Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oyGgu7WDhU

"Apex Legends on Switch as well as Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Also out this month we have Monster Jam Steel Titans 2, and Monster Energy Supercross 4. If you’re into Crash Bandicoot, check out the Crash Bandicoot mobile game or Crash Bandicoot 4, also available on Nintendo Switch. Out on Xbox we have Spacebase Startopia or if you have a PC, dont forget to look into Ranch Simulator, Loop Hero, and Crayta. Other games releasing this month will include Mundaun, Samurai Shodown, Hazel Sky, Disco Elysium, and Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2. Yakuza fans have a couple options this month, you can get Yakuza Like a Dragon for your PS5 or how about Yakuza 6, which is out on Xbox and PC on the 25th. We’ve got some new content coming for Marvel’s Avengers as well as the Elder Scrolls Online Flames of Ambition DLC. Similar to Harvest Moon, there’s Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town available on March 23rd. Last but not least we have Scrapnaut and Evil Genius 2 releasing this month"

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 1, 2021

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Best MCU Films:

5. Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice
4. Avengers 3: Civil War
3. X-Men: First Class
2. Captain America: Winter War
1. Wonder Woman

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rinkles posted:

Anime people have gotten really good at translating 2D designs into 3D

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Khanstant posted:

Super Metroid is crazy, I keep thinking I'm basically done with the game but it looks like I actually have a bunch of crap left to unlock in the status screen. Got the gravity suit last night and found this whole new zone. Also Crateria has the weirdest music in the game, it's like an RPGMaker2000 jingle for a triumphant castle town or something, like, it's very jaunty and a little regal. Really, could slap this in a jRPG after a boss fight for the victory walk home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx4Gsp5rcwM

Do speedrunners skip these parts or do I just tune out by then, Maridia sounds made up but I'm here.

I haven't even run into the super metroids yet!

It's occurring to me that "metroidvania" as a genre really has "vania" doing all the heavy lifting. Not thinking of any metroidvania I've played that actually leaned more towards the metroid part. I reckon Supraland to some extent has some 3d metroidy feels. Not like Prime feels, but 3d metroid.
Actually all of the metroidvanias that have released and are yet to release over the past few years are more on the metroid side if they do not have RPG levelling systems and visible damage numbers and such, and that's most of them.

Obviously if they need to be scifi in a space and/or isolated setting, that's a lot stricter, and there's only a half dozen of those.

Other ways to divide them:

code:
  Metroid  |  Vania
     SciFi | Fantasy
Futuristic | Historical
  Shooting | Melee

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 3, 2021

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

FirstAidKite posted:

What was some games with world maps that are actually spheres?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO1N_gehg-M

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Real hurthling! posted:

Power rangers battle for the grid is a great game
how in the world did this end up good and not terrible

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/378139/After_an_uneven_7_months_Marvels_Avengers_is_making_its_XP_grind_even_grindier.php

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://merc.zone/

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I remember watching some Yahtzee reviews here and there back when they were only 3-5 minutes long and considered him much a much improved counterpart to TotalBiscuit, one with a sharper sense of humor who got straight to the point and didn't post long winded screeds about atheism and how smart he was in GBS.

But more recently I remember a goon sat down to watch like 50 of Yahtzee's reviews in a row one after the other and their takeaway was basically that he has, shall we say, issues... with women. And looking back yeah, that makes sense.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rarity posted:

Kirby is a monster, he must be stopped
Kirby is a cosmic entity, he cannot be stopped any more than you can stop entropy

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

PantsBandit posted:

I want an esport where two people fight in a video game and then have to fight in real life. Or vice versa.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is it because of the algorithm that Netflix is like "yeah let's greenlight all these cheapass game anime adaptations"
Castlevania did really well but it was written by a huge sexpest so they're scrambing to replace him after he ran out of ideas 3 seasons in anyway and they're throwing money at every other videogame fantasy thing they can add graphic violence to, hoping to ignite that same fire again

NETFLIX'S SECRET OF MANA: BLADES AND BLOOD

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Acerbatus posted:

I think overall if a boss fight is good or not is partially affected by the narrative context that they take place in, so overall I like MGS1's the most, I think. The End and The Sorrow are awesome but Pain, Fear and Fury are barely characters.

Jay Rust posted:

Oh the end and the sorrow are like, probably top 20 in all of video games
https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1367137798126469123

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I think there is an irony to Nintendo bringing powerful portables to prominence, resulting in the Vita's resurrection, just as Sony kills it for good

Jay Rust posted:

Why is that girl so nonplussed
Seeing as the Vita is the size of her head, I believe she is unhappy with the sheer size of it, and she would much prefer the size of the PSP.

Hard to believe, but once upon a time the Vita was considered to be absolutely gigantic.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The whole thing with the Colonel and Rose and Raiden is incredibly off-putting until they explain what is going on and even then that's quite a daytime soap opera subplot to make a big deal about in your game Kojiman