Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

I’ve never seen Maki Itoh do anything and I’m sure she’s a nice person and all, but all this talk of simps and what not generally makes me think she sucks.

It’s just that thing on the internet where if something is remotely good people have to outdo every other fan by talking about how amazing it is in increasingly outlandish ways.

She’s entertaining and decent in the ring is the level headed take you’re looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I would be all for Nick Aldis going to WWE so I never have to see him ever again.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The forbidden portal equivalent of one of those lovely black curtain deals set up for entrances in the corner of every bingo hall indie.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Figuarts did some pretty nice WWE figures

The Super7 figures probably look better in hand, their stuff is generally very good so I’m going to withhold judgement until my own Okada arrives. They’re late as gently caress though, I preordered it on the 4th of January 2020 :eyepop:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Door escapes in cage matches are absolute boring bullshit 100% of the time and I’ll die on this hill.

Don’t give me that “it’s because the cage is to stop the cowardly heel running away so a face climbing over the side makes no sense” poo poo, the entire point should be that in order to win you have to beat the other guy so badly that he can’t stop you from climbing out of the cage.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

I've always hated the escape poo poo

A cage match is the blowoff to a really heated feud where the wrestlers want to kill each other and you win by... fleeing? Lame

Only the heel is fleeing. The face is beating the piss out of the heel to the point that they’ve finished the job so thoroughly that the only thing left to do is walk away, like when the hero doesn’t look back at the exploding building at the end of any given action movie.

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm on team climb out of the cage. In fact, that should be the ONLY way to win. No pinfall or DQ or going out the door. You gotta go over the top.

:hmmyes:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

New Jack clearly joins the dark order because 10 needs a new connect.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WoW Goblins do the dance to his one big hit as their /dance emote.

There is no /RKO emote.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Looks like he got away from his #speakingout accusations completely unscathed then. Probably should have just fired him during lockdown instead like they did to a bunch of people who deserved a job way more due to not being alleged abusers.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Waiting for “R is for Ridiculous that all you marks bought any of that” and his imminent main event push.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vince would absolutely see your wife (?) being more over than you as you being a weak little baby beta male.

It doesn’t matter that he’s the guy who made that happen.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

In that case, they'll release him one day before his contract runs out so he still gets hit with the 90-day no-compete clause.

I imagine it’s more like “end of contract date or 90 days from release whichever comes first” because that would be extra insane otherwise, even for WWE/America’s crazy employment rules.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

I'm sure there's people who got jabs then died. Just like there's people who watched an Austin Aries match then died.

Id be willing to bet more people have died some time after watching an Austin Aries match than have died after getting a covid shot.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

Why?

I mean it was obviously Cult thinking. Isolate, and encourage complete dependence on the WWE machine.

But what was their stated reason for saying to an immigrant "Don't hang out with people with whom you share a language and a culture, it's bad."

Presumably so they felt even more isolated only being around people they share a second language with, and depending on how good their English is it might be even more isolating.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dangerous Person posted:

Genuinely don't know what that dude was trying to convey with the shirtless pic

Part of me wants to be charitable and read it as “I’m not embarrassed about that photo and here’s an even worse one” but the parting shot kind of ruins that theory.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

the escape goat posted:

https://twitter.com/kikutarochan/status/1378695720912314369?s=20

I respect a wrestler's hustle to turn anything into a t-shirt.

Looks like Kikutaro was deported for work visa issues?

I read somewhere he claimed he was trying to enter the US on a visa waiver to end a lease on a house he’d been living in because his work visa expired and he wasn’t planning to stay anymore, and they stopped him in Hawaii and kept him a couple days before sending him hone.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t even know what’s going on in it other than the Danhausen cameo because it’s labelled.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Aren’t all covid vaccines free or is there some special American one that people are having to pay for like everything else

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ok that makes more sense. We’re doing the same thing here (UK) so it’s old people and vulnerable first while the rest of us sit tight so the short supply is obvious, it just struck me as weird to feel the need to specify they were free.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is that a really ugly pattern on his suit or rain spatter

Edit: it’s raining on mania but probably not enough to cancel it. What a lovely first time back.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 10, 2021

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Danhausen’s voice puts me off, to be honest. It reminds me of awkward theatre nerds being ‘wacky’ but in the bad way rather than the way he’s aiming for I guess.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Only if you don’t count almost every 15 year old backyarder in the history of backyards.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sadly I can’t want Mickie James to go anywhere near AEW lest her lovely husband be summoned into existence on my TV alongside her somehow.

The working relationship around the NWA women’s title is already too close for comfort.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

gently caress gonna have to keep my eye out for that

I would also like to see it but I’ve seen it posted a couple of places and so far no bastard will specify where it actually is, apparently feeling as though “it’s in Bristol” is enough to narrow it down.

Edit: Gas Lane, in St Phillips apparently. Bit out of the way for me especially in Covid times, what a tragedy.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 26, 2021

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Actually new metalocalypse is cool and good.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just noticed the picture on the wall behind him is crooked and it’s killing me

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s all the blue chew their podcasts score for them

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is Ricochet currently a heel so he can at least claim later on that he’s just working the marks, or is he actually just so loving stupid as to have been drawn into a playground level “I’m better than that other professional in my industry” pissing match with no other possible out?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Memnaelar posted:

F that. I don't need him making an Arquette out of my man Jon.

I feel like if anyone is going to not freak out and get themselves stabbed in the neck during a deathmatch it’s Moxley, not sure this is a valid concern.

Beaten, but come on.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Does he monetise the YouTube channel?

Idgaf either way because I’m not a copyright cop, but if he does then losing the channel is losing £££

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’d guess WWE looking at it from a “person/persons involved just got let go so maybe people are more comfortable talking about it” now angle, given the timing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The titties in question were Big E’s if I’m remembering the story rightly.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/roman-reigns-the-sheild-ambrose-titty-master/

quote:

Finally, and most importantly, Roman told the story of how Dean Ambrose became the legendary “Titty Master.”

“It originated on our second European tour. It had Big E involved as well. Big E is a big guy. Uh, a big chest on that guy there. Ambrose was wrestling him a bit during that European tour, so, it just became he’s the titty master. Dean was the master of the ring with Big E, so, uh…”

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

How the heck is the only website that gathers and posts these ratings somehow making 0 profit doing it?

Presumably the industry people who actually need them already get them somewhere else, so the real question is how did what seems to basically just be a fan site for tv ratings geeks stay alive so long if it costs so much to run?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

explosivo posted:

Wait so that big chart of ratings we always see has just been some rando website putting it together every week?

It was founded by some ex tv execs, and their company twitter has like 2k followers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/showbuzzdaily

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No she’s talking about how perfectly the spot went on Twitter so :shrug:

I love ridiculous indie bullshit violence but that wasn’t impressive enough to warrant doing it. Maybe if she’d hit dead centre and they’d put a little more barbed wire on it rather than the absolute minimum to qualify it as a “barbed wire crucifix”

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Don’t get me wrong it’s definitely safer than it looks and it’s very funny that people are mad about it, but it’s a pretty mediocre spot.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This exact same thing happened last year except with a bunch of fake legal documents posted at the same time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Curious that Jade would attend a party for the woman she hates :thunkher:

Notice how the cake is intact in every photo?

These are just the before pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s probably doing the same thing he did with EC3 where he’s kayfabing the gently caress out of it to build something.

It’s hitting all the same notes.