Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

gently caress Dixie Carter also for screwing her over on medical bills.

100% agreed. There was a time where Dixie was absolutely giving Vince a run for his money in the "wrestling fed owner is a lovely human being" stakes, and the Daffney injuries are definitely a huge part of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Who was it that booked the spot that ended her career? That was scummy on the whole company’s part.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Who was it that booked the spot that ended her career? That was scummy on the whole company’s part.

Terry Taylor, if its the spot I'm thinking of

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Alaois posted:

Terry Taylor, if its the spot I'm thinking of

Russo did a lot of damage too, as he pressured her into a few spots that gave her concussions.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Booked into a dangerous spot that wasn't even necessary, considering the camera crew didn't even deign to film it, which ended her career with long-term health and financial ramifications because the company decides only white men deserve any sort of medical coverage.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

edogawa rando posted:

Booked into a dangerous spot that wasn't even necessary, considering the camera crew didn't even deign to film it, which ended her career with long-term health and financial ramifications because the company decides only white men deserve any sort of medical coverage.

And sometimes not even them!

I honestly forget what the spot even was, I just remember that as described it wasn’t even an unfortunate accident so much as a directly foreseeable outcome.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CombineThresher posted:

Russo did a lot of damage too, as he pressured her into a few spots that gave her concussions.

i gagged when he did his in memorial to Daffney and I just hope the comments are eviscerating him

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Maxwell Lord posted:

I honestly forget what the spot even was, I just remember that as described it wasn’t even an unfortunate accident so much as a directly foreseeable outcome.

IIRC it was a sit down splash type move from a green as hell large woman.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Maxwell Lord posted:

There are two awful spots I can remember her going through in TNA, the table full of tacks spot and the Rosie Lottalove splash which I think might be the one that led to the end of her career?

gently caress TNA for what they put her through. It's absolutely disgusting.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

IIRC it was a sit down splash type move from a green as hell large woman.

That was one of Bubba Dudley's trainees and he cold shouldered Daffney after that match because he didn't think she did enough to make the match work.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bubba is a huge peice of poo poo.

Dixie Carter, Russo and everyone that hosed her over can rot in piss.

I just remembered that Dixie also hosed over Jesse Sorenson

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

This

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Agreed

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 3, 2021

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I always wondered if Nikki in her Sanity days was paying an homage to Daffney. :smith:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ARMBAR A COP posted:

bartok
May 10, 2006

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I just remembered that Dixie also hosed over Jesse Sorenson

I remember Dixie talking about how Jesse was like a son to her after the backlash TNA received for not helping with his medical expenses. They also hosed over DJZ when he got injured and had to turn to crowdfunding for his medical expenses.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This hit me a lot harder than I was expecting it to. I've dealt with mental health issues my whole life, and while I'm in a really good place these days I still feel a deep connection when someone is having trouble like this. RIP to a great one.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

bartok posted:

I remember Dixie talking about how Jesse was like a son to her after the backlash TNA received for not helping with his medical expenses

She said this to his actual mother not long before screwing him over. She's a real piece of poo poo

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/HighspotsWN/status/1433835455028600834?s=20

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Thanks for sharing this. Any idea what year it's from?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Thanks for sharing this. Any idea what year it's from?
2013 was the teaser they posted on youtube. She opened an onlyfans last year and a friend said it was the most depressing thing he's ever seen because she'd just get blackout drunk and talk about her health issues. Wish people had tried to help her back then if that was the case.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What was up with the thing about first responders not being able to get into the property at first because they had to wait for permission? If it's a literal life or death situation, and they're stopped by red tape or the fear of potential lawsuits from a property owner, that seems to highlight a much larger systemic issue surrounding the value of human life.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

sticklefifer posted:

What was up with the thing about first responders not being able to get into the property at first because they had to wait for permission? If it's a literal life or death situation, and they're stopped by red tape or the fear of potential lawsuits from a property owner, that seems to highlight a much larger systemic issue surrounding the value of human life.

Capitalist societies always value money over human life. This isn't a surprise.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ShaneHelmsCom/status/1433526037024022528

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SMUheavyweight/status/1434574512390029312?s=20

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

In the US, a lot of people have to refuse emergency treatment because they can't afford the ambulance ride or ER visit. In other words,

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Capitalist societies always value money over human life. This isn't a surprise.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/roylucier/status/1440516129059794950
https://twitter.com/HistoryJuan/status/1440509988762386434

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 22, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Last Christmas, I went to one of the ZERO1 money mark shows where wealthy fans could pay to have their favourite wrestlers or legends on the card and part of it was a singing contest between Cutie Suzuki and Rumi Kazama. Suzuki showed up in a nice dress and sang a song, then Rumi came out in a full on costume and had a fully choreographed dance routine to go along with her song. It was really striking how much effort she'd put into this thing. I was really shocked seeing the news this morning.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1442607645311967232?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Reggie Parks, "The King of Belts", passed away.

He was a territorial wrestler, who one time won a regional tag team, got tired of lugging around the trophy used to represent the title. So he crafted a set of belts for him and his partner. The story goes that they were to have a match with the World Tag Team champions, but when the champions, whose belts were wooden plaques on a strap, saw the craftsmanship Parks had put into metal and leather belts he wore, they refused to have the match if Parks and his partner wore their belts to the ring. After that night, a new career in wrestling was born for Parks, and he became the leading person in wrestling who created title belts.

The classic Intercontinental title that's a timeless today as it was when it was introduced 35 years ago. The WWF Winged Eagle Belt is also another one of his.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Davros1 posted:

He was a territorial wrestler, who one time won a regional tag team, got tired of lugging around the trophy used to represent the title. So he crafted a set of belts for him and his partner. The story goes that they were to have a match with the World Tag Team champions, but when the champions, whose belts were wooden plaques on a strap, saw the craftsmanship Parks had put into metal and leather belts he wore, they refused to have the match if Parks and his partner wore their belts to the ring. After that night, a new career in wrestling was born for Parks, and he became the leading person in wrestling who created title belts.

The classic Intercontinental title that's a timeless today as it was when it was introduced 35 years ago. The WWF Winged Eagle Belt is also another one of his.

oh man there's a name I haven't heard in a loooong time, Rest In Peace Reggie

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

drat, I've always loved Reggie Parks' work but never heard that story.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

In addition to his other accolades, Reg Parks is also the lynchpin for a hilarious phone prank Owen Hart played on his dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdUKjsWFAtM

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Thread for many of the belts Reggie made

https://twitter.com/HeyHeyItsConrad/status/1446321641131237376?s=20

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
long time japanese hardcore indy wrestler bad boy hido passed away. he had a njpw run that involved one of kishin liger's appearances

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1451100093369643009

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wow, that is way too young.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/luchalibreonlin/status/1452323436588642315?s=20

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
RIP, I remember watching the tv match where his brother, Oro, got injured and passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/gregmep/status/1457033283997478921?s=20