Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Tenet was a giant ball of nonsense, but it sure was cool-looking nonsense, so that's an okay Oscar to be the only thing it wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
"I'm luckier than you" for greatest acceptance quote?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

So were they running 20 minutes ahead or...

also how did Questlove direct that movie? It looked like it was all documentary footage.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 26, 2021

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Docs made of archival footage still have directors.
Do they really? I'm genuinely curious how that counts.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Someone has to collect that footage and structure it into a film.
But isn't that editing?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

My Face When posted:

Do you consider the Peter Jackson WWI film a documentary?
But it's weird to talk about him directing that, too. At least to me -- it's not like he told those guys what to do.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Good God, I know COVID plus the extra long time since the last Oscars, but good God that was a lot of people.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Teddybear posted:

In Memoriam gonna get pulled over for speeding.
Look man, this is a tight three hours, there just wasn't any time to squeeze out of the schedule

Oscars Trivia needed those ten minutes, it was crucial

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Maybe Hollywood as a whole can quit it on this relentless "watching movies streaming is somehow Lesser" nonsense at least until movie theaters aren't literal deathtraps again?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Viola was the favorite and Mulligan was the dark horse, this is a travesty.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm behind but I looked at the spoilers and :stare:

what the gently caress were the voters doing for these last two awards?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Hey assholes you don't actually get another chance to give Boseman an Oscar ever, that is what being dead means

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Darko posted:

His best performance was being James Brown and nobody really noticed that. He just didn't have that much of a body of work for people to recognize and wasn't part of a major cultural huge movie that year like Ledger.
Ledger still doesn't win that Oscar if he's alive, though. There is such thing as a "oh poo poo you died" vote and Hopkins already had one. The voters knew what they were supposed to do.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

How racist do you gotta be to catch a probe in c/d, because give him credit, he's certainly playing it subtle.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Also in a year when people of color were favored in every acting category, balking and handing it to the oldest, whitest people nominated in both the mains is not a great look.

My Face When posted:

What is Zhao directing in the MCU?
The Eternals, currently due out in... September I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

My Face When posted:

Oh! I am actually looking forward to that one and i really hope Zhao will pull it off.
It's a hell of a swing considering Marvel's never made the Eternals work in the comics, but I am not betting against the "hey here's a CGI raccoon and tree and their D-list buddies, they are your favorite characters now" studio.