Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Someone oughta graft one of those spare Sukuna hands onto Todo, can't hurt to give it a shot, right

I'm pretty sure that would literally kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
get that one freak guy to turn it into one of those trash picker up claws

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Whatever happened to that twink's sword anyway

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Whatever happened to that twink's sword anyway

One piece esque side story of the sword running around a shibuya overrun with even bigger cursed spirits just trying to survive

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure that would literally kill him.

you've forgotten one crucial detail: he is the exception

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

this isn't sukuna's 400 year old body though, this is megumi's*

*Obviously the zenin clan is anti vax, so this is a moot point

Also he’s over a thousand.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://x.com/Go_Jover/status/1780300901460386252

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

the next reply with deadpool shows that 4th wall breaking characters get to have the most fun when referencing stuff.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can't believe Superman let Sukuna nah I'd win Gojo with his overwhelming intensity

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Super man is weak to magic so I do think he Sukuna would win ez

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/MugenKampaWorks/status/1780593526063178202

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It bugs me how in the Miles version you can't really tell how the foot is impacting the guy's head. The speed-lines almost make it look like it's coming from the opposite direction as Yuuji's kick.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
miles do the black (spider-man) flash

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's peak again

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
I see Sukuna still isn't really trying.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's peak again

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

It's peak again

e: here we go https://imgur.com/a/psd14wq

e2: i'm not sure if they've shown up previously but i love the dashed line CTRL+X thing dismantle has going on in this chapter. also wtf did that mean yuji can use dismantle?

e3: given the revelations at the start of this chapter, i think it may be a poor idea for sukuna to gently caress yuji's face up in a specific inversion of how sukuna's own is covered

stuker fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 18, 2024

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

stuker posted:

e2: i'm not sure if they've shown up previously but i love the dashed line CTRL+X thing dismantle has going on in this chapter. also wtf did that mean yuji can use dismantle?

yeah this seems like explicitly yuji's take on it, he visualizes it like a cut or crop tool on a computer. should wait for better translation to speculate further but the leaks suggest that sukuna's thinking about how the CTs can vary according to the user, and the visuals seem to suggest that rather than throwing slashes, yuji's placing them in things he touches.

personally for the first time in a while this is the first time i've been able to follow clearly from visuals alone and that alone has me very excited. the cycle continues, we're so back.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 18, 2024

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Finally some real loving food

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Valentin posted:

yeah this seems like explicitly yuji's take on it, he visualizes it like a cut or crop tool on a computer. should wait for better translation to speculate further but the leaks suggest that sukuna's thinking about how the CTs can vary according to the user, and the visuals seem to suggest that rather than throwing slashes, yuji's placing them in things he touches.

personally for the first time in a while this is the first time i've been able to follow clearly from visuals alone and that alone has me very excited. the cycle continues, we're so back.

i had not considered your interpretation, which i prefer by miles (and is just a more fun approach to CT). this owns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What a gosh darn heck of a dang chapter imo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

HE IS HIM HE IS HIM

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Given (shitscan spoilers) the chapter's reveal that Yuji is Sukuna's unborn twin, are we to assume that souls are already a thing in the womb, and thus Jujutsu Kaisen is an anti-abortion narrative at its heart?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Given (shitscan spoilers) the chapter's reveal that Yuji is Sukuna's unborn twin, are we to assume that souls are already a thing in the womb, and thus Jujutsu Kaisen is an anti-abortion narrative at its heart?

Life begins at conception and pro-abortion are not necessarily contradictory views. See, Dune. :v:

mycot fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 18, 2024

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Yuji isn’t Sukuna’s unborn twin, Yuji’s dad is/was.

But also yes. Women need consent from Sukuna to have an abortion

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Sukuna is no longer having fun

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yuji isn’t Sukuna’s unborn twin, Yuji’s dad is/was.

But also yes. Women need consent from Sukuna to have an abortion

Oh, they updated the translation, earlier version didn't state that but was more simplistic.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's peak again

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
PEAK

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Goddamn Gege bringing the hype in hard.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
The whole Maki/Mai thing, the Panda and the independent souls thing, hell even Mahito's bodies being a shape for the soul thing, all setup for this. Excellently played Gege.

This neatly explains projection sorcery's weird 24fps thing as well. It's just Naobito's interpetation of it, not the "actual form" of the CT.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

also between this and the mystery shoko heals i have never felt more certain (post-takaba) that we are going to see kenjaku again. but it would be great if we didn't

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Bread Set Jettison posted:

There’s pretty compelling evidence to suggest that sukuna was a twin.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I don’t buy the finger thing. I think it’s off somewhere, and will be used against sukuna at some point.

Considering the amount of times “twins are a bad omen” comes up, I think Kenjaku made/incarnated/whatever Sukuna’s twin. Yuji is possibly the reincarnated soul of Sukunas twin. Sukuna probably ate his twin, and maybe even in the womb (since Yuji is some form of cursed womb). Them being a twin means some sort of heavenly binding vow associated with him or something.

There’s a lot of hints that suggest this could be true. The fact that Yuji is uniquely qualified to manage sukuna; Yuji’s similarity to Maki being stronger physically without cursed technique; obviously the physical similarities from past-era sukuna; Sukunas weird body and double of everything... I think the Itadori line was chosen by Kenjaku because they are likely certainly descendants of the same line Sukuna comes from.

This also could be a solid way to power up Yuji for the finale without it being too much of a power-of-friendship-rear end-pull.

God I loving love being right about the whole twin thing.

Edit: Very wrong about Yuji being the 20th finger though from that same post lmao

Edit: pre emptive yes I know I wasn’t the only one with this theory and also yes I’m not 100% correct either because of Jin

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 18, 2024

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Just in case this is useful to any onlookers, there are spoilers this chap you might want to avoid until the good scans drop.

Gege is loving cooking though. No break next week.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I think JJK is clearly pro killing kids with bad vibes

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah I'm sure this will work.

Also kind of a clumsy reveal here but I'm not sure how you could've revealed it at this point given the circumstances. It'd have made more sense for Kenjaku to have brought it up but then you couldn't reveal it as Yuji is (presumably) tuning Sukuna up. I wonder if Gojo knew too because way back at the start of the series he said Yuji's body would learn Sukuna's technique. The action paneling this chapter is way better than it has been lately too.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yujis visualization for the technique is adorable

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

Yeah I'm sure this will work.

Also kind of a clumsy reveal here but I'm not sure how you could've revealed it at this point given the circumstances. It'd have made more sense for Kenjaku to have brought it up but then you couldn't reveal it as Yuji is (presumably) tuning Sukuna up. I wonder if Gojo knew too because way back at the start of the series he said Yuji's body would learn Sukuna's technique. The action paneling this chapter is way better than it has been lately too.

Even Gege is being taken over by Yujimania

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

brothers trope, but this time bruh is leftovers. but he's actually more like a twin nephew

so Sukuna used to look like Yuji, hates Yuji, now trying to rip his face off. i get it. he used to be hot :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

only japan has cursed energy so abortion is only bad in japan. duh