Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

haveblue posted:

What's the incredibly bad tweet

I guess this probably has Wandavision spoilers so I won't embed: behold, the tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

^ Lol I mean I like MCU but that tweet bad

Yeah, good thing none of us here base our identities on liking to post on a dead comedy forum :shepface:

gently caress

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

y'all hear about that tweet

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ever since Scorsese landed some pretty mild burns on the MCU all the superfans have been going into overdrive to prove that MCU stuff is Real Art and Real Important Cinema and it is very tiring.

Can't we all just enjoy our dumb superhero trash for the dumb superhero trash that it is? There's nothing wrong with liking stuff because it's entertaining!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Idgi

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Harrow posted:

Ever since Scorsese landed some pretty mild burns on the MCU all the superfans have been going into overdrive to prove that MCU stuff is Real Art and Real Important Cinema and it is very tiring.

Can't we all just enjoy our dumb superhero trash for the dumb superhero trash that it is? There's nothing wrong with liking stuff because it's entertaining!!

Martin was right and will always be right about film.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:same:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Harrow posted:

I guess this probably has Wandavision spoilers so I won't embed: behold, the tweet
Seems like a bit of an overreaction to call that incredibly dumb? I mean, yeah, it's typical fanboy hyperbole, but it's not like it's a bad line, either.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's fine to enjoy watching garbage but it's so embarrassing that ostensible adults have to make this series, and particularly that line, out to be that good

it's Harry Potter for a different type of person

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1366140803605794819?s=19

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm whispering "gently caress" under my breath right now too but probably not for the same reason

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

haveblue posted:

I'm whispering "gently caress" under my breath right now too but probably not for the same reason

Mondays! Am I right?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm just gonna link that Brows Held High vid about Buckaroo Banzai because it's a pretty interesting take on the film and describes it as the closest thing you can get to the experience of being dropped into any of the middle phase mcu films without any knowledge of who the characters are or why they exist and that it's okay to just have fun and not be mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNbJb1NEGUk

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm looking forward toDisco Elysium on the Switch. I hope it lives up to the hype.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1366196177121738755?s=19

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Kirby asks if anyone is down for cusses while holding a screenshot of Wandavision and every screenwriter in the world stares on in reverence.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ne1 else down 4 hexes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Mondays! Am I right?

gently caress I just realised you and Jon Arbuckle are basically the same person

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jon Arbuckle likes sheetz

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i feel like i'm just elitistly having my sensibilities offended here but i can't help being irked by the implication that that style of "profound" dialogue is what screenwriters do and should aspire to, and that the disney+ limited series "wandavision" is the apotheosis of an art form that everyone else is just playing around with

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i think i need to watch wandavision asap though because it does sound cool but it seems like we're nearing the point where i will no longer be able to avoid being spoiled on whatever the big Thing is

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Weedle posted:

i think i need to watch wandavision asap though because it does sound cool but it seems like we're nearing the point where i will no longer be able to avoid being spoiled on whatever the big Thing is
sorry, sounds like you already found out about The Thing's cameo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is nothing good / worth buying coming out this month. Just a bunch of games are getting PS5 / Series X upgrades. Unsurprisingly this was actually suppose to be a big month for releases, but then everything got delayed to later in the year, 2022, or now has no release date at all.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Disco Elysium on console is new and worth getting (though if you already have it on PC you get all the new features as a free update :hellyeah:)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Weedle posted:

Even after everyone knows all the plot developments, it'll still be a series of pretty good parodies of various eras of sitcom. So it's probably worth watching if you're into that sort of thing

The other funny thing about it is that structurally it's an inversion of the trendy "mystery box" JJ Abrams show because the audience goes in knowing a lot more than the characters about what's going on and we're watching Wanda and Vision gradually catch up to where we are already

Weedle
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

The other funny thing about it is that structurally it's an inversion of the trendy "mystery box" JJ Abrams show because the audience goes in knowing a lot more than the characters about what's going on and we're watching Wanda and Vision gradually catch up to where we are already

does this require me to be up to date on the latest happenings in the larger marvelverse or will the show explain it to me?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The way the Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS5 upgrade is working is really dumb and probably means I won't actually take the upgrade and just stick with the PS4 version. I was gonna do an NG+ playthrough after the upgrade but apparently my PS4 version save won't work in the PS5 version, even though I was already playing on a PS5 and it's like, right there

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I said come in! posted:

There is nothing good / worth buying coming out this month. Just a bunch of games are getting PS5 / Series X upgrades. Unsurprisingly this was actually suppose to be a big month for releases, but then everything got delayed to later in the year, 2022, or now has no release date at all.

:wrong:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

oh gently caress I forgot Rise comes out this month

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

wow, disco elysium GOTY again!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Weedle posted:

does this require me to be up to date on the latest happenings in the larger marvelverse or will the show explain it to me?

You need to know what happens in Infinity War/Endgame, at least

edit: Also Age of Ultron, how could I forget

ymgve fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 1, 2021

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Harrow posted:

The way the Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS5 upgrade is working is really dumb and probably means I won't actually take the upgrade and just stick with the PS4 version. I was gonna do an NG+ playthrough after the upgrade but apparently my PS4 version save won't work in the PS5 version, even though I was already playing on a PS5 and it's like, right there

Same

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Thandos snapped and everyone was dead but then capitalism happened and everyone was saved and Thandos was defeated

Weedle
May 31, 2006

in other superhero news my 4yo has developed an intense interest in spider-man and i showed him into the spider-verse, which he now requests to watch almost every weekend, so i have seen it probably half a dozen times over the past couple of months and you know what? doesn't get old. great movie. looks great, sounds great, good jokes, good action, sad villain, mahershala ali, it's got everything

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
And Nicolas Cage, and a talking pig. What more could one ask for

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Walla posted:

I'm looking forward toDisco Elysium on the Switch. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Spider-Verse is my favorite superhero movie and it isn't even close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Convex posted:

And Nicolas Cage, and a talking pig. What more could one ask for

Nicolas Cage in another Panos Cosmatos film