Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

FirstAidKite posted:

Something something Marche is the villain chat thread

Look if that boy wanted to walk again he shouldn't have also dragged his friends into a magical fantasy escapade filled with wonder and adventure

Marche had an exam the next day you inconsiderate paraplegic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Oh no it is a full moon, I have turned into an Aliens videogame apologist again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1GRp19A89A

Awoooo

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
One of my fondest memories of Lost Planet 2 was telling my friend that the power-suit (the armor that you can find in some levels that makes you immune to flinching) protected you against the blob monsters' instant-kill attack. It was a complete, hollow lie and I stole the suit from his corpse while he was still being devoured.

Did that game ever get rescued from Games for Windows Live?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Underwater missions were a huge slog. Did you know that you can launch your friends into the air if you hit them a few times with the grappling hook? Did you know that there is no way to recover from your falling animation so they have to watch their character flail around helplessly in "everything-is-low-gravity" water until they hit the ground?

God I loved that game.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
After following a guide on the steam community page, I finally got Lost Planet 2 functioning again. Apparently Games for Windows Live's zombified corpse still holds the game together.

Also it feels really weird to come back to this game after Monster Hunter World; there's a lot of DNA shared between the two franchises.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
What the hell is Treasure doing nowadays? I'll take a Warioworld sequel, I'm not picky.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Dodogama what happened to your FACE

Also goddamn are your AI partners braindead in this game

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Wario already had a princess, whose appearance changed based on how much treasure you left the Golden Pyramid with:

Also she's probably dead, which easily puts her ahead of all the currently-living monarchs in the Mario universe.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I secretly dread the day the save battery for my copy of Duke Nukem for Gameboy Color will die and I end up losing all my save slots for the vehicle levels I enjoyed when I was 11

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Before I nuked my battlenet account, Heroes of the Storm was my go-to for "I don't wanna do jack squat today" games. Nowadays, I tend to flop between non-Inferno EDF sessions and Doom WADs for mindless entertainment.

Man, I should see if Quake Champions still has a playerbase...

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Poopy-pants man Johnny turning out to be the most well-adjusted, handsome-est man in the entire series is Hideo's best joke ever and redeems everything else in MGS4.

Is he ever mentioned in Rising?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Acerbatus posted:

I mean, he does keep sexually assaulting people so I dunno about that.

Considering that the majority of Metal Gear's adult characters are either traumatized warriors with untreated behavioral issues, sex creeps, or literal serial murderers, Johnny somehow manages to clear the bar while awkwardly-groping a butt before falling over and loudly farting.