Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3YzmjmAGoI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Winter Soldier is an outstanding action movie.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/TitlesInMedia/status/1318047455523479554/

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
And Nicolas Cage, and a talking pig. What more could one ask for

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
5. Four
4. Three
3. Five
2. Two
1. One

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Huh. I think some of those are mixed up.

5. Five
4. Four
3. Three
2. Two
1. One

There. That makes more sense now.

Oh. I should known not to trust those "Terrence Howard Teaches Maths" DVDs :eng99:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/OnionGamers/status/1366806780446199814

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
The ongoing saga of The Sinking City, a Lovecraftian adventure game, has resulted in a few twists and turns this week. Originally the developer of the game, Frogwares, partnered with Big Ben Interactive (who are now known as Nacon) as publisher and released the game on last gen consoles and the Epic store on PC. A few months later they then said the publisher had broken contract by witholding funding and claiming ownership of the IP and source code. This resulted in the game being pulled from sale. The developer then uploaded their own version to GamesPlanet (a legit PC digital store) as published by themselves, and more recently uploaded a PS5 version of the game with some improvements but said that owners of the PS4 version couldn't upgrade due to legal reasons. At around the same time the game went up for sale on Steam for about 24 hours before being pulled.

This week the publisher took control of the Steam app id and uploaded a cracked version they had downloaded from GamesPlanet and hacked their publisher logo into, claiming they had the rights to the game but not any of the DLC made post launch and blaming the developer for all the shenanigans; however, they forgot to remove the developers' access to the Steam app and so two competing announcements appeared on the Store page (one stating the game was now available for sale, the other saying DO NOT BUY THIS GAME). They also cracked the wrong version of the game as the one on Steam includes the DLC that they are apparently not allowed to sell. The game them disappeared from the Steam store completely about an hour ago (even the store page has been nuked and cannot be accessed, which no longer happens when games are withdrawn from sale), however nobody appears to have told a bunch of legit digital stores who still have keys for sale (see https://gg.deals/game/the-sinking-city/).

Apparently all these people already went to court so who knows what is going on.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Congrats!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

in the best way

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Someone mentioned Enter the Gungeon here a few weeks ago and that reignited my interest in the game. I was going strong with it for a while, having killed the past for the Marine and the Convict, but I feel like so much has been added since then. Synergies between weapons and items, new NPCs and enemies, mini bosses.

I’ve been trying to get a clear with the Pilot but his starting load out kind of sucks. Two nights ago, when I picked it back up for the first time in over a year, I barely made it to the second chamber reliably. Last night I made it to the Dragun twice, but couldn’t seal the deal. The last time was particularly brutal, since I had a hell of a load out but only two full hearts. Got him down to 1/3 then stupidly switched to a weapon with a bunch of kickback and got myself killed.

My success rate for getting deeper has gone up a ton once I stopped trying to go through the oubliette and just use keys on chests to get a better starting gun.

Game still good

I found the game considerably easier when I mapped reload to the right stick click and blanks to the left stick click only. Game is great and I keep coming back to it even after finishing it all, after a stressful day it's fun to stick on some music and do a Gunslinger run to relax :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I own property and graffiti is cool if done well and bad if not in inappropriate places

Context matters as much as quality

Someone sprayed oval office onto a derelict boat that's been washed up on the beach not far from where I live, how do you rate that one :v:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Good job! :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

wuggles posted:

Off the top of my head there has been or will be

Hitman 3
Super Mario 3D World
Monster Hunter Rise
NieR Replicant
Bravely Default 2
Valheim
Loop Hero
Atelier Ryza 2

and I’m sure I’m forgetting a ton of others

Resident Evil 8
Binding of Isaac Repentance
Discon Elysium Director's Cut

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Is Horizon better than Breath of the Wild? I have both in the backlog and not sure which to tackle first!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Thanks everyone, think I'll go for BoTW first! :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I've never heard of this game but man this is a banger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuYnnm0MSf4

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Update: I have played the first 5 minutes of BoTW and it looks great but now I want to fight robot dinosaurs so am downloading H:ZD instead :eng99:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

Wrong, we're actually in the matrix

sadly we are not. the matrix was deemed too good and therefore we have all been transitioned to the matrix: reloaded

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Harrow posted:

warch is unimprovable

:hmmyes:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
who warches the warchmen

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Found this in the depths of reddit

GAME CUBE = no!
Nintendo GAMECUBE = no!
GC = no! (unless in Japan)

Sadly does not state where Nintendo falls on "Video Games"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

Interesting, you think what has been suplexed can't be suplexed again

There's an old saying in Narshe— I know it's in Doma, probably in Narshe — that says, suplex me once, shame on — shame on you. Suplex me — you can't get suplexed again.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Now, cumborne, that’s a game with lore I’d like to read

Cum starved beast would have a hell of a backstory, that's for sure

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

Lot easier to defeat than the other type, I'm sure.

Especially if you join the bukkake bros covenant

Grinding for protein vials still gonna be a pain though

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Trying to imagine what delights the Valley of Defilement might hold in this bold new vision

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

this is gross

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't expect the :cumpolice:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Wait why have I only just realised that you can change camera angle in F-Zero GX using up and down on the dpad :stare:

I've been playing this drat game for 15 years and never realised there was a cockpit view. This changes everything

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jolo posted:

How long does an average Enter the Gungeon run take? I've been playing Risk of Rain 2 lately but it's not a great game to play in spurts because the runs go on for an hour plus and there's no ability to save a run that's in progress (on console).

Usually about 30-40 minutes, plus you can save at the end of each level.

Also EtG is one of my favourite games of all time, everything about it is just wonderful. EXCEPT RAINBOW RUNS, gently caress YOU BOWLER

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

What the hell is Treasure doing nowadays? I'll take a Warioworld sequel, I'm not picky.

I think it's just run by one guy from his study, they haven't released a game since Sin & Punishment 2 IIRC.

Also Sin & Punishment 2 is an absurdly brilliant game and deserved to be a mega-hit :smith:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
wirby

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah didn't Arby's online social choose "Gamer" as their brand identity years back

Edit: joker voice
https://twitter.com/arbys/status/849275376962478082

i prefer nihilist arby's tbh

https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/1361008814334558209

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
What happened to Princess Daisy, did Mario dump her or something

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I found Ornstein and Smough the hardest tbh, although Kalameet was also a problem until I got some help from a friendly golem.

In other DS news, looks like the Olympics are back on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSHsOd3pSA&t=168s

Convex fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 9, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

wuggles posted:

Simone you’ve been a good poster the past couple months, keep up the good postin

:yeah:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I beat Dark Souls tonight! Took down Kalameet, Manus, Dark Gwyndolin, Sanctuary Gaurdians and finally lord Gwynn :3: what a rush!

Dark Souls II here I come!

Wow, that's a lot for one day. What kind of build did you go for?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Just made sure I had decent strength endurance and health and went great club two gander while having the grass crest shield equipped. I pancaked everything :) and I managed to get it up to +15!

Oh nice! I went with the Artorias set with a maxed out black knight halberd which mostly smashed everything to pieces :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Probably wouldn't be a lot of fun to jog around in that thing unless you enjoy crippling back pain

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
:smith:

I love Resident Evil but don't want people to suffer to make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I would like work to be over so I can get home and play some video games.

:same:

I want to go hunting treasure in Wind Waker but I have spreadsheets to review :smithicide: