Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

So regarding Bread (and pastry based comestibles?) chat from a few pages back, I lived in France for a couple of years almost two decades ago. There was a boulangerie over the road that was on the way to the train station to work. Oh god the beautiful beautiful smells.

I miss that place. Having a Greggs wedged into a petrol station half a mile up the road isn't the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I still remember the little French bakery that used to be next to the entrance to Holborn station meaning on the escalators, as trains entered and left, you'd get a rapid alternation of that grease/disinfectant/ozone/sweat smell of the tube, or the smell of freshly-baked bread and cakes, fired straight up your nose. I feel like that's the sort of thing that you could actually use as some sort of torture.

The French are serious about their bread. The worst bread you could buy at the giant Monoprix in Montesson was a sliced loaf of 'pain de mie' also known as 'pain anglais' that featured a cartoon guardsman and a union jack on the packaging lol.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Bloodly posted:

Um, what is 'cpgb'? I'm lost.

Communist Party of Great Britain

edit: ^^ beaten like a protester

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Wolfsbane posted:

Labour South West send out a newsletter called "getting back to winning ways", is it worse than that?

e:

He's getting that Cameron ham glaze now.

He's also ruined the word forensic for me. I can't hear it now without snickering.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

"Getting back to Winning Ways - Labour South West"

Congratulations to Team Kironauts who won the Stroud & District CLP Zoom Quiz last week with 12 correct responses out of 20 on the subject of Clause 4.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Keir solidifying his vote amongst the squirrel haters

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

We are heading towards Full Yugoslavia, brb gonna learn the accordion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

feedmegin posted:

At least we might finally get some Workers' and Peasants' Militias, is there anyone who'll sell us a few cases of Mosin-Nagants for cheap?

I hope so, the road to full Yugoslavia has a start which sadly includes the police & army handing out assault weapons to the gammons.