Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Me, upon learning that the last twitter thread was a decade old and that there were 10+ years between The Miz WWE title reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Rarity posted:

Here's some other things that were happening in the world the last time Miz was champ

Daniel Bryan was hired and went to NXT with The Miz as his pro, got fired for choking Justin Roberts, came back at Summerslam, became a main eventer, won the WWE title at Wrestlemania, retired, became a GM, un-retired from wrestling, and then won the WWE title at Wrestlemania again since the last time The Miz won the title.

The Shield didn't even exist the last time The Miz won the title.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Wrestlemania is going to have another Fiend Mindfuck match that ends with Soulja Boy revealing it was all, indeed fake.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Do Bray and Randy really like working together or something? It's impressive how long they've been linked and what a wonderful symphony of awful angles and poo poo matches they've been able to compose together over the years. Never getting complacent, always getting worse in new and exciting ways.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

They didn’t even give Mania bonuses or royalties to the wrestlers on the WM pre-show. Those SD wrestlers aren’t getting poo poo.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Per his book, Holly says the powerbomb was just mistiming and not jumping at the right time. Denies doing it on purpose as he was well aware what his role was in that match (to get his rear end kicked) and also it's a dangerous move. He had to get neck surgery after that match. They also got their time cut from 15 to 8 minutes right before they went out and had to rush through poo poo.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

loving Charlotte trying to make it a 3-way again and get herself inserted into the Israel/Palestine blood feud. Her ego has no bounds

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Working his legs. He does arms during the boring parts of Raw (3 hours), legs while writing the HERE AND THERE section of the newsletter, and his back while watching re-runs of Dallas

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Years of using that posture means Dave can apply the most devastating Lion Tamer you've ever seen. He could stretch you for hours while also recounting the history of Roller Derby as you pathetically try to escape

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

lol, is that the gun he had in his trunk when he gave the belt back to Bischoff?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

this feud will result in nick gage getting one of those cool new retro-style action figures, I'm all for it

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Totino's Party Pizzas are gang affiliated

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

karmicknight posted:

The Simpsons: a show that was famously never good.

Just like pro wrestling!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I for one never left the Force. I have the trading cards but unfortunately no gold.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Dango Bango posted:

I'm afraid to ask what the N stands for.

No thanks

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The Zo Train period is the only time I can recall caring about 205 Live at all

I also liked the JorDoneZo finisher. Too bad everything else about him as a wrestler and human being sucks.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Kinda want WWE to sign her just to see what happens

I’m still angry they cut the giant nXt lady before episode 1. Signing this lady could make up for it.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

is Anderson still an alcoholic who cheats on his wife or is he still trying to play off the social media blowups that happen every few months as a work

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

flatluigi posted:

good news

this is brock going 'who's this motherfucker' at him coming down the ramp

If they had highlighted nothing but Brock's reaction and done none of their normal stuff this man would so loving over

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Whatever they're doing is somehow working, because I'm somehow slowly starting to like Spears more and more and I would have thought that was impossible a few years ago

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Hook is Schrodinger's wrestler. He's is perfect and the best wrestler precisely because he hasn't wrestled a match to prove otherwise.

I love HOOK

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah but what you didn't see was him trying the same spot three times, halting midway through, moving the chair a bit, walking back to his start spot, then repeating. All the while his opponent is lying there pretending to be so knocked out Sabu can botch his spot for five minutes.

I was never a Sabu fan.

I'm glad I didn't have to see this stuff, I just waited for Paul Heyman to edit 20 matches worth of footage down to a usable 2 minute misirlou montage

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

This tweet and Cage's response are why both guys are where they are now. Cage can't be beaten and sent away from AEW soon enough. FTW Forever

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Pylons posted:

Because he was getting outshined by literally everyone in the group including Taz's son.

Like Paul Roma in the Horsemen, stuck out like a sore thumb.

You can't fake the FTW Mentality.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Billy is now wearing the shirt on TV and into calling his sons rear end boys

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

If Sabu smokes drugs like he wrestles, it'll be 25 minutes of him setting up an elaborate smoking rig, it falling over, him going back to set it up again, him getting it on his lips, it falling over, him setting it up again etc.

25 minutes later he finally takes a drag and then everyone pretends he's the best drug smoker of all time.

yeah but after I smoke the J, I'll just remember the edited highlights and misirlou in the background so it's fine

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I will give him credit for stealing Sabu's gimmick but realizing that putting OTHER people through tables instead of himself is a lot easier on the body

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Sticky Nate posted:

would Benoit be a good fit for Team Taz?

He would take issue with Hook stealing his REDRUM finisher

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I once saw MVP have to set it up and then hop on one leg like three times to get in position for the hard camera.

I think 5 wrestlers in SD vs RAW 2006 had it as a finisher including Mr. Randy Orton

Tato fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 8, 2022

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

the escape goat posted:

more atomic drops in wrestling please

and more over the top selling, too

I agree

https://twitter.com/fo_vverhei/status/1305040874213011458

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Conflicting reports of him slipping or Buddy doing the curb stomp entirely on his shoulder instead of his back. Either way it sucks and I hope he recovers.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Cage is right that the reason he isn't a bigger star is because he isn't BIGGER, makes total sense. Keep going until you look like this WCW legend

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1098722553995046914

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

hook this dude up with Gangrel* let's do some fangin' and bangin'

Gangrel™ created by White Wolf, Inc. Gangrel™ is a trademark of White Wolf, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The man is very clear about his pursuit of human money, it's part of his gimmick! Also, his prices seem reasonable for that sort of thing

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

this is why I kept all my WWF - The Music CD volumes so I can ethically listen to Test's theme whenever I want

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Lid posted:

admit it you got it for this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ2Mo1jvQaY

Best song in the set is that weird version of HBK's theme where it sounds like Vince singing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bw6Jv8IwHA

Was this ever used on television?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I find it very funny someone as PR savvy as The Rock didn't even wait a millisecond to see the reaction to Rogan's "apology," just couldn't wait to post and talk about how much he loves Joe. But perhaps The Rock just lives in the future and is always ahead of the curve, he knew Osama was dead before anyone else.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

ASenileAnimal posted:

keith lee debuts by powerbombing some dude in the crowd for having a bad video game opinion sign

this would rule. someone snatching and tearing up the video game signs would be the biggest face in the company instantly.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I think Sami Zayn is a dapper looking fellow and a fun guy. I'm sorry he can't live in harmony with the jackass boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

“Guy Who is Married to Betty Boop” is a babyface I can root for