Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Finally someone else who gets me

My Top five MCU films are:

5. Spiderman: Far From Home
4. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Spiderman: Homecoming
2. Gotg 2
1. Iron Man 3

:D

Relax Or DIE posted:

for what it's worth, as someone who becomes more tedious by the year, I really like reading posts about these big releases that I'll never touch

I am very easy going on games, but this one is definitely scratching the kind of itch I get. It is really nice to pop in and out and do a few missions with super powers. I am not sure I have played a superhero game before now that I think about it so getting to actually use their super powers feels really responsive and fun. And Ms. Marvel's are the MOST fun to use. She is so powerful and it feels great :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

My top 5 is Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Endgame and Captain America: The Winter Soldier and yes I know that's more than five shut up

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

warch again? no problem

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

My top 5 is Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Endgame and Captain America: The Winter Soldier and yes I know that's more than five shut up

Hahaha :D I honestly have fun with every marvel film. Even Thor: Dark World.

It is really tough to narrow them all down to a number but Iron Man 3 being shane black is a big reason why.
Spider-Man is my favourite version of Peter Parker Spider-Man in film (though Spider-verse is the best Spider-Man film).
GotG2 has the whole team comfortable and firing on all cylinders and came at a time in my life when things were tough (Lindsay Ellis' video about it mirrors a ton of my own) and Thor Ragnarok is the sort of wicked colourful fun I love from comic books :D

I also love Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, GotG1, Black Panther, Avengers and Avengers Infinity War too if we are taking it up to top 10 :3:

Also I cannot, cannot, cannot, cannot wait for She-Hulk tv series :3:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

warch never changes

e: infinity warch

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 1, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Winter Soldier is an outstanding action movie.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think Guardians 1/2 are the only Marvel films I really like.

I will be watching Shang-Chi day one, I know its pandering directly to me shut up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only MCU film I don't really get on with is Incredible Hulk because they'd not really figured out what they were doing so the tone isn't there and it's a chore to sit through but even that's got Tim Roth as a good point. A couple of Xmas's back I did a two day marathon of all the movies back to back. It was so fun :D

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

i used to use marvel movies to punish my dad with but he cottoned on to me and now he refuses to see them with me

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Best MCU Films:

5. Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice
4. Avengers 3: Civil War
3. X-Men: First Class
2. Captain America: Winter War
1. Wonder Woman

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

The only MCU film I don't really get on with is Incredible Hulk because they'd not really figured out what they were doing so the tone isn't there and it's a chore to sit through but even that's got Tim Roth as a good point. A couple of Xmas's back I did a two day marathon of all the movies back to back. It was so fun :D

Tim Roth gonna be in She-Hulk :D :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol Snyder

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
A She-Hulk movie!? Will the internet never have a moment to cool down?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's a TV show and it stars Tati-chan from Orphan Black :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Baller Time posted:

A She-Hulk movie!? Will the internet never have a moment to cool down?

She-Hulk is my favourite Marvel superhero so I am extremely excited to see what they do with it after Wandavision being so fab.

Also (because this is a game chat thread and I have gotten lost in MCU excitement) I have been playing modded minecraft with Lady VG and my bestie (Valheim modpack my bestie has suggested) and last night I figured out a machine pipeline of putting all ores into a chest which takes them to a processor to turn them into three shards which then get processed into dirty dusts and then processed into three actual dusts and then will seperate out into three other chests based on what they are. It was a confusing mess of pipes and switches and power creation underneath my water home, but it took about 6 hours to fully mine all the things needed and make them. Feeling very accomplished by it. :3:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

VideoGames posted:

5. Spiderman: Far From Home
4. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Spiderman: Homecoming
2. Gotg 2
1. Iron Man 3

I'd swap GOTG2 and Iron Man 3 and maybe bump Spidey 2 for Infinity War but otherwise this is me.

The nerds I associate with always think I'm joking when I say I like GotG 2 best. Dickhead the lot of them.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/TitlesInMedia/status/1318047455523479554/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't remember that from the localisation :thunkher:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cloud's actual line in Japanese was "this was her Final Fantasy 7" but they still hadn't fully rectified the number conventions in the west yet.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

It's a me, warch!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

my top three marvels are cap: winter solider (great action), thor ragnarok (funny), and doctor strange (looked cool)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Watching Doctor Strange on acid is a hell of a experience, big recommend

Weedle
May 31, 2006

another point in winter soldier’s favor is congressman garry shandling’s exquisitely slimy delivery of “hail hydra”

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Best Marvel scene is the one with iron man in a massive 40k dreadnought suit fighting an angry hulk

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm down for cusses, Kirby

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

My favorite MCU movie is WandaVision

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my favorite mcu is probably the ESP32

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Winter Soldier
GOTG
Iron Man 3
Ragnarok
Agent Carter

I can't put them in any order beyond that

wuggles posted:

All the takes saying the MCU is the real villain of Wandavision are correct because it's like a black hole inexorably dragging it back from something cool and original to just another component in the endless franchise machine

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

haveblue posted:

Winter Soldier
GOTG
Iron Man 3
Ragnarok
Agent Carter

I can't put them in any order beyond that

All the takes saying the MCU is the real villain of Wandavision are correct because it's like a black hole inexorably dragging it back from something cool and original to just another component in the endless franchise machine

The ep 8 reveal that the “bad guy” really was her grief and not some new comic villain working behind the scenes was encouraging, but yeah I can see this happening too. They’ve got a hell of a landing to stick this week

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Something something Marche is the villain chat thread

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

FirstAidKite posted:

Something something Marche is the villain chat thread

Look if that boy wanted to walk again he shouldn't have also dragged his friends into a magical fantasy escapade filled with wonder and adventure

Marche had an exam the next day you inconsiderate paraplegic

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

This is a take I can get behind, Monica Rambeau is a queen

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

radio button poll, didn't vote

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Apparently some shakycam Elden Ring gameplay trailer footage is doing the rounds on the ol' blogosphere. Set expectations to maximum every time any platform makes an announcement for the rest of the year.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Can't stop thinking about the incredibly bad Wandavision tweet and how MCU melts people's brains and people can't just like things without it becoming their identity any more, very bad stuff.

What I'm saying is Twitter bad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What's the incredibly bad tweet

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
maybe not bad but incredibly stupid

https://twitter.com/madhat31/status/1365773588586987522

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
^ Lol I mean I like MCU but that tweet bad

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

people can't just like things without it becoming their identity

Yeah, good thing none of us here base our identities on liking to post on a dead comedy forum :shepface:

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/madhat31/status/1365773588586987522?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/madhat31/status/1365773588586987522?s=19