Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ymgve posted:

You need to know what happens in Infinity War/Endgame, at least

e: sorry for this crummy snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Spiderverse is the best superhero movie of the past few years, yeah

Weedle posted:

does this require me to be up to date on the latest happenings in the larger marvelverse or will the show explain it to me?

Maybe a little bit? I mean mostly that it's obvious from the start that something is very wrong with the basic nature of reality on the show and the tension comes from the characters slowly waking up to this. If you don't know this before hitting Play on the first episode you'll definitely know it by the end if not somewhere in the middle. This is augmented if you're aware that the last time you saw Wanda she was living in a version of 2010s America where all kinds of insane comic book bullshit has happened, and also that Vision died some time ago (spoilers for a different MCU entry), but if you didn't know these things I don't think the general thrust would be blunted all that much. Wandavision will exposit and flash back when things become relevant, just in case.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 1, 2021

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will be playing Disco Elysium this year - I am waiting because I hear the patch will have voice acting and I am down for voice acting :D

Harrow posted:

Spider-Verse is my favorite superhero movie and it isn't even close

If I am doing top five superhero movies (not just marvel) then I have to pick:

5. Iron Man 3
4. Logan
3. Lego Batman
2. SpiderVerse
1. King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (Steve Wiebe is a superhero, I have his topps trading card, do not @ me).

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
DE voice acting better have the croakiest, 20-years-of-chain-smoking voices possible for every character

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Baller Time posted:

DE voice acting better have the croakiest, 20-years-of-chain-smoking voices possible for every character

Do the Chapo boys fit this description?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VideoGames posted:

If I am doing top five superhero movies (not just marvel) then I have to pick:

5. Iron Man 3
4. Logan
3. Lego Batman
2. SpiderVerse
1. King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (Steve Wiebe is a superhero, I have his topps trading card, do not @ me).

Mine would be:
5. Wonderwoman
4: Logan
3: Watchmen
2: Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
1: Avengers: Infinity War

It's actually a really difficult choice for top 5, there are a lot of really good super hero movies in the last decade.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Do the Chapo boys fit this description?

No but they're going to make Cushbomb use his old mic

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i think this is my all-superhero top five

5. Batman (1989)
4. Darkman
3. Logan
2. The Dark Knight
1. Into the Spider-Verse

e: gently caress i forgot about blade! poo poo!!!!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Again, I'm not going to try to put them in order, but:

Winter Soldier
Spiderverse
Blade
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
X-Men 2

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
4. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3
3. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man
2. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2
1. Into the Spider-Verse

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

It’s a good line and it’s well above average for the MCU but that tweet is dumb

Weedle posted:

i think i need to watch wandavision asap though because it does sound cool but it seems like we're nearing the point where i will no longer be able to avoid being spoiled on whatever the big Thing is

If it helps I spoiled myself on the first seven episodes every week before I decided it was worth watching, still enjoyed myself

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love top five lists. I make them about everything. :D Some list end up being top 30 or 100 but I like to categorise and then revisit and recategorise often! #1 spot is usually pretty static. Portal 2 for game and Wall-E for favourite film. :3:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What is death but toppled joy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What is love, baby dont hurt me?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Harrow posted:

Spider-Verse is my favorite superhero movie and it isn't even close

Spider-Verse is just really, really good. WandaVision actor Kathryn Hahn also does a really good job in that as Doc Ock.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Darkman's a good superhero film

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Ah yes, the best superhero film, A Night at the Roxbury. Finally some level headed discussion

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Only Sam Raimi can be trusted to make a good superhero movie.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Going to watch Drag Me to Hell now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Going to watch Drag Me to Hell now

Not a good superhero film

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I miss when a new superhero movie was exciting, even if you knew it was going to be terrible. Now it's like you can't throw a rock without hitting one and they've all ascended to this weird purgatory that is neither good nor bad, but in its bland neutrality demands ever more sacrifice from the people's whose culture begins and ends with disney owned IP.

but yeah spiderverse was good

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

4. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3
3. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man
2. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2
1. Into the Spider-Verse

:yeah:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

Only Sam Raimi can be trusted to make a good superhero movie.

And Guillermo del Toro. Blade 2 is at least as good as Blade 1

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

FirstAidKite posted:

It is if your hero is the devil.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

However a great regular film!

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Khanstant posted:

I miss when a new superhero movie was exciting, even if you knew it was going to be terrible. Now it's like you can't throw a rock without hitting one and they've all ascended to this weird purgatory that is neither good nor bad, but in its bland neutrality demands ever more sacrifice from the people's whose culture begins and ends with disney owned IP.

but yeah spiderverse was good

:yeah:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man has Macho Man in it, who is the closest we'll ever get to a real super hero.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Wait I forgot Deadpool and Deadpool 2. Goodness. So many great things I love.

Also I am ridiculously excited that Doc Ock Alfred Molina in in Spider-man: Third Home in the Suburbs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What are the best 5 superhero video games though (the correct answer is The Wonderful 101)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

What are the best 5 superhero video games though (the correct answer is The Wonderful 101)

Superman 64

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

that wolverine: origins game for GBA

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The one spiderman game with the QTE fail faceplant

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
SNES had some platformer-beatemups with superhero themes, I wouldn't call any of them favourites, but they're mostly fine as any other game in their boring genre.

I guess just Batman Arkham City and Asylum. Ummm, the Soul Calibur with Spawn in it? IDK I don't think superheroes generally make for a good videogame formula.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm generally not a fan of actually watching horror movies because I don't like watching people be killed or tortured, but I still love horror and reading about said movies because it lets me go at my own pace instead of sticking with whatever pace the film goes at.

As a result I also know I'd never be able to enjoy drag me to hell for a variety of reasons, with the biggest one being her sacrificing her kitten to save herself.

Similar to why I know I'd never enjoy the shape of water, because the cat gets eaten (cats being killed in particular bothers me a lot, like probably way more than it should) and regardless of how small a moment it may be, it's enough to taint it for me, which is a shame since they're both well-reviewed films.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Injustice 2 was pretty all right and Spider-Man was okay, that's about all that I can stand as far as superhero games go.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

At least one of the Infamous games probably

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In no particular order:

X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The Crackdown Demo on xbox360 or whatever was pretty fun, is that superhero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

:mods: