Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Zero One posted:

Aww she got her Brad Pitt time.

That was nice he took her arm. I was wondering why he wasn’t hugging her then realized oh yeah pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

My Face When posted:

I believe in the hype of In The Heights.

I really liked the play but I saw it knowing nothing about the story and it was before Lin Manuel Miranda fatigue was at crisis levels.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Lid posted:

At least our play hell is Hamilton and we dont have to pretend to have been bog into the 90s and our defining play is Rent.

If I saw Hamilton without hype and it exited theaters a week later it would have been ok. It’s fine, not Nytimes review telling people to sell all their possessions to see it good, but alright. Gah just remembered Judge John Hodgman sentencing someone to see it again during peak ticket prices because he didn’t think they were paying enough attention :negative:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

mcmagic posted:

You know what is cool about this Oscars? No boring musical performances.

Oh yeah the Queen stuff was not great, did not need to hear We Will Rock You for the millionth time. Or a decades late Lose Yourself.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Imagining this guy becoming the new face for “talk to the audience? Oh god this is always death”

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Bah I wanted Minari.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Chuka Umana posted:

Nomadland is the next Crash

that movie is run on the creator's farts

I skipped it mostly because I didn’t care for Three Billboards and it seemed like more of that.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

General Dog posted:

I honestly thought the big push would be to get him supporting for Da 5 Bloods

he was good in that but man did not care for the film. I thought it was going to be about how both the soldiers and the Vietnamese would find common ground as they figure out they were both victims of the war. Instead it goes an hour too long and ends with the Americans non-ironically mowing down more Vietnamese.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

True but to be fair they had very little to work with this year. Minari was the only film I wanted to see win big and I guess Soul. Although I want to see Sound of Metal now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Pedro De Heredia posted:

To be fair, people didn't just think Hopkins was "really good." Lots of people think it's his best performance ever. I think it connected really deeply with a lot of people.

I haven’t seen The Father yet but I was impressed how he gave serious effort in Westworld season 1. I thought he’d be phoning it in like for Thor or Red 2.