Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

My Face When posted:

I dont think hes put in anything thought provoking since...munich?

The cinematography makes it look dramatically different, and if it even approaches the energy of the play, it's gonna be better. I was super amazed when seeing the difference between the play and the movie, and I dont even like the movie now because it's so flat even though I loved it growing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Harrison Ford looks way more out of it than Sean Connery did in The Last Crusade lol

Well, hes 20 years older than Connery was in Last Crusade.

He was older than Sean in Crystal Skull.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

My Face When posted:

I believe in the hype of In The Heights.

The play was pretty good. I thought I was going to hate it before seeing it and was like "who is this Lin Manuel guy, its gonna be crap."

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

Hahaha, I was sure someone was going to have a bad take on Perry being legit a pretty decent dude.

He doesn't hate cops, so found a flaw besides him making billions exploiting and feeding into the worst of Southern black culture for profit.

Hes a pretty good dude otherwise though.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

mcmagic posted:

You know what is cool about this Oscars? No boring musical performances.

Musical performances are generally my favorite part since they tend to be unique renditions of songs. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Hey assholes you don't actually get another chance to give Boseman an Oscar ever, that is what being dead means

His best performance was being James Brown and nobody really noticed that. He just didn't have that much of a body of work for people to recognize and wasn't part of a major cultural huge movie that year like Ledger.