Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
https://twitter.com/Mei_gtmv/status/1193654085381238784?s=20

I can't remember where I saw the article but Lulu Penicil came to Eve in the UK to help out with Mei Suruga's travel, got asked if she wanted to wrestle and then encouraged to bring along her own merch. Then she sold all her merch. Wrestling needs more lovable goofballs in and out of the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, when I first started watching AEW I rolled my eyes when I saw Tony in the booth, because I still remembered him from WCW and was thinking that AEW was going to be just another lovely nostalgia grab.

But turns out it wasn't fair to judge people on how they were in WCW 25 years ago. Tony owns.
There's a lot of people I really didn't want to see in AEW but most of them have warmed up to me over time. Who knew having a good boss and a positive backstage environment would repair people with decades of baggage in wrestling?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

If I had waited just a couple more hours to sign up I could have been A Shoot Llama and this is going to haunt me for the rest of my life

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

There's a new username button on top, if you want to pay :10bux:
This website is like fortnight for 30 somethings I swear

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Cavauro posted:

i'm poor and have had good success getting all the name changes i've wanted by bothering admins about it through the private message system. the trick is to act like an rear end in a top hat to them from the start. they think it's funny
I'm not poor but I'm afraid of authority

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

follow ur dreams
I'd have to buy a matching avatar too and that's just $15 I could spend on another wrestling streaming service

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

edogawa rando posted:

I’m not a big metal guy, but is Mastodon like the Nickelback of that genre or something?
Every metal fan thinks any band they don't listen to is the Nickleback of the genre, I've never seen so many flamewars in my life since the time I spent on a 2005 metal forum

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

A talking coyote posted:

Ah the good old days of people threatening to kill each other on the internet over a band being death metal or melodic death metal. :allears:
Having an admin look up my IP and threaten to have shows canceled in my area with bomb threats because I said I preferred Roadrunner Records bands to whatever obscure European subgenre they really liked at the time. Those were the days

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

CobiWann posted:

No, because Nickleback never did a cover of House of the Rising Sun that started out, "There is a house...in Sin City..."

Sin City? Funny loving way to pronounce NEW ORLEANS!!!

It was the first time my wife saw me irrationally lose my poo poo in the middle of a karaoke bar.
It's pronounced New Orleans, actually.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Jiro posted:

As in Polaris' "Hey Sandy"? Only if he gets footage from "The Adventures of Pete and Pete".
That was his old theme song in the indies but only if they re-do the intro shot for shot with all five members of the best friends

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Matt Cardona effortlessly rolled his AEW run into being the biggest heel in the indies. People probably hate RSP a little less now

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Deep Dish Pizza is for people who want to cook lasagna but keep messing it up

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Dragonshirt posted:

what the gently caress is a white label PPV?
Is this the rival company of Black Label Pro or something

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

remusclaw posted:

Watch the princess cup. Itoh is legit loving good. And she has inexplicably become my favorite kind of wrestler, its amazing. She is just a hard brawler type with vicious submissions now and it rules. Judging her based on working soft in the US is gonna result in a complete misidentification of how good she is.
She got a lot better after she started going viral and taking wrestling a lot more serious. She's twice better than she was when she was in AEW and that was six months ago

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Nea posted:

I wanna watch more itoh matches. though from the few i've seen, jesus, please do less headbutts. you are going to give yourself cte.
They're a work brother. She doesn't hit that hard

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Cavauro posted:

skull is thicker than water
you could be stupid like Shibata and have no water or brains then do shoot head butts until you almost die though

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

IGgy IGsen posted:

Does Bill think someone will hire him again if he sucks up to the right people?

Oh, don't tell me he's currently employed somewhere.
Worked for Brother Love and Johnny Ace, will work for Bill Demott. This is no laughing matter.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Davros1 posted:

I like the people, who reading his comments about enjoying his WWE time, are already shouting "He's going back!"
They've won over WWE lifers and CM Punk who quit wrestling totally for almost a decade but yeah sure they'll be back

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Jinder seems like a nice guy and I'm glad there's a new standard to which we can measure awful Smackdown title runs that doesn't involve JBL

Let's be completely honest Jinder being champion has nothing to do with why WWE has been sinking in ratings and live attendance anyway. Maybe it sped it up but it'd be there by now anyway

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Davey Richards typing in his google results on Facebook like my grandmother does

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

That's Andrade(?) Rousey, Danielson, and Ruby?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

AEW simultaneously has too many and not enough factions at the same time

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Can't believe the guy known was "Mr Get Your poo poo In" that only did cool moves feels he's underutilized because he doesn't get 15 minutes to do all the moves he knows every week

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is this a "my contract is up soon" tweet or something storyline-based?

https://twitter.com/QoSBaszler/status/1439990112419450882
Shayna was better in Stardom and early NXT so her leaving the company is gonna be like Dragon Ball dropping the training gear off in the hyperbolic time chamber

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

BrigadierSensible posted:

I guarantee, (in Ric's mind), this is all a semantic quibble.

i.e. "Yeah I stood naked in front of her. Yeah she was cowering and saying 'no please stop'. Yeah there was no way for her to get away except through me. But I NEVER forced myself on anyone!"

I believe the victim. gently caress you Ric Flair.

Also, in the Dark Side episode, doesn't RVD corroborate her story with a "I was far away, but I saw Ric doing his naked under the robe thing crowding around the flight attendant."?
RVD is a pretty reliable narrator since he didn't take many unprotected chairshots to the head and never dabbled in anything other than just weed, there's also several other people talking about Flair's helicopter trick and the stuff he would do on flights which make this story absolutely plausible whether Ric remembers it or not.

Just because Dreamer didn't witness it or Flair doesn't remember it doesn't mean it never happened

The sad part is this probably isn't even the worst thing Ric's ever done

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I don't keep up with WWE, what is she talking about? Pretty funny that a white woman is complaining about middleaged white dudes not liking her segments though.
Meltzer reported that 1500 people left during the Flair/Alexa segment on RAW. Bryan Alvarez went on to say that someone *in* the WWE texted him and said it was 700, not 1500 (And Alvarez said he wasn't there so he can only report on what he was told)

Anytime Meltzer says anything the WWE doesn't like the WWE seems to send out everyone to attack Meltzer, and ofc the WWE fan's do too because they already hate him

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Endless Mike posted:

He's like twice her age wtf
She's like 30 but yeah dont ship wrestlers or real life people or even fictional characters. It's weird

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Jeff is one of those absolute weird anomalies in wrestling where you expect everything he says to be a lie or exaggeration but I don't remember much of anything he's said that wasn't true (That wasn't involved with his own drawing power or career)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

TV Zombie posted:

Don't pressure me into watching Rhodes to the Top.
I'm going to peer pressure you into watching it because it was good like the other posters above me said

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Jonny Nox posted:

I hope AA gets a lot of poo poo for that line.
I can't believe you would support senior citizens getting robbed

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

All I wanna do is *glock* *glock* *glock* *glock*
And Bail on Cody

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Tampa Bae posted:

All I wanna do is *glock* *glock* *glock* *glock*
And Bail on Cody
I want to clarify this post because a lot of people haven't listened to a radio since the year 2000. This is a reference to the song Paper Planes by M.I.A. from the year 2008

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Orange Carlisle posted:

I have no idea who that guy even is but apparently he's winning so I should keep hating
Think he was the dude bragging about getting called up, fans told him he was going to fail like every other NXT callup and his response was "yeah but they couldn't cut promos"

That's totally why everyone from NXT failed. They just couldn't cut promos

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Whats the source on that, ringside news?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

TV Zombie posted:

What a ride that conversation must have been
Her brain must be on a consistent acid trip at all times

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

I can't think of a single person who has extolled the virtues of being a man without also being an extremely insecure loser
William Regal. Who's the loser now

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Bayley is probably the most likely to leave WWE first out of the Four Horsewomen and a lot of people are going to be shocked that she's Latina and not a white woman

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Mob posted:

Still waiting for Sasha to marry Bayley and take her name so she can call herself Mercedes Martinez
I think that was Sasha's indie name to begin with, I remember Sasha getting signed and the stories being "Mercedes Martinez has been signed but not that one, the other one"

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Pinwiz11 posted:

Not the same without the samba dancers.
They were there at the Tokyo Dome, Dieno only has so much of DDT's money to waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Emi: I was waiting for AEW to ask me back, but they never did
AEW: You were supposed to ask us!
Emi: Also I've brought all of chocopro over now