Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
*Reads that bad post*

*goes to see if this poster has an awful rap sheet*

Aha now it makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Stop

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Basebf555 posted:

You're talking about two(or I guess technically three) of the absolute best American filmmakers we've ever seen. Their entire filmography is a Murderers Row of movie making so naming other great stuff they've done doesn't really make the argument that There Will Be Blood or No Country For Old Men don't hold up.

Yeah like neither of those are my favorite PTA or Coens movie but I can’t deny that those films at that moment in time felt very special and maybe it’s personal perspective (I’m 30 now so 2007 was me just starting to watch important “film”) but 2007 absolutely seems like a significant year in film.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Another good Miami Vice piece is this podcast episode. It's a very good movie. I like the director's cut, which doesn't make a ton of changes but which does some interesting stuff. I agree with everyone that the opening in the club is much better, and the director's cut loses that, so I wouldn't watch it my first time seeing the movie, but afterwards I'm a fan.

Blank Check is my favorite podcast!!!!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Also, since this is the thread for awards shows, it probably bears mentioning that 2007 was one of the only years that decade where the Best Picture winner wasn’t a piece of poo poo.

This is a good point, and felt like long-overdue validation for the Coen Bros, who had had a bumpy early-2000s run.