Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Yeah no Yuta using a cursed speech megaphone was the reveal of what his CT actually was, unless its specifically stated in the text somewhere I don’t think he actually does need to eat something to use copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Doesn't he use it in JJK0?

Yeah, and the big confrontation with Geto happens after a school year where Yuta had plenty of time to learn the conditions to copy techniques and munch on hair/sip on blood from Inumaki.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

CharlestonJew posted:

Next chapter the US general that looks like Wario squares up to Sukuna

After first skimming the page I thought you meant the general auto insurance mascot. We're really just sending in rando characters from across all media after this guy, huh?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The theories on the wikis is that Yuta's CT is based on consuming something. It could be as simple as that, or slightly less simple in that friendlies can give him permission but to use an enemy's CT he needs a nibble. He uses Uro's technique after Rika eats her arm. However in the same fight he faces off with Ryu and uses the granite blast without eating his arm. Now in this case is it just that granite blast is easy to copy because its just a beam and not a complex CT? Or does it mean he doesn't need to actually eat them and he can copy a CT however he wants? Sukuna speculating on him eating the finger is basically confirmation that its eating related, which leads me to think facing off with Ryu in a beam battle is just that "shooting a CT beam does not need to be copied, Rika can just do it"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Yeah no Yuta using a cursed speech megaphone was the reveal of what his CT actually was, unless its specifically stated in the text somewhere I don’t think he actually does need to eat something to use copy.
I think the conditions for copy might have changed since the Rika that gave Yuta arguably his highest power output is not the same Shikigami that Yuta utilizes in the main series. Like how in JJ0 he summons a megaphone but in the present his body adopts the tattoos associated with cursed speech the exact mechanism of Copy was altered after freeing her soul. Having already copied Inumaki's ability he wouldn't necessarily need to refresh it by eating a part of him later on.

But Yuta didn't exactly leave it ambiguous when he announced to Sukuna that the two-faced specter never found his last finger right after using cleave on him.

Conspiratiorist posted:

If Sukuna was immune to punches he wouldn't be blocking them.

Also, yes, I trust the author to write characters and their narratives as if they existed beyond what's shown to the audience. Like, no poo poo?
I'm not saying Sukuna is immune to punching. I'm saying trying to punch him to death is both incredibly difficult and not exactly working all that well. Remember one of the first things Sukuna did when this phase of the battle kicked in was put two holes in Choso and punch higuruma so hard and far that even Yuji couldn't keep up.

Likewise, it's not like Gege isn't writing these characters to exist beyond the audience. But assuming Miguel was ever going to step up to Kenjaku when all evidence says he was waiting in Sukuna's region for his opportunity is being incredibly generous for what essentially amounts to yet another post I made just venting my frustration at the shoddy distribution of fighters.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just think it’s notable that Yuji got the first punch, Sukuna being distracted hasn’t really let him land hits before. It was also a light distraction in Sukuna just being surprised his blow was not as effective. I think Sukuna’s ability to guard is going down.
He's definitely getting worn down, I'm wondering if that's why his black flashes on Larue and Choso didn't kill them even if the latter blocked with blood.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ah, but he can't have eaten the finger because Roboco ate it. QED.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerkface posted:

The theories on the wikis is that Yuta's CT is based on consuming something. It could be as simple as that, or slightly less simple in that friendlies can give him permission but to use an enemy's CT he needs a nibble. He uses Uro's technique after Rika eats her arm. However in the same fight he faces off with Ryu and uses the granite blast without eating his arm. Now in this case is it just that granite blast is easy to copy because its just a beam and not a complex CT? Or does it mean he doesn't need to actually eat them and he can copy a CT however he wants? Sukuna speculating on him eating the finger is basically confirmation that its eating related, which leads me to think facing off with Ryu in a beam battle is just that "shooting a CT beam does not need to be copied, Rika can just do it"

He doesn’t copy granite blast. Rika was already capable of shooting blasts of Cursed Energy.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

CharlestonJew posted:

Next chapter the US general that looks like Wario squares up to Sukuna

Can't believe the american plot thread was leading up tp the CIA sorcerer hitting sukuna with the heart attack gun

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

First pages of 251, it's pretty explicitly indicated that they ate Sukuna's last finger

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
it was me, im sorry. i was a party and they were offering 'finger food' and it was right there, as if starting at me. so i ate it.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Tosk posted:

First pages of 251, it's pretty explicitly indicated that they ate Sukuna's last finger

It's Yuta saying it, not the omniscient narrator which means it could be a tactical lie. Convince Sukuna the finger is gone, or that if he "dies" he can possess Yuta when that's not in fact the case.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Sukuna starts losing his grip on Megumi's body and tries to shift to his last finger as he's aware Yuta is still alive. He winds up in Rika instead. Yuta looks at him smiling as he desummons the Shikigami and Sukuna is now gone forever.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Can't believe the american plot thread was leading up tp the CIA sorcerer hitting sukuna with the heart attack gun

It's time to find out if RCT can cure Havana Syndrome

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
if im being honest i want sukuna to win and will probably be kind of annoyed if hes defeated

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

if im being honest i want sukuna to win and will probably be kind of annoyed if hes defeated

He's going to get defeated, presumably by Yuji.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sukuna will lose before using his full power and Uruame will cry about it while Love Train plays in the background.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He cant ever be full power now that kaumutoke is gone. Whatever that thing did.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, hear me out.

Sukuna is defeated but he'll just keep coming back, so Yuji chops his body up and slowly eats it over a long period of time.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

He's going to get defeated, presumably by Yuji.

disappointing, unless its in a similar fashion to the final fight of “fire force”

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
yuji killing sukuna is destiny, but the forces that be (gege) hate yuji so much that i imagine things will be just as if not more miserable than if sukuna won.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I thought he hated Gojo

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
He hates Women

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

Sukuna starts losing his grip on Megumi's body and tries to shift to his last finger as he's aware Yuta is still alive. He winds up in Rika instead. Yuta looks at him smiling as he desummons the Shikigami and Sukuna is now gone forever.

I don't think it would work like that, if that was a the case they could have just had Yuta take care of it. The Finger is no doubt still intact in Rika.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, hear me out.

Sukuna is defeated but he'll just keep coming back, so Yuji chops his body up and slowly eats it over a long period of time.

lol i know what you're doing, but the protags have already been spending the entire series trying to pull off a variant of that plan

stuker fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 10, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Powerups and problem solving via cannibalism does seem to come up relatively more often in shonen stuff than I'd expect.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You cant introduce a character who's the all time iron chef of cooking humans and then have no one get eaten!!!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Yuji is going to do a black flash on top of a black flash or something and it's going to weaken Sukuna's hold on Megumi, but Megumi fell into such a pit of despair that he becomes the true king of curses. Yuji and Sukuna have to work together to defeat Cursed King Megumi. Sukuna ends up dying during this conflict and as Yuji and a dying Megumi reconcile after his curse's defeat they both agree that Sukuna was the coolest guy.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Honestly why isn't maki chopping up Sukuna piece by piece and having Yuji/Rika following behind like hungry dogs gobbling up the bits? Supposedly its harder to RCT if you dont have the limb so lets loving go, its an all you can eat buffet!!

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Jerkface posted:

Honestly why isn't maki chopping up Sukuna piece by piece and having Yuji/Rika following behind like hungry dogs gobbling up the bits? Supposedly its harder to RCT if you dont have the limb so lets loving go, its an all you can eat buffet!!

they finish this and it works, but now yuji is splitting time with both sukuna and megumi

it would give yuji a lot of time to try and cheer megumi up

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They've been cutting his hands off.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Schubalts posted:

They've been cutting his hands off.

But did anyone eat the hand? Yuji should be wearing a bib

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I don't think that necessarily applies here. Growing a limb from pure RCT is harder than re-attaching but we already saw Sukuna regen part of his body destroyed by Gojo's initial hollow purple. Even Higuruma was regrowing a whole arm pretty quickly so I think the point of Ryu pointing that out is to speak more for the average sorcerer capable of RCT. Not the prodigies like Sukuna or the freaks like Hakari.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jerkface posted:

But did anyone eat the hand? Yuji should be wearing a bib

Just imagining Yuji chomping down like Norm Macdonald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YNi11261So

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Powerups and problem solving via cannibalism does seem to come up relatively more often in shonen stuff than I'd expect.

Scallop Eyes posted:

He's 400 years old, from a time before vaccines, he should be dead from a cold already.

Something that has been underutilized is that there is Blood Manipulation, and while that CT is innately poisonous, Choso/Yuji could be using blood filled with various illnesses and poisons to hurt Sukuna.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Flair posted:

Something that has been underutilized is that there is Blood Manipulation, and while that CT is innately poisonous, Choso/Yuji could be using blood filled with various illnesses and poisons to hurt Sukuna.

Sukuna's the King of Curses and Also Deadly Poisons For Some Reason so that stuff wouldn't work on him

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Can rct cure an autoimmune disorder

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestonJew posted:

Sukuna's the King of Curses and Also Deadly Poisons For Some Reason so that stuff wouldn't work on him

To be exact Sukuna is a deadly poison. His fingers are normally lethal to humans. So Yuji eating them has given him immunity to others.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

mechamaru posted:

Can rct cure an autoimmune disorder

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Scallop Eyes posted:

He's 400 years old, from a time before vaccines, he should be dead from a cold already.

this isn't sukuna's 400 year old body though, this is megumi's*

*Obviously the zenin clan is anti vax, so this is a moot point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Someone oughta graft one of those spare Sukuna hands onto Todo, can't hurt to give it a shot, right