Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Best Marvel scene is the one with iron man in a massive 40k dreadnought suit fighting an angry hulk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
If only they had made Natural Selection an aliens game it'd be perfect

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone remember GIANTS: citizen kabuto?

Man that was a weird weird game but it ruled, one of the stalwarts of the £5 Sold Out Software range

I remember not liking it as much after you stopped controlling the little space dudes with jetpacks though

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
While we are mentioning classic early 2000's PC Games Sacrifice ruled, man that game had some of THE BEST voice acting

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Kerrzhe posted:

help my stupid idiot brain only wants to play games that aren't out yet and any other game i try to play in the meantime it absolutely refuses to enjoy

i am so bored

was feeling similarly last night and it ended in a 90 minute long wikipedia dive into the Myst games

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

exquisite tea posted:

Strive delayed until June, now there is litchrelly nothing to play for the first half of 2021. The Year of No Games.

Get working on that backlog

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Help Im Alive posted:

Why do people keep forgetting about Momster Hunter

Yeah man :wtf:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
That is a list of very very good games no matter your taste

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

I bought hades. Keyboard or controller

Controller for me personally

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Next month is the five year anniversary of me telling myself ill play dark souls 3

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Arzaac posted:

Dark Souls 2, there's a bunch of startup frames for every weapon (9-39) where parries don't work, followed by a variable number of active frames (4-18, again weapon dependant) and then some recovery frames (39-60). The only weapon that functions like Dark Souls 1 parries is the Monestary Scimitar, with frame data of 0/18/49, and that's a New Game Plus weapon.

This is a nerdy as gently caress post and i love it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Played dark souls 2 last year and had a great time with it, mind you start to finish was about 3 weeks whereas with DS1 it was about 3 years

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

VideoGames posted:

I feel I am pretty close to finishing DS1 and the only reason it has taken a few months is because I did not set myself a schedule to sit down and play videogames I like. I was playing too many things all over the place and loving them all. I needed to focus. DS1 has taken me roughly 20 hours so far, which is fantastic. Normally I take forever to complete games. I need to work on my focus! :3:

gently caress it dude, if you arn't in the mood you arn't in the mood. gently caress playing videogames to a schedule though, wouldn't work for me. Just play what you feel.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ornstein and Smough was hardest by far but i did put down the game for years thanks to queelag

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think i would have liked DS2 more than 1 if it had that same feeling of being a large interconnected world which DS1 nails.

It might not make sense in terms of world design thinking about those environments though.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Videogames go sorcery aka Easy Mode :smugwizard:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

VideoGames posted:

Sorry, once I defeated Bloodborne I made a promise to myself never to pick easy modes again. I must be true to the game. I must take no shortcuts. I must improve and grow. I must gain. I must risk. My victories must be full.

Bearer of the curse, seek powerful souls, that is the only way

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm a souls man (trumpet soul-o)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Harrow posted:

How do I get into beat-em-ups

I used to enjoy messing around with like the old TMNT and Streets of Rage games when I was a kid but I was always awful at them. Streets of Rage 4 looks really good but the last time I played a beat-em-up I felt like I didn't really "get" how they're supposed to work. They feel very stiff to me and I have a hard time avoiding damage so I just kinda get owned.

Is there a One Weird Trick?

Play the first level of Bayou Billy and it'll put you off for life

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

bovis posted:

I just beat the Lost Sinner and the summon Sellsword Luet who just wields two massive shields owns

Yes!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

who would win in a fight:

A Dragon Quest Slime or an Atelier Puni

Slime wins via popular vote

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

What if I already have all these games and haven't played them in a decade op?

If you havn't played Doom in the past decade you have hosed up somewhere

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

Play video games before work :twisted:

No that's prime sleep time

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I hate when people joke about not getting enough sleep because drat man i love it so much

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Everyone gets at least 8 hours a night

Right....?

:ohdear:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

VideoGames posted:

I really like when people like the video games they like. :hai:

Oh yeah, well I like it more when they like the ones i like.

(Most of em)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

If I get 6 hours sleep then I consider that a good night's rest but most days it's more like 5-5.5

You could almost say a good night's sleep....is a rarity.

I'm sorry

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Hwurmp posted:

1 Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
2 Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

LMAO

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Just tried out Doom 64 on Gamepass, and what a weird game. I don't think I've seen a single reused asset or level. Feels like a weird total conversion or something.

Might complete Kiwami 2 and then maybe start Prey before my gamepass subscription ends.

Have a blessed Saturday, goons.

The 3 games you have quoted are all excellent and yet all so different

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Cardiovorax posted:

Would you recommend it to someone who didn't enjoy Persona 5 all that much? I could currently get the game very cheap from an acquaintance who decided she didn't really like it.

I would recommend 100,000 videogames first

Have you played dark souls :aaaaa:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Briefly played some Yakuza 3, and that sure is a PS3 game. Not sure I have the patience for three of those before getting to Y6, but we'll see.

I just couldn't handle it, it feels so old and out of date and worse than 0, K1 and K2 in a way I can't look past, doesn't help the first few chapters are so badly paced.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

Lmao I just saw a MonHun Rise TV spot and all the gameplay footage was 15fps max.

Hi are you watching sky sports too?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

Yeah it's poo poo

The arsenal v Tottenham game? its pretty dire but its helping mothers day pass

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve played seven games so far this year, and yes all of them are currently on my GotY 2021 top 7 list

Well......

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

VideoGames posted:

I have played about 30 or so games - some for not particularly long (only an hour or so) but these three are definitely making an appearance. I have also had some fun with Blasphemous, Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Marvel's Avengers, Yakuza Kiwami 2 (will probably appear too if I finish it) and I have big plans for what I will be playing as well. Gaming heaven.

How far through yak 2 are you VG it seems you've been posting about it for aaaages

Mind you i was about 4 months from first trophy to last

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Lol i just realised the games called invisible inc as a pun on invisible ink

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

I'm with LVG. Why would anyone do this?

So you don't accidentally spam x too much and save over the 1 position

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BAD PIZZA!

Unless its seafood pizza. gently caress that

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The best thing about pizza hut was always the salad bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Booky posted:

all pizzas are good, except olives and pineapple

I only really got into olives in the past couple of years and its amazing how many people hate them!

Green pitted olives and feta cheese, yum yum