Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Woke means litter boxes in schools and people that hurt my feelings very indirectly. Have I met any? Well, no... but they're a problem let me tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

credburn posted:

That's an arrowhead you dorks

lmao no it’s not you virgin

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Rockman Reserve posted:

That's definitely an arrowhead from the Menominee tribe and

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

If your coworker complains about woke things just feign ignorance and ask them to explain what woke means. Gets me out of so many rants.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Rockman Reserve posted:

lmfao

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Get a load of this guy not respecting native people

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

lol at anyone being unfamiliar enough with credburn to think they were joking

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
So you’re honestly not afraid of Jehovah’s Witnesses selling you into sex slavery? You’re braver than I.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

It's so wild to me that this person is worried about sex trafficking when there's a lot of other reasons to be worried about the kind of crazy that would ask you to bible study unprompted stalking you.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh, honey, no one wants to sex traffic you.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

TBF all these disgusting cults do end up having a sex abuse component

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
She's too paranoid, it was just some run of the mill gangstalking

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

TBF all these disgusting cults do end up having a sex abuse component

I was going to make a crack about "cults" meaning protestants in general in the US, then I remembered all the Catholic pedophilia scandals.

I don't want to go all reddit atheist and say Christianity is the only real evil- frankly, bad actors will abuse any structure they can for power. But like, you don't have to make it so easy for them.

:smith:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
organized religion that sets itself up as basically a religious corporation is pretty evil tho, ngl. Because then instead of prioritizing being a center of spiritual guidance, the focus becomes about protecting the organization's reputation (and keeping money flowing in to support it) and welp, that's ripe fertilizer for corruption. Catholicism comes to mind....

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

can yall please post screenshots of the weird nextdoor posts instead of typing them out plaintext

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cactus Ghost posted:

can yall please post screenshots of the weird nextdoor posts instead of typing them out plaintext

av/post combo

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

StrangersInTheNight posted:

organized religion that sets itself up as basically a religious corporation is pretty evil tho, ngl. Because then instead of prioritizing being a center of spiritual guidance, the focus becomes about protecting the organization's reputation (and keeping money flowing in to support it) and welp, that's ripe fertilizer for corruption. Catholicism comes to mind....

‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎/

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

New job opportunity just dropped.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Actually, local temp companies would hire a guy to drive their van and pickup and drop-off workers over the term of a shift. He didn't work, just read the paper or a book all day. So, not so crazy?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'd draw a line between a company hiring someone to drive a company vehicle for the benefit of workers, and Dave Rando driving my personal vehicle and squatting in it all day while I work, but maybe that's just me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I remember years back I saw an ad for a service called Dial-A-Driver which was basically a designated driver for hire, who'd get dropped off and drive you home in your car when you're under the influence. It seemed to me like a neat idea, but on some thought I can see how logistically it'd probably end up not worth it.

Tarkus posted:

Actually, local temp companies would hire a guy to drive their van and pickup and drop-off workers over the term of a shift. He didn't work, just read the paper or a book all day. So, not so crazy?

And that on the other hand is definitely logistically sensible.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I remember years back I saw an ad for a service called Dial-A-Driver which was basically a designated driver for hire, who'd get dropped off and drive you home in your car when you're under the influence. It seemed to me like a neat idea, but on some thought I can see how logistically it'd probably end up not worth it.

Things designed to appeal to drunk people while drunk and convince them, while drunk, not to drive home don't have to be sensible. Sometimes a drunk guy won't want to take a taxi and leave his car behind, because then how will he get to work in the morning? He needs his car!

So instead he gets a "taxi" with 2 drivers, one of which drives his own car for him while the other follows behind. It doesn't even have to appeal to drunks, it can be advertised to the bars themselves who don't want to get into trouble by letting an obviously impaired person drive home.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

hawowanlawow posted:

av/post combo

thats right

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Things designed to appeal to drunk people while drunk and convince them, while drunk, not to drive home don't have to be sensible. Sometimes a drunk guy won't want to take a taxi and leave his car behind, because then how will he get to work in the morning? He needs his car!

So instead he gets a "taxi" with 2 drivers, one of which drives his own car for him while the other follows behind. It doesn't even have to appeal to drunks, it can be advertised to the bars themselves who don't want to get into trouble by letting an obviously impaired person drive home.

That's the thing, I think it makes a lot of sense! But I can see it raising more problems than it solves on the business end between things like insurance, operating someone else's car sight unseen (and whatever condition and state it's in) and being at least as expensive as a taxi service while employing twice as many people at a time.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A friend of mine's dad ran a service like that.

If it helps understand the logistics - this was in a very rural area where being able to find a taxi was already pretty tough - having to get a second taxi back to the bar the next morning to pick up your car would make it more expensive than having someone drive you back, and would have also made you late for work.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Nighthand posted:

I'd draw a line between a company hiring someone to drive a company vehicle for the benefit of workers, and Dave Rando driving my personal vehicle and squatting in it all day while I work, but maybe that's just me.

Maybe you shouldn't have lost your licence then!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Letting other people drive your car is a whole industry with valet and city parking. I'm the sure the insurance is a solved problem

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

it's solved by the driver's employer being bonded and insured, both of which can be expensive and neither of which I imagine Dave Rando is

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

When I spent some time in Japan, I found that this was a very common thing. You go out with friends and/or coworkers for drinks, and at the end of the night you call the service. They send out two drivers in a car, one drives you and your party home and the other follows you and picks up your driver. It wasn't expensive at all and was considered normal. Of course, Japan has (or had, this was twenty years ago) an absolute zero tolerance policy. If you were found to be driving while registering any alcohol at all in your system, you lose your license. Not getting in an accident, not being inebriated above a certain blood alcohol level, any alcohol at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a subsidized service, which would be smart.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
If you need your work van to do house calls, but have too many DUIs to drive yourself I guess it works. I'm guessing this guy could be cheaper than a helper who does other chores instead of draining my car battery listing to tunes all day.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Man my nextdoor is pretty chill, most of the posts are stuff like animal pics

of course I have seen occasional horrors, someone was asking for a good plumber to get rid of this

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Tunicate posted:

of course I have seen occasional horrors, someone was asking for a good plumber to get rid of this

I know nothing about plumbing and even I know that ain't good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tunicate posted:

Oh my

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Tunicate posted:

Aw, they didn't even bother to make a fun shape with the plumbing

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Tunicate posted:

This image has to be upside-down, right?
Even then it's awful, but if it's actually the right way up it's pure insanity to my non-plumber eyes.

Edit: oh my god, it isn't upside-down, I just saw the liquid streaks from the valves/taps.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I mean that's uh, clearly the underside of a sink, so while yeah it's insane if it WERE upside down it would be a million times more insane?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Chaos

What you aren't realizing is that it's nothing but a prop setup for a plumber to get incited into sex with MILFs. I've seen several documentaries on this

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 5, 2024

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

reignonyourparade posted:

I mean that's uh, clearly the underside of a sink, so while yeah it's insane if it WERE upside down it would be a million times more insane?

I just this moment saw the connection on the right, with the orange connector where the whole setup goes into the wall, and hopefully to some kind of outside drain.
Up until then it looked like the only outlet was upwards, which was horrifying to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tunicate posted:

If that was the result of a do-it-yourself attempt at installing a garbage disposal I'd be a little more sympathetic, but whatever inspired that monstrosity doesn't even include one.