

It's the bread. He eats a lot in his private life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Chuck's gimmick for the better part of a year was "frightens children"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2zP6Vx6yik

There was a great bit with The Smooth Chucky T trying to have a tug of war with a kid over something and losing in Chikara, I think.