Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

bike shed bike shed bike shed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Do what the previous owner of my weird offgrid house did and have an extension cable tied into the breaker box, spliced into another cable then zip tied to the metal carport frame, across the carport roof supported every few feet by duct tape, down one of the poles and into some conduit he made up out of water pipe, down the hill, across the path (double up on the "conduit" here, duct tape for the 90 degree corner where the conduit where it goes across the step and 20 years of foot traffic wore the shielding off the cable), and into the shed, where it'll run the loving grey water pump as well as the shed lights and about 20 "outlets" that are just power boards he spliced in and panelled over with interior "walls".

I mean, if it didn't start a fire or anything for the 20 years it was like that for...

That sounds significantly worse than mine. PO of my house ran an extension cord out the dryer vent hole, plugged the dryer vent hole with insulation, ran the cable thru some sort of metal conduit above ground, to a pair of outlets inside the shed out back.

I wanted a working dryer so I cut the cord and removed the insulation, when I need to run a power tool in the shed I run an extension cord from the exterior outlets.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Shelvocke posted:

I was thinking OSB for the floor but now I think it's a bad idea?

To be fair it would be desirable for an arsonist

mewse
May 2, 2006

Did you get the paperwork eventually? Here in Canada it's not advisable to restore a bike without a title in hand unless making a track bike or something.