Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Its been nearly 24 years and this game still has its claws in me.

Amazing work by you 3 madlads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010
Oh god... should I try for another playthrough? Should I? It reads so juicy.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Dooooo iiiiittttttt

Then faceplant into the uber bosses! Or not! I have no idea if they'll stand up to the power creep on offer! I may possibly have gone overboard!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Grundulum posted:

Edit: and is there a single player option for us misanthropes?

Just wanted to address this. The mod is fully playable in SP if you prefer that experience, so for anyone wanting to play this cooked-rear end fork of ES in singleplayer then feel free to give it a whirl. Just keep an eye on the Discord as bugfixes will be coming fairly regularly, as I'm just one incredibly dumb, time-starved idiot and some/many/all of the things added might/probably/definitely needs tweaking.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jan 18, 2024

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
You son of a bitch, I'm in! Thanks for all the new content.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Un loving real good job you crazy kids

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

loving incredible work, folks. You all deserve way more credit than you get.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I played Eastern Sun many years ago and this makes me want to rejoin.

Good job on all the new additions and fixes

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
Garfu won’t let me leave. I just bought starsector but he said I have to play eastern sun and now I’m level 94 help.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
If you experienced golems during the first day of launch, congrats, I bet that was fun. Here are the (server-side) patch notes for today:
code:
Golems got nerfed hard. Looking into gear progression for them instead of being able to clear the entire vanilla (pre-map) D2ES experience with 0 gear in one hour
Malah now sells ring/amulet contracts again - For those not in the know, this means you don't need to gamblebot for ring or amulet points anymore once you reach A5H (unless you're gambling for set amulets for jewel points of course)
Decal stocker removed from gheed since it doesn't do anything anymore
Quivers can be used by all classes again, which means bows can be used by all classes again (yw astryl)
Blizzard can be set to left click, will look into making most things left click settable (yw astryl)
High level mobs were dropping Tinkerer's Dream which was unintended, that's been fixed.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

thank you to HKR for dropping this in the SAD good threads thread. Haven't played D2 in two decades but as soon as I heard that deeeeee doo doo DUNT DUNT I was back in my friend Jeff's basement in junior high. Got d2gl and everything is so crisp. Can't wait to really dig in.

Never played Eastern Sun before though. Is there a recommended class that's easier to start with to get my feet wet in the lategame, or is everything pretty much good to go?

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

thank you to HKR for dropping this in the SAD good threads thread. Haven't played D2 in two decades but as soon as I heard that deeeeee doo doo DUNT DUNT I was back in my friend Jeff's basement in junior high. Got d2gl and everything is so crisp. Can't wait to really dig in.

Never played Eastern Sun before though. Is there a recommended class that's easier to start with to get my feet wet in the lategame, or is everything pretty much good to go?

Everything's good, but play litbarb.

Also, join the discord because you're going to have questions.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Haha, my first thought on seeing the patch notes was "golem changes seem fun, i should build a golemancer (when i eventually have time to play this)"

:rip:

Every class has at least a couple viable builds but the classic "best" build in ES is the lightning barbarian. not sure whether that calculus is changed by the new patch. I'd also recommend cold blast assassin and windy druid as straightforward, powerful builds.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

DontMockMySmock posted:

Every class has at least a couple viable builds but the classic "best" build in ES is the lightning barbarian. not sure whether that calculus is changed by the new patch. I'd also recommend cold blast assassin and windy druid as straightforward, powerful builds.
Due to melee splash and a lot of the changes there are like 200 viable builds now with thunder barb likely not even being the best anymore (not nerfed, but everything else buffed, end end game is crazy hard now). Woot

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

hell yeah. I think the last few ARPGs I've played I've used mage/wizard-equivalents so a barb sounds like a fun jumping off point until I know what I'm doing. I'll hit up the discord this weekend

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Golemmancer was "moon walk through p8 nihl domain with minimal gear" levels of power. Need to have that gearing up phase else it's just not fun.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

I think the last few ARPGs I've played I've used mage/wizard-equivalents so a barb sounds like a fun jumping off point

Nobody tell them.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

These changes look awesome, and the new endgame Assassin claws seem absolutely cracked.

Is it possible to swap characters from MP to SP? I want to play MP to help out people/ask for help/goof around, but with real life commitments it's going to take me weeks to get to the levels most folks on the server will get to in days. I'd love to be able to swap my characters to SP mode if/when the ladder resets so I can keep screwing around at my own pace.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
Is it normal to not be able to cube ores or the noob charm? Nothing seems to happen. I noticed the decal stocker doesn't work either, but it looks like that was mentioned.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Praxis Prion posted:

Is it normal to not be able to cube ores or the noob charm? Nothing seems to happen. I noticed the decal stocker doesn't work either, but it looks like that was mentioned.

Noob charm disabled to prevent horrible, terrible issues

Decals are out.

Ores no longer cube into notes, just empty and sell them.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Big Mad Drongo posted:

These changes look awesome, and the new endgame Assassin claws seem absolutely cracked.

Is it possible to swap characters from MP to SP? I want to play MP to help out people/ask for help/goof around, but with real life commitments it's going to take me weeks to get to the levels most folks on the server will get to in days. I'd love to be able to swap my characters to SP mode if/when the ladder resets so I can keep screwing around at my own pace.

Just play MP, there is no ladder reset. Usually we wait a year. You'll have all of the latest server side updates in MP as well.

We may eventually have a solution for publically hosting MP chars but the current editor is broken anyway so you can't switch between MP and SP anyway.

Downtime
Sep 25, 2009

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Work in progress. I have methods to convert between SP and MP, and convert between patch versions for our testing, but I need to tweak the process to account for the new item types so it doesn't corrupt the character.

I post an hourly dump of the MP characters here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/lcr3xb2abh40qyhwlyunt/h?rlkey=k15fkyotgbj9dveldko1waly0&dl=0

Once I have an easier way to convert between MP and SP I'll likely just have a script do that hourly too and post that as well.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

But play MP! We have kids and work and stuff!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

In that case, I'll definitely do MP again!

dopesilly
Aug 4, 2023
I love this. I used to host an Eastern Sun server for quite a few folks back in the day. Even got to the point where people were willing to buy stat respecs/skill resets to help support me maintaining the server. The ad caught my eye on SA haha. I'll probably check this out when I have some free time.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
One other question - I set compatibility for XP, and I'm able to use other mouse buttons, except for double click. Is there anyway to get this to work? It's painful during a respec clicking 2-300 times to add stats. Or is there a better way to do this? Thanks!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Praxis Prion posted:

One other question - I set compatibility for XP, and I'm able to use other mouse buttons, except for double click. Is there anyway to get this to work? It's painful during a respec clicking 2-300 times to add stats. Or is there a better way to do this? Thanks!

Hold shift to add all of them at once. So add whatever to wherever you need then dump the rest.

Alternatively you'd need to use an autoit/autohotkey script

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

The latest patch and RC found here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/tj6au6qwlgh2k9kyz6x3u/D2ESE-2.0-RC14.zip?rlkey=923wqvdc11yfmlqnsn7l46e0a&dl=0 and in the OP has re-enabled the unique charm conversion recipe [unique charm + key + any rejuv pot + multistocker = Maple] It's very useful early on and late game too! Free Maples! Just drop your current charm on the ground, pick up the new one, convert to maple, then pick your current charm back up.

Don't need to download the RC or patch for stuff to work on the realm but if you're playing SP (for some reason???) you'll want it.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I think the Discord invite has broken/expired nevermind!

Pentecoastal Elites fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 23, 2024

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

It is a permanent link and should not be broken or expired, hmm

https://discord.gg/aMus7Rx still works fine for me. Please let me know if it's not working!

Garfu fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 23, 2024

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Garfu posted:

It is a permanent link and should not be broken or expired, hmm

https://discord.gg/aMus7Rx still works fine for me. Please let me know if it's not working!

Doesn't work on my phone, but when I tried it with the desktop app it worked fine. Bizarre. Must be an issue on my end, sorry about that!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

We had a couple HC chars go into mapping tongiht. It's loving awesome. Get in on this.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im thriled and impressed that the loving around in the files that you started doing like half (?) a year ago resulted in all this, but its also time for me to put this game on the shelf for good. I don’t have time to get addicted to this again 😮‍💨

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

Im thriled and impressed that the loving around in the files that you started doing like half (?) a year ago resulted in all this, but its also time for me to put this game on the shelf for good. I don’t have time to get addicted to this again 😮‍💨

No plz come back it's amazing. Downtime with 45k HP in HC got instachunked down to 17k in a t2 map. We are having fun.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

If you have in your possession one of the new t1 unique claws item code 5qd you need to remove them from your character before around midnight tonight. There is a bug that needs to be fixed and if you are in possession of the claws your character will become corrupt and we can't recover it. This is a public service announcement.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 25, 2024

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Sorry for the triple post but I kinda feel like I need to keep the thread updated when patches drop soooo...

See the realm announcements in discord for the latest patch and other info. If you're already to maps the patch is required.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
edit: moved to discord tech-support

Praxis Prion fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 25, 2024

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Latest patch in RC16 and linked in discord is required in maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keisari
May 24, 2011

I am interested. I can't seem to find a place where all skills are listed? I really like zookeeper necromancer and wonder if that's still possible. (Lots of minions)