Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I promised I would and somehow it did win.
Have queued up new av now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

New content for Marvel's Avengers...

I think I am one of maybe three people who enjoys the Marvel Avenger's game - this is because I really like Ms. Marvel and had recently read a ton of her comics and I think she is superbly written and the game also captures that.

Then again, I really like MCU.

It is me. The Casual Gameplayer.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Finally someone else who gets me

My Top five MCU films are:

5. Spiderman: Far From Home
4. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Spiderman: Homecoming
2. Gotg 2
1. Iron Man 3

:D

Relax Or DIE posted:

for what it's worth, as someone who becomes more tedious by the year, I really like reading posts about these big releases that I'll never touch

I am very easy going on games, but this one is definitely scratching the kind of itch I get. It is really nice to pop in and out and do a few missions with super powers. I am not sure I have played a superhero game before now that I think about it so getting to actually use their super powers feels really responsive and fun. And Ms. Marvel's are the MOST fun to use. She is so powerful and it feels great :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

My top 5 is Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Endgame and Captain America: The Winter Soldier and yes I know that's more than five shut up

Hahaha :D I honestly have fun with every marvel film. Even Thor: Dark World.

It is really tough to narrow them all down to a number but Iron Man 3 being shane black is a big reason why.
Spider-Man is my favourite version of Peter Parker Spider-Man in film (though Spider-verse is the best Spider-Man film).
GotG2 has the whole team comfortable and firing on all cylinders and came at a time in my life when things were tough (Lindsay Ellis' video about it mirrors a ton of my own) and Thor Ragnarok is the sort of wicked colourful fun I love from comic books :D

I also love Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, GotG1, Black Panther, Avengers and Avengers Infinity War too if we are taking it up to top 10 :3:

Also I cannot, cannot, cannot, cannot wait for She-Hulk tv series :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

The only MCU film I don't really get on with is Incredible Hulk because they'd not really figured out what they were doing so the tone isn't there and it's a chore to sit through but even that's got Tim Roth as a good point. A couple of Xmas's back I did a two day marathon of all the movies back to back. It was so fun :D

Tim Roth gonna be in She-Hulk :D :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Baller Time posted:

A She-Hulk movie!? Will the internet never have a moment to cool down?

She-Hulk is my favourite Marvel superhero so I am extremely excited to see what they do with it after Wandavision being so fab.

Also (because this is a game chat thread and I have gotten lost in MCU excitement) I have been playing modded minecraft with Lady VG and my bestie (Valheim modpack my bestie has suggested) and last night I figured out a machine pipeline of putting all ores into a chest which takes them to a processor to turn them into three shards which then get processed into dirty dusts and then processed into three actual dusts and then will seperate out into three other chests based on what they are. It was a confusing mess of pipes and switches and power creation underneath my water home, but it took about 6 hours to fully mine all the things needed and make them. Feeling very accomplished by it. :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Kirby asks if anyone is down for cusses while holding a screenshot of Wandavision and every screenwriter in the world stares on in reverence.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will be playing Disco Elysium this year - I am waiting because I hear the patch will have voice acting and I am down for voice acting :D

Harrow posted:

Spider-Verse is my favorite superhero movie and it isn't even close

If I am doing top five superhero movies (not just marvel) then I have to pick:

5. Iron Man 3
4. Logan
3. Lego Batman
2. SpiderVerse
1. King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (Steve Wiebe is a superhero, I have his topps trading card, do not @ me).

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love top five lists. I make them about everything. :D Some list end up being top 30 or 100 but I like to categorise and then revisit and recategorise often! #1 spot is usually pretty static. Portal 2 for game and Wall-E for favourite film. :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What is love, baby dont hurt me?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Wait I forgot Deadpool and Deadpool 2. Goodness. So many great things I love.

Also I am ridiculously excited that Doc Ock Alfred Molina in in Spider-man: Third Home in the Suburbs

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

What are the best 5 superhero video games though (the correct answer is The Wonderful 101)

Superman 64

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I thought we were doing top Worst Super-Hero games....:twisted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Time to craft in the mines!!! I will let you know how good it goes trying to get a super powered smeltery going. Also I will take pictures :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Watched The King of Kong today. Billy Mitchell seems like a massive a-hole.

Heck yes, Steve Wiebe!!!! :D :D :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Minecraft Update:

Bestie worked more on his nuclear reactor. He has the fuel processing working, now he just needs to get the starter bits working. No idea what it means, I have never delved deep into that.

Lady VG went hog wild carving out the entirety of under the floor and processing ores. She now has something like 3000 iron dusts alone (not to mention everything else she found).

I worked more on my little room and machine processing setup and I bring pictures :3:

This is my room. I made it in the side of an island and under the water line.

This is the machine system. Put stuff in ores and it takes it down via pipes here:

Processes ores into shards, then into dirty dusts, then into clean dusts and sends them back up to the dusts chest, where I can choose to turn them into ingots.

Metallugic infuser here for making steel and circuitry.

All my drawers full of types of wood, block and stones.

And finally:

My bed where my pet Parrot, Carrot sleeps :3:

Great mining times!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I did not understand the majority of the maths stuff, but I am terrifically impressed by those who do.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played Dark Souls last night. Knocked off the Four Kings (really quickly thanks to a lightning sword and the bloodborne strat of being up in their grill and just wailing on them) then the Ceaseless Discharge and now I am wandering around what I think is the most gorgeous environment in game with all the lava everywhere and being freaked out by the millipede dudes with my Great Club +13.

I have decided, every Tuesday, Friday and some of Sunday will be souls day because I really enjoy DS1 and knowing I still have two more games to play is a great feeling :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't believe someone just called Lost Izalith "the most gorgeous environment in the game"

I think I've discovered the secret to VG's endless positivity: he's a space alien

Hahah, but it is! All the cool architecture with the pulsing lava so rich and orange, it just looks fantastic! :D

Also that item you could pick up off the side just before you get to the big firey asylum demon, I thought was a trap because of the weird millipede thing next to it, so I completely avoided it because no way were they going to trick me into picking it up, but I did eventually after being encouraged to do so and it turned out to be just an item. I think it would have been an awesome trap :)

It is funny that the capra demons everywhere now go down in one hit.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

Oh you're still in Demon Ruins, which looks fine. The lava is still too bloom-y but it's the next zone that looks horrendous

Ooooh not there yet? I knew I was going to Lost Izalith, that is what the other goons said on stream. I have done the four Kings, Seath and I think I have two more. I think. No idea who they are. I think in terms of total bosses I have beaten there are:

Asylum Demon.
Butterfly Lady.
Taurus Demon.
Gaping Dragon.
Capra Demon
Gargoyles of the Bells.
Sif.
Four Kings.
Ceaseless Discharge
Asylum Demon ++
Iron Golem.
Pond Hydra.
Smough and Ornstein.
Seath.

I have no idea how far I am in the game, but I feel accomplished :) Still tremendously proud that I got past the Anor Londo archers on my second attempt and I only messed up the first because I accidentally jumped off.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Played some more Dota 2 last night because I can't help myself and I'm like 12 hours on from getting so heated at one of my teammates that I had to get up and walk around my apartment and I'm still vaguely mad about Dota. I'm not sure this is good or healthy but uhhhhh gonna keep playing Dota because it makes me feel alive

Please take care of yourself. Dota is no laughing matter.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I am thinking either more minecraft or more yakuza kiwami 2.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

wuggles posted:

Either is a good choice but Kiwami 2 fucks so hard. Have you been to Sotenbori Castle yet?

Not yet! I have just done the first Majima Construction mission :3: That was a hoot, I missed the mad dog so much!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I am three games in (Played and beaten Yak 0 and Kiwami 1) and I still have four to go after this - if the others are as silly and funny then it has to be the funniest game series there is, right?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Please do not give away my secrets.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The best thing about having kirby for avatars is the sheer amount of kirbies in the world and that I will never run out of kirbies. My av folder has hundreds of potentials in it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
In the end I did not play Minecraft or Yakuza Kiwami 2, I sat downstairs and watched TV and kept Lady VG company while she made her costume for World Book Day for work. :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the costume of?

The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Everything I've heard and seen about HZD makes it sound like completely my jam

It is one of my all time favourite games ever, and Forbidden West has me super stoked.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Convex posted:

Is Horizon better than Breath of the Wild? I have both in the backlog and not sure which to tackle first!

Depends on what you want from games. I have played through Horizon twice (once on PS4 and once on PC) and cannot connect with Breath of the Wild, I keep putting that down once I need to go after the four beasts.

They are not really the same kind of game, though. I would not really compare them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I am playing more Dark Souls and hopefully will get to Lost Izalith and see why Cheetah went :eyepop: when I mistakenly called it the most gorgeous place in the game. (I was in Demon Ruins and bright rich lava is my friend).

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Cheetah, I beat Lost Izalith this evening, I also am on my way to Gravelord Nito.

I would take Lost Izalith a 100 times over the annoyance of the respawning skellybones and darkness of the Catacombs/Tomb of the Giants.

Also, had a ton of fun :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The chaos eaters scared me :( they are very close to the kinds of enemies that terrify me the most (facehuggers/headcrabs/slugs) and the noise they made creeped me to bits, so I am sorry. My own fears got the better of me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

Facehuggers I get, but slugs? They don't even have teeth. Or claws. Or anything, really.

I have a real life phobia of slugs due to falling into a nest of them as a kid and them getting all over my face. I am terrified of them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been flying through Dark Souls tonight. I am in the dlc currently after having beat the painted world and gravelord nito. :3:

This game is a lot of fun though currently I am not sure I would new game + it like I am Bloodborne. I think I am satisfied with one play through. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Goons help I've only had 2.5 hours sleep and I fear I'm too tired to game tonight :ohdear:

Play Kirby's Dreamworld.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Speaking of Dark Souls, I am super stoked to get home from work and continue on with the game!
I need to figure out how to reach a dragon without dying to flames and also keep exploring after Artorias! :D

I want to know, who do people think is the toughest boss in Dark Souls and have I beaten them yet?

I have (trying to remember without looking up) defeated:
Taurs Demon
Capra Demon
Centipede Demon
Butterfly
Iron Golem (with friends)
Ornstein and Smough (with friends)
Gargoyles
Hydra
Ceaseless Discharge
Queelag (with friends)
Sif
Gaping Dragon
Gravelord Nito
Sanctuary Guardian
All three asylum demons (asylum, second asylum and firey one)
Four Kings
The lady from the Painted world
Pinwheel
Seath
Bed of Chaos
and Artorias.

I remember doing orphan of Kos in bloodborne with friends for ages before the rest of the game and then proceeded to face mergo, gerhman and the moon prescence and Orphan of Kos was SO difficult that I was then bowled over by those three who I proceeded to beat all in a row first time.

I am wondering if I have already faced the toughest of Dark Souls :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Idk who the hardest dark souls boss is but it is definitely not pinwheel or ceaseless for sure.

I'd guess uninjured kalameet, but you're not meant to fight him then.

I have no idea who that is! I will file away that for the upcoming discoveries :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

For me the hardest boss was artorias cuz I gave up trying to beat him and just went and finished the game instead

I felt such a sense of accomplishment with working out a strat that then paid off and real joy at beating him :D

I guess Kalameet and Manus I have yet to find! Awesome. I bet one of them is in that weird pulsating head place.