Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Wariowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

So Rhythm Doctor is really good. What the game did with the second boss fight just blew my mind a bit, never seen a game do that before!

I loved Rhythm Heaven so much and this is a really great game in the same style.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I'm installing Final Fantasy X/X-2 to play for the first time. Is this a good idea thread? Any tips for the first time?

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I feel like the way we call them imaginary numbers has caused more harm than good tbh

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Wow I'm sort of surprised with how FF X starts, somehow I didn't realise how "modern" the world was in it. Only played a bit less than an hour but I'm into this intro so far :D

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Hey chat thread I got married today :) hope everyone is having a good day!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Lol thankfully neither

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I mean I just finished 13 Sentinels so obviously themed on that

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I've played an hour or so more of FF X and the dialogue almost feels really stilted and strange but I'm somehow into it. Definitely intrigued to see where this goes!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Help I'm becoming addicted to watching this guy play Geoguessr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4guW7aYXc

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Only had enough time to play a tiny bit more of FF X but this Lulu girl seems to love belts a lot

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Ok I love how dumb Tidus seems

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

And I can understand wanting to make FF X so linear actually since maybe they wanted a more cinematic experience since they could with the more powerful PS2 compared to the PS1

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Tidus just laughed on a boat and it was good. I am unsure if that's the laughing scene though

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

The combat in FF X feels really good. I think my main problem with jrpgs has been feeling the combat is slow but maybe I just haven't played a modern one with faster combat. Also helps I can grind a bit with the 4x speed option

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Anyone who is feeling down, you are not alone. Please also count me in as someone who is willing to listen and talk if you want to.
I've been through some dark times before and really do want to help if anyone is feeling similarly.

This community is honestly generally pretty great :)

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I beat Dark Souls tonight! Took down Kalameet, Manus, Dark Gwyndolin, Sanctuary Gaurdians and finally lord Gwynn :3: what a rush!

Dark Souls II here I come!

Oh poo poo awesome VG! You're smashing these games.

Makes me feel pretty tempted to jump back into another run of DS2, you going to be playing Scholar?

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

drat it I'm reinstalling Dark Souls 2

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I'm going to do a dual caestus build this time. Already enjoying punching mans!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Giant, Pursuer, Dragonrider and Sentinels down! With the help of some summons (NPC and real) of course :D

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Dark Souls 2

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I just beat the Lost Sinner and the summon Sellsword Luet who just wields two massive shields owns

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I've beaten the Sinner, Rotten, and Old Iron King now on my dual caestus run! Just one more great lord soul to go :D

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Holy poo poo Siralim is the game I've always wanted. Being able to summon your enemies after defeating them in a battle is a dream game idea since my childhood!! :D

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I've played 7 hours of Siralim Ultimate today and this game is very good. I'm excited to see how overpowered I can make some of these classes when I unlock them!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Also I wanna talk about Siralim Ultimate a little bit and how it's miles better than Siralim 3 in terms of gameplay flow. I'm not as far in as S3 but I'm already having way more fun because of the class system. In S3, classes were kind of weird because they provided mostly negligible bonuses, like "+1% attack per level" but here they're much more structured, and my team is hilarious.

My class is Sorceror, which means all of my spells go off twice. The starter monster is an Octopus Mage, who casts Magic Missile any time someone casts a spell. Yes, that also goes off twice. So, if it casts Magic Missile once, it hits, procs two additional hits, goes off again, procs the two hits again. He is nuts.

But he's not strong enough. So I have a second monster, called the Salamander, who has a 50% chance to cause all spells to go off twice. This doesn't potentially double the casts of Magic Missile to 12, because remember, each of the original hits procs two more casts. Four main hits, with four bounces each, so it's TWENTY total hits if you get really lucky.

Not enough damage, because that's only one monster, and you've got room for six. So just to make sure I survive, I have one tank monster who I have fused to have two skills - one makes him heal 10% max HP every time anyone takes a turn, and the other inflicts Weakness on all enemies when he gets attacked. His job is to cast provoke every turn and inflict Weakness.

Salamander has two spells. One inflicts Bleeding on all enemies, and the second inflicts a random debuff on all enemies. The second one is the most useful of the two, because remember, we cast all spells twice, so it actually inflicts two debuffs. But, the funny thing about Salamander is that he also has a second ability, which casts Corpse Explosion every time an enemy does with a status ailment, and it casts once per ailment they're inflicted with. If they were inflicted with, say, three ailments, once from the double-cast debuff and once from my tank getting hit, that's six casts of Corpse Explosion, per enemy! Two enemies die, that's twelve hits! And, it has a 50% chance of getting cast twice!

Basically the game's nuts. That's just one example strategy I've found, because I also am eyeing another strategy where you cast a spell on an ally that kills it and distributes its stats to enemies, and then another monster uses two passives that increases its stats by 20%, and then also replicates all stat gains and passes them to allies. You combine that with a Unicorn who revives one ally every time it attacks and just continually blow up your ally for massive stat buffs. Game rules.

I've got a really similar team to yours! I picked the Evoker too and the amount of magic missiles I've got going off after every spell cast is honestly a bit absurd and then I added the salamander to the mix. This is great :D

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Just created a thread for Siralim Ultimate if anyone is playing it and wants to discuss :D
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962134

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I just watched the Girl Who Leapt Through Time and the amount of influence you can see from that movie on 13 Sentinels is crazy!
Great movie :D

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Chat thread!

I am, once again, asking for your posts.

Someone in... I think it was the Steam thread but I can't find the post once shared a screenshot of their Steam categories and they were separated by "Energy levels", having Low/Mid/High/Weird energy categories, which I think it's a brilliant way of deciding what to play depending on where your head's at.

So, thread, tell me about your "low energy" games.

I've been playing Siralim Ultimate fairly often when I have the time recently since it's easy to just pass the time grinding while I'm watching something in the background. Easy to turn off my mind.

Also agree with the Everyday Genius Squarelogic and any Picross game recommendations!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Kushikatsu is so good and I can't wait to be able to go back to Japan and get some :D

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I joined SA in 2007 and wow I was 14 at the time :stare: Definitely feel like I've spent way too much time in my life on here but I've enjoyed reading and talking about games and other things so much I don't regret it honestly :D

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Goddamn I'm hopelessly addicted to Siralim!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

hatty posted:

13 Sentinels is real good, Keitaro is the best sorry to those that disagree

:hmmyes: at least the best dude, Natsuno best girl.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Help, I played my first game of dota in almost two years and I really enjoyed it. This could be dangerous haha

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Does this mean you're my friend Rarity? :D

Probably helped that I won the game. If I had lost it would probably be a different story.

Definitely not going to get addicted like I used to be though. Too many other good games to play!!!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

It's been so long since I played MGS4... looking forward to hearing your updates/thoughts on it Rarity!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

MH Rise is awesome :D not a huge fan of this tower defense mode though! Otherwise it is great and I have no idea how it runs this good on a switch!!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Weedle posted:

frankly i would rather read 100 more rarity posts about mgs4 than another post complaining about too many posts in the chat thread while also misgendering her. just one goon's opinion tho

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

1. Rock Band 2
2. Rock Band 3
3. Rock Band 4
4. Rock Band