Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
If you use your phone exclusively for audio and have it on a holder all the time there are a lot of stand alone Bluetooth controllers out there.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/ci2735-marine-bluetooth-controllers-kits.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Yeah that would do it, were the battery terminals disconnected?

I totally understand the desire to hide a modern looking stereo. I'm trying to keep my interior as minimalist as possible and it's especially hard to find a place for the head unit if your interior looks like this:

Stand alone Bluetooth controllers will work with your phone or Bluetooth enabled amp, it just provides a physical knob/pad that you can mount.

I'm planning on mounting my phone to use as a display for track info and navigation. There are quite a few marine and UTV remote displays that are smaller and slimmer than traditional DIN sized units, although now the digital only ones are only a couple inches deep.

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 9, 2021

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

PainterofCrap posted:

No...they were not. Forgot all about it. All the 55+ stuff works fine...

Is that your ‘65 Mini?

At least you know now :science:

Mine's a later MK3, I'm trying to emulate the early interior though.

Great work, the satisfaction you get from nice, clean reassembly almost makes up for all the drudgery that leads up to it.