Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

The police have cleared the police, the government has cleared the government and the press has cleared the press. The only actually institutionally racist entity in the UK was the Labour Party 2016 - 2019.

I read this to the tune of the farmer in the dell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

Comrade Fakename posted:

Still pretty questionable. They wouldn't name their party the Northern Independence Generation for Green Environmental Revolution, would they? I don't think anyone think's there's any racial animus behind the name, but when it came to deciding it, the fact that the initials also spelling a racial slur for east Asian people wasn't a dealbreaker would be quite demoralising, were I east Asian.

gently caress me, your bloody post is what's demoralising.

You know we're intelligent enough to tell what an acronym is right? You know we don't turn to dust at the mention of the word nip? You're even allowed to nip out to the shops if you want! I don't mind! It's the context of the word! (Just don't call me one cheers)

I can't speak for all my Asian brothers and sisters, but I'm pretty sure they too have more important concerns than a tiny social-democratic party oop north sharing their name with a slur that tbh I don't even really hear that much anymore. (I usually only ever inadvertently get called it when someone apologises for saying something like it's a bit nippy in front of me lmao) And did you really have to spell out the n-word to make your point??

So in conclusion, gently caress right off with your cynical patronising liberal bollocks you utter oval office, poo poo like this is so loving unhelpful at a time when we're facing really quite serious bigotry and violence around the country.

Crayfish
May 7, 2009
And apologies for the angry post, I usually hate it when people post like I just did.
I've genuinely learnt a lot from lurking these threads over the years, but loving hell do some of you just post utter shite.

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

TACD posted:

Wait is “nippy” as in cold a racist thing? :psyduck:

No it's not, but the room gets quiet when someone says it around me haha

Crayfish fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 31, 2021