Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Wow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Yuji: I’m not going to sugarcoat it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Momjaku has to be one of the weirdest real plot twists out there. Like gege heard about one piece's crocomom theory and decided it had to be real.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

suicide4sexbots posted:

brothers trope, but this time bruh is leftovers. but he's actually more like a twin nephew

so Sukuna used to look like Yuji, hates Yuji, now trying to rip his face off. i get it. he used to be hot :(

There is an entire fandom for current Sukuna in terms of looks, even though to me he looks like Goro from Mortal Kombat, so I don't think looks ar ehis problems. Besides, dudes gives strong volcel energies, when he mentions eating people it's not a euphemism.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
i'm with kashimo on this, sukuna and his weird torso are beautiful.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I honestly love the bit of editorializing the translator does on these raw leaks cause it gets me even more hype to read “YUJI HITS HIM WITH ANOTHER!!!!” And “Kusakabe just starts throwing hands”

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

JahRoo posted:

I honestly love the bit of editorializing the translator does on these raw leaks cause it gets me even more hype to read “YUJI HITS HIM WITH ANOTHER!!!!” And “Kusakabe just starts throwing hands”

its better than the official translation lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

scary ghost dog posted:

its better than the official translation lol

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

JahRoo posted:

It's basically what the guy who shares the leaked raws on Twitter says but collected on imgur, if I understand correctly. People thought he'd been arrested for a while too lol.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Love it. Sukuna being a hater from conception is the best.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I didn’t think Gege still had that dawg in him. I apologize for doubting.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
memes aside, he really is him

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this is pretty much what i'd hoped for - not only is sukuna's mojo being suppressed by the black flashes, but he can't psyche himself up for the fight because he hates yuji so loving much he's not having fun anymore

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

JahRoo posted:

every shonen manga would be immediately improved by the addition of a tiny gene okerlund in the corner

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I need the commentary track from Mei Mei. Maybe that's one use they have for characters who couldn't fight

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rando commentary is some of the best parts of baki

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

yuji out here tuning up the band, boy is just warmin up

Caros
May 14, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

only japan has cursed energy so abortion is only bad in japan. duh

The ghost of Shinzo Abe still worried about demographics.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
tcb version is out

https://tcb-backup.bihar-mirchi.com/chapters/7715/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-257

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hosed up that Yuji isn't just Kenjaku's son, he's Sukuna's too!

Anyway, new dismantle is very cool.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Hell yeah, gently caress him up Yuji!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

TheHan posted:

every hit yuji lands from here on will be a black flash.

LET'S loving GOOOOO

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
OK yeah it's peak

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I did that in Mario party once

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah this loving rules so much

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Gege's so checked out he couldn't even think of any dialogue for Yuji.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
He's speaking with his fists.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
I cannot wait for this to be animated. The black flashes in succession must look so cool.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Should have taken some notes from Mahito, you arrogant rear end.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

one thing that stood out to me with the better scans is how much yuji's eyes/expression look like gojo's. not to suggest there's any real narrative connection there, but it's cool particularly if you consider those shots as being from sukuna's perspective

what i'm saying is give me yuji doing the honored one pose

stuker fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 20, 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What did Ino do with the Nanami-blade near the end? Just..drop it on Sukuna? Did it do anything?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ytlaya posted:

What did Ino do with the Nanami-blade near the end? Just..drop it on Sukuna? Did it do anything?

I think He threw it and hit him in the chest with it, providing just the tiniest of distractions for another black flash to hit him

Great chapter, I think all of this is going to be a blast to read through on a re-read despite how the pacing has felt release to release.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I don't think a re-read can save huge chunks of the Sukuna fight and the absolutely bonkers narrative choices made, but hey, Yuji finally paying off and popping off on Sukuna is very satisfying.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Megumi's a pretty heavy sleeper to sleep through 8 Black Flashes in a row.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

While I think it would be an in universe bad thing, I really hope that Sukuna being absolutely bodied by Yuji leads to Sukuna having to Die Mad.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

PringleCreamEgg posted:

While I think it would be an in universe bad thing, I really hope that Sukuna being absolutely bodied by Yuji leads to Sukuna having to Die Mad.

No sorcerer dies without regret.

Not even you Sukuna, though I'm sure you thought you were too special for that

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Megumi: getting up is way too hard, it just cannot be done.
Yuji: *lands a baker dozen black flashes*
this is why you take Prozac

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

No Wave posted:

Momjaku has to be one of the weirdest real plot twists out there. Like gege heard about one piece's crocomom theory and decided it had to be real.

Kenjaku is nothing if not 100% dedicated to progressing his research with a hands on approach. Taking backshots for science :science:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I don't think a re-read can save huge chunks of the Sukuna fight and the absolutely bonkers narrative choices made, but hey, Yuji finally paying off and popping off on Sukuna is very satisfying.

They go by faster though. It's really easy to scroll by boring chapters when you're just re-reading something rather than just having it sit as the one chapter you get that week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Sukuna falling for the age old shounen villain trap: being pissed off at the MC