Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I will never tire of photos of Chris Brookes looking askance at his weird friends doing some bullshit

https://twitter.com/drewparker341/status/1359826243823181824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Tired: every random indie runs an angle pretending someone's in the nWo

Wired: every random indie runs an angle pretending someone's in the Bullet Club

Inspired: every random indie runs an angle pretending someone's in the Itoh Respect Army

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Sportskedia posted:

Taya added that she’d quit multiple jobs, sold off her house and was preparing to leave her apartment just so that she could join WWE. However, her goal didn't come to fruition.

Boy, that sounds like a reliable company to uproot your life for.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The sheer number of ways that would have ended with someone never walking again...

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

his head comes within six inches of the ground on the swing. This could have been a Matt Hardy at All Out level of insane injury.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

so have they been trapped in the island from Tomb Raider since their attempted run in at the G1 Supercard?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/YTAlexReynolds/status/1366094236978991109

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Everyone freak out and infer this means Uno is a goon. https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1366922175643607042?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

stab posted:

It's a reference to the biblical quote around "something wicked this way comes."

Macbeth rather than the bible, I'd have thought.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Littlest Kazu's 1000 yard stare is slaying me

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/xinomaox/status/1367512213645262850

(Shunma vs Mao was loving great)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Toa Henare throwing fire about the royal family. https://twitter.com/HenareNZ/status/1369150678266912770?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I did think it was weird that Oprah asked Meghan how big Batista's dick was.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

iirc wasn't one of the Turtles Duane Gill?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

If they fire Devlin then they also have to fire Velveteen Dream and Matt Riddle and Austin Theory and then when does it end?

A big party where we celebrate?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I guess someone's never heard of this World Wildelife Fund thing

pfft, who'd they ever beat

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

I don't think anybody should ever buy a shoe.

I buy one pair of shoes a day and consider it to be unclean to wear shoes more than once.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

Yep, their tag team offence is getting more and more convoluted as they get more comfortable in the partnership. But Miyu won't give up on kicking her, just like Maki can't stop with the friendly(?) headbutts. It's in their DNA.

Besides, standing right next to your partner at the start of the match is optimal headkick range, she'd be a fool not to take advantage

Besides, if you are in a 16 by 16 ring with Itoh and you swing your foot there aren't that many places that AREN'T her head.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Power Windows posted:

Keith Lee vs :wato:

a cyborg mug posted:

Keith Lee vs :yoshihashi:

:wato: vs :yoshihashi:, Keith Lee as guest referee

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

nah he just misses doing his favorite thing

And he can't because broken titty.

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1368812879634456578?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Who else besides me never knew until now that Bryan Alvarez was once a wrestler?

Still is. In 2019 he had matches against Orange Cassidy, Jungle Boy, Marko Stunt, and Nick Gage.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

He's from Ayr. The odds that he wasn't a Rangers fan were always remote.

It would be much funnier if he was incongruously a huge fan of Partick Thistle.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

He's secretly a massive Greenock Morton fan.

Secret fans are the only ones they have.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I have special affection for Kojima after he liked a tweet I made about one of his gym photos where I called him Swoletoshi Swolejima

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Well La Sombra was THE Sombra so what's the Mexican for "a" Sombra? Uno Sombra?

Una Sombra. As in the sentence "La existencia de WWE es una sombra sobre el negocio de la lucha libre"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

If you think about it, the most Ingobernable thing possible would be to go to New Japan and join any faction OTHER than Los Ingobernables de Japon.

Andrade-Gun

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

mooseinfants posted:

His new gimmick should be dressing in purple and hacking into other people's computers and saying 'boop' when he touches you on the nose

That's stealing Statlander valor

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

It's going to be as good KENTA's return to NOAH and Jon Moxley's retirement

KENTA isn't old enough to return to NOAH.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

OctoberCountry posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1373777892992110592

Satin's a week away from tweeting about hanging out in hipster coffee shops filled with smarks whispering amongst each other about Vince's fantastic booking

Crucially his barber hadn't actually watched again.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i went to arbys today and the cashier saw my pretty peter avalon shirt and said "isn't that the new wrestling show that had Shaq on? I've gotta check out taht show that airs on wednesday nights at 8/7 central on TNT." and then the other customers began chattering about it, and i heard one customer who was particularly excited about the meat man, john silver.

And the name of that John Silver? Albert Einstein.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

JOHN CENA posted:

it is rly funny and indicative of what a horrible environment wwe is when you look at reactions to releases 15 years ago vs today. back then it was a lot of worry, what are they gonna do for income, etc now everyone celebrates when they're released and immediately reinvigorates their creativity and drive, launch their own stores and new gimmicks, etc.

Someone (I think Meltzer but I could be wrong) said a couple of months ago that one of the ways the wrestling business is weird right now is that while WWE is doing the worst viewership it's done in years, wrestling outside of WWE is actually in a boom. There are so many places to make a living and so many ways for performers to connect with an audience.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Remember when ol musky claimed the windows were unbreakable and someone just broke them instantly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwfaCpWe0zY

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Stay well meat man

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Britt is going to be maaadddd

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Correction: they still don't give a poo poo about them it's all actually, ironically, virtue signaling. Except the virtue is "I hate trans people."

It's a wedge issue, basically. They're trying to get otherwise socially liberal people to agree with them about trans people, and then use the arguments that worked there to generate support for rolling back lgbt rights etc.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I’m gonna try to make a point, and excuse me if I stumble over any words or phrases, please do call me out if my language is wrong in some way, but:

It also seems lowkey sexist to assume that trans athletes are immediately going to be better than athletes whose gender was assigned at birth?
Like, I’m male assigned at birth. In some world where I decide to transition and decide to get into sports, I’d still loving suck because I have no coordination or athletic prowess. People who transition aren’t just doing it to win loving sports records. I know I know it’s all just ACTUAL virtue signaling from the right to scare soccer moms and dads to get them onboard with their oppressive ideas. It just doesn’t make sense if you actually think about it for two minutes.

There's definitely a thing in the UK (because the British Isles is a rainy transphobia archipelago) where you get "gender critical" people essentially making the crux of their argument that women are weak and small.

EDIT: new page and I'm mid digression so here's some Chuckie T content.

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1374572147813847052

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 26, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

screenshot of the tweet

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

remember when there was a trans boy who wanted to be on his high school wrestling team, and a bunch of chuds completely picked it up wrong and accidentally made perfectly correct statements like “HE has no place wrestling girls and should have to wrestle OTHER MEN”

I remember when Abi Thorn from PhilosophyTube transitioned she got a number of emails from "gender critical" dumbasses that said "You don't fool us. You're a woman and you always will be."

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Andrade's been in New Japan before

And won heavyweight titles there, so they couldn't put him in the juniors division.

He'd have a hell of a G1 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm still having a hard time parsing what he's actually saying there.

He's saying there are people with Buck Derangement Syndrome.