Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Winter Soldier
GOTG
Iron Man 3
Ragnarok
Agent Carter

I can't put them in any order beyond that

wuggles posted:

My favorite MCU movie is WandaVision

All the takes saying the MCU is the real villain of Wandavision are correct because it's like a black hole inexorably dragging it back from something cool and original to just another component in the endless franchise machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What's the incredibly bad tweet

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm whispering "gently caress" under my breath right now too but probably not for the same reason

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ne1 else down 4 hexes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Weedle posted:

i think i need to watch wandavision asap though because it does sound cool but it seems like we're nearing the point where i will no longer be able to avoid being spoiled on whatever the big Thing is

Even after everyone knows all the plot developments, it'll still be a series of pretty good parodies of various eras of sitcom. So it's probably worth watching if you're into that sort of thing

The other funny thing about it is that structurally it's an inversion of the trendy "mystery box" JJ Abrams show because the audience goes in knowing a lot more than the characters about what's going on and we're watching Wanda and Vision gradually catch up to where we are already

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Spiderverse is the best superhero movie of the past few years, yeah

Weedle posted:

does this require me to be up to date on the latest happenings in the larger marvelverse or will the show explain it to me?

Maybe a little bit? I mean mostly that it's obvious from the start that something is very wrong with the basic nature of reality on the show and the tension comes from the characters slowly waking up to this. If you don't know this before hitting Play on the first episode you'll definitely know it by the end if not somewhere in the middle. This is augmented if you're aware that the last time you saw Wanda she was living in a version of 2010s America where all kinds of insane comic book bullshit has happened, and also that Vision died some time ago (spoilers for a different MCU entry), but if you didn't know these things I don't think the general thrust would be blunted all that much. Wandavision will exposit and flash back when things become relevant, just in case.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 1, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Again, I'm not going to try to put them in order, but:

Winter Soldier
Spiderverse
Blade
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
X-Men 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

Only Sam Raimi can be trusted to make a good superhero movie.

And Guillermo del Toro. Blade 2 is at least as good as Blade 1

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The one spiderman game with the QTE fail faceplant

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Imaginary numbers are fun and relevant to games through their use in quaternions

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What are games if not numbers turning into other numbers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Subconscious numbers and dream numbers, duh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ah... I’ll buy it at a high price

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I finished the base campaign of MG Survive. That was, uh, certainly some stuff that happened. Thanks everyone who helped make the base not be a huge time sink, but I just don't think this is my kind of game.

At least I accomplished my main goal which was to finish it before the PSPlus release of the FF7 remake, which is going to be a trip as I've never played any Final Fantasy and know virtually nothing about the original beyond "aeris dies"

CottonWolf posted:

Except it's even more complicated than that. A standard torus has an different distance to get all the way around depending on whether you're inside or outside the "donut". What you get when you stick the ends together like this:

and preserve the inner and outer distances is a "flat torus", which is an even weirder geometrical object.

The real fun starts when you use a portal-based engine to make non-Euclidean geometry like a column you can walk 720 degrees around before getting back to the start

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 2, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cardiovorax posted:

Shame to hear it, but I hope you still had some fun with it, at least.

I did, but it was almost all out in the field exploring. I liked their take on the world, both as a story and as a fairly clever strategy for making a second game out of that asset collection.

It's funny, because I had a much better time with Subnautica which is very similar. In hindsight it's probably because Subnautica lets you more easily refill your meters in the field and doesn't have other characters with needs around.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Pathless is really good but it should probably be played with a controller and on a big screen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Fall Guys was entirely too random and intentionally clumsy to have its main method of unlocks being getting first place finishes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Who else is old enough to remember that when you checked out the PC game shelf at Software Etc, sometimes you would see a really weird package that looked more like a modern art piece than a box with a disc in it?

It was probably the work of this guy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

It’s weird how Metroid from Metroid looks so much like Samus from smash bros

Huh no way, metroid is wearing cool armor and samus is just in some jumpsuit

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bovis posted:

Lol thankfully neither

so, mario?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cardiovorax posted:

Oh, so it was a nude wedding. Those are fun.

Ah, Skyrim themed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, I remember that happening on a Minecraft server. You had our town which had a bunch of buildings most people had built with blood, sweat, and tears and also one building a modder had built with huge piles of super rare endgame stuff

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/sharkstomeetyou/status/1367223145137078281

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
DON'T BOWSETTE OPEN INSIDE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*wanders into missile base*

*takes long, deep look at painting of bowsette on the wall, sighs*

*presses launch button*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Horizon is extremely good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm pretty sure either 1 or 3 is the guy from Red Faction Guerilla but I can't narrow it down more than that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Walla posted:

Do it. I dare you.

Do it, these thread titles never last the full month anyway

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
warch is over. overwarch

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rinkles posted:

The NPCs in FF7R are like from a different planet from the main cast.

I'm already tired of the one guy in the slums who says "that sword is massive" every time I walk by

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Tell me more about the cum dungeon

In case you're serious- it's a chalice dungeon (random procedural dungeon) where the moment you set foot in it a bunch of high level monsters spawn into environmental hazards and die and give you their souls. It's the cum dungeon because the seed you enter to go there starts with "cum"

https://kotaku.com/a-cum-dungeon-offers-the-fastest-xp-farming-in-bloodb-1846160309

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a hunter is a hunter even in a wet dream

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
we are born of the cum. made men by the cum. undone by the cum

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I liked the end of Wandavision but I have a couple of questions

1. What happened to Agnes when the Hex was shut down? She never lived in Westview to begin with so she doesn't have a house or an original identity, and Wanda permanently locked her into wacky sitcom neighbor persona, so is she just a weird hobo who hangs around town now? Or did Wanda take her out of reality entirely and she's trapped in a pocket sitcom universe or wherever the boys are now?

2. Is this the same Darkhold that appeared on Agents of Shield and was last seen being given to Ghost Rider to take back to hell?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’ll hand it to wario but then I’ll write it off and never ask for it back

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So Kirby ate Venom and then put on the super crown?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Burger Kween

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rimusutera posted:

Is this ASoIaF?

A Song of Blizzards and Patties

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gotta go with BK because I assumed they meant the NYC subway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can think of exactly one place where a torch is useful, it makes a boss easier but the place where you use the torch doesn't look like a brazier at all so I never found it