Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

party boat posted:

Ah, a F.A.T.A.L. fan

Na a lot more consensual, less racist, and more queer friendly. The only game that's expressed in rules how I play games in fact is thirsty sword lesbians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
In lovely landlord news my landlord who wants me out by August so he can sell the place after I told him the tumble dryer isn't working said if I can live with it he won't increase the rent after April...

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Lungboy posted:

Your landlord has almost zero chance of getting you out by August, and you don't need to agree the rent increase either. They still need to fix the washing machine though.

Na he gave me an eviction notice at the beginning of February to be out in 6 months

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jose posted:

ok so you admit you're a big torture fan

And you, a person whose knee jerk reaction to a know bad faith troll calling a transwoman aggressive was to join in on attacking the trans woman without going to check to see if the comments were even warranted, are once again going to bat for a transphobe

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ludo Friend posted:

Who denied the referral? It’s as easy as clicking two boxes on the Prism system by your GP. I’ve never had any of my referrals returned or bounced back. The waiting list is ridiculous for people who should be getting help and support now.

It’s the same issue In some ways as to personality disorder services in my area. The waiting list is over a thousand people, and the wait time is three years for people who struggle with impulsivity and labile emotional states.

I do not send them to someone without qualifications or expertise in this area to get help though, as it can make things worse.

I know it’s not the answer you want, but I’m not defending the current system, I just think the alternative is not up to scratch either. The answer is obviously better funding and more clinical staff so we can reduce waiting times and get people what they need.

Need full blown space communism to get that it feels like though.

(Edit for poo poo grammar and spellings mistakes, it’s been a long day)
And the answer to that is to persecute the only accessible large scale provider which is forced to operate the way it is mostly because of TERF outrage.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
In my case it took two referrals from two different GP practices to even get the Leeds GIDS clinic to recognise that I had been referred and even then only just received confirmation that it has been accepted.

I had the first appointment where I told a doctor I was Trans the beginning of February last year, it took until August for me to get concerned that I had heard nothing and phone them up finding out they had no record of the referral, end of August beginning of September I got re-referred teh letter I received yesterday was dated the 4th of November.

The GIDS clinics do not need more money and more professionals teh entire system is emblematic of the institutional transphobia in the NHS and is 100% pure gatekeeping with no actual concern for patient welfare and not fit for purpose.

This is aside from NHS England forcing me to be misgendered on every GP record because they can't have no title and they can't use Ms. while the record is still male.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

LordVorbis posted:

9 month wait for a referral, denied, told to try again after waiting another 12 months, then find out that NHS clinics have waiting lists between 3 and 5 years.

What alternatives are left?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laurieoconnel/lichcraft-an-rpg-about-trans-necromancers

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

fridge corn posted:

My comment to you about being needlessly aggressive had nothing to do with you being trans and made no reference to you being trans whatsoever.

Right I never said you did you are just a lovely troll but by the time Jose weighed in it was part of it and it wasn't until multiple people pointed out how what I said wasn't remotely aggressive that he actually went back and read it and backed down.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1368164668955590661?s=19
This is why the GICs need to be abolished, they do not exist to help us, sending more money their way will not help.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necrothatcher posted:

I read the thread on that tweet and they're saying the way the data is put is a little misleading.

The clinic didn't see only two patients in 2020, it only saw two patients that'd signed up since December 2019. Presumably the rest of the patients they saw were from the extremely long waiting list of people who'd signed up before then.

so those two people jumped the line then since if that was the case then why do they still have people from before December 2019 waiting?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necrothatcher posted:

I read the thread on that tweet and they're saying the way the data is put is a little misleading.

The clinic didn't see only two patients in 2020, it only saw two patients that'd signed up since December 2019. Presumably the rest of the patients they saw were from the extremely long waiting list of people who'd signed up before then.

there are still 2592 people waiting for their first appointment

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necrothatcher posted:

this is frankly transphobic apologia

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necrothatcher posted:

so you put more faith in the tweet of a random an evangelical writer than people who have experience with just how poo poo the gender clinics are in this country

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
also why the hell would any clinic reply with any figures saying they saw two people since December 2019 if they could possibly present better numbers that doesn't make them look evil and incompetent

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necrothatcher posted:

it seems like a reasonable reading of this:

Aside from the subsequently in the discharges there is nothing to suggest that number are linked, it says two people had been assessed by the service not 'of these two have been assessed'

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necrothatcher posted:

The question is how many patients have been accepted AND processed since December 2019, so they're specifically asking for patients since December 2019 who fit both categories. That there's just two of them is loving ridiculous, but that doesn't mean they assessed a total of two patients over that time.

The reason they're give a low figure that makes them look bad is because FOIA requests have to give the exact information you requested - and that's what this is.

They didn't answer how many people had been processed though

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Algol Star posted:

With freedom of information requests they are strictly required to answer the exact question that is asked. The question asked how many were referred and processed in the date range given. They answered that exact question as they are required to do. They weren't asked how many appointments were completed, how many individual patients were seen, how many new patient appointments took place. It's extremely misleading to present that as 'they saw 2 patients in a whole year'.
It's also not possible to tell whether the waiting list is growing or shrinking from the figures given as they weren't asked how many new referrals were seen.

This:

is completely ridiculous when someone has tried to give an honest (and correct) explanation of the figures and you don't need to disagree that the level of service provided is shocking to point this out.
No one is saying that they only saw two patients all year what people are arguing about is that if they saw just two new patients or if they saw more but two patients managed to keep over 2000 places and get seen in the year they got referred

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
And honestly having even one patient in the entire country get seen in the same year as their referral is frankly ludicrous. It is a thing which just doesn't happen.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necrothatcher posted:

so how does that make me a transphobe?

I'm not calling you a transphobe I'm just saying you are posting apologia for an institutionally transphobic service

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Aramoro posted:

That's exactly what the posted tweet says?

Then someone said that's not true, and now you're agreeing that's not true? So we're all good?

Yeah what matters in the number of first appointments not follow ups

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Algol Star posted:

It is literally what those words mean. It's extremely clear. 'processed' does not mean anything to do with how many new patients were seen, it is completely meaningless if it is not referring to the group of referrals just mentioned in the question. If anything they erred on the side of giving more information than was technically asked. 'how many new patients were seen' and 'how many referrals were processed' do not mean the same thing.
It's understandable if people who don't have experience with this don't know this but when people who know do point out what the answer means the reaction here was ridiculous.

If you want to know how many people got their first appointment Vs how many referrals were received you should ask:
'1 -How many new referrals were received in the period x-y.
2 - during the period x-y how many new patient appointments were completed'

they did not answer how many patients were processed

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

LordVorbis posted:

poo poo like this is why I see my only option is to remain depressed and continue presenting male. There's literally no help, and I'm not sure I'd have the strength to have the daily fight other trans-women have over,

Bathrooms
Shared living spaces
Sports
Children
The right to loving exist

Maybe I'll cough up :10bux: for an account name change and just live vicariously that way? :D

:sympathy:
maybe a mod could get that sorted without the :10bux:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ash Crimson posted:

I hate to advocate for private health care, but in regards to trans people in britain it's pretty much a must unless you're either going to do it DIY or endure the absurd waiting times.

I'm with YourGP, Got a diagnosis and eventually hormones, a bit pricey but they don't have the same issues that GenderGP seem to be having... yet.

The main problem right now is getting GP's to actually cooperate... they're okay with doing sharedcare for blood tests but it's always a bit iffy with them, never know when they'll decide to start be arsey about it.

Look forward to seeing you in the Byob thread.

how well did that work out did you just need two appointments? I'm currently doing DIY but I have had issue with supply I have an appointment next week to talk to my GP next week about how much she'll be willing to do with a private diagnosis

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ash Crimson posted:

I needed more than two but i did end up getting a diagnosis of Gender Dysphoria by one of the people from the closest GIC (Chalmers) which i guess will help in the future and at least can't be swept under the rug or discounted.

In terms of GPs it really depends on the gp and the practice. I'm lucky, really lucky that my gp is supportive and affirming, with the above probably contributing to that as well.

Just becareful with who you go to whilst GenderGP might be cheaper alot of gps don't like to work with them, going by british trans people's experiences. It might end up cheaper in the long run.

Again, I don't know how typical my experience is, but at least with Edinburgh's branch of YourGP it was pretty good, not as much gatekeeping as i thought there would be, just make sure to show that you're taking active steps, they understood that i had concerns about my safety, which is why i'm still in boymode (for the most part).

yeah I kinda pushed fairly quickly as far as social stuff because to be honest it was either that or not survive last year

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

You are a piece of poo poo and I'm extremely glad you aren't systemically representative of trans people because you very obviously don't give a gently caress about other trans people potentally being able to have good lives.

Was gonna go debate bro and say 'please define "posting apologia for an institionally transphobic service"' but gently caress you just 1. tell us what would be sufficiently good enough for you and 2. highlight just one example that is systemically better than the one you're making GBS threads on. It should be very easy for you from your rhetoric.

how about a service which doesn't have 6 year waiting list and that doesn't demand strict conformity to conservative gender roles. Even the US system is better that the one we currently have at least there people can get prescribed hormones with in a year, or how about Belgium which has 6 clinics to England's 7 with a sixth of the population or Norway's which only has the one clinic but still manages to have much shorter waiting times

Rumda fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 7, 2021

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

You are a piece of poo poo and I'm extremely glad you aren't systemically representative of trans people because you very obviously don't give a gently caress about other trans people potentally being able to have good lives.

Was gonna go debate bro and say 'please define "posting apologia for an institionally transphobic service"' but gently caress you just 1. tell us what would be sufficiently good enough for you and 2. highlight just one example that is systemically better than the one you're making GBS threads on. It should be very easy for you from your rhetoric.

The GICs do not give a poo poo about trans people and they should be replaced with a system of informed consent which will be able to help much much more people

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

I'm sure the US system is significantly better for very rich people, unless you're leaning into the fake trope that trans people are all bored hedonists that's not relevant. Genuinely can't parse the last bit of your post but it seems like you're broadly describing Scandi counties which have a functionally very similar health system to the UK? Certainly you haven't made a meaningful disctinction.

In Norway my friend got referred in August and they have their first appointment in April, I was referred in February last year I have just received my acceptance of referral letter.

Vitamin P posted:

If you were explicitly saying young trans people shouldn't be engaging with UK health services and you aren't even remotely close to having made that point.
no I was saying that the UK gender service is entirely unfit for purpose and needs to be reformed root and branch because right now it is entirely designed to gatekeep and to enforce desistance on trans people. Any help they do is entirely incidental.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ash Crimson posted:

I genuinely want to know what the gently caress trans people in Britain are supposed to do when the clinics designed to help them are at best poo poo and at worst actively hostile and ran by people who don't have the best interests of trans people in mind

roll over and be okay with it like the good little broken people we are

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

Aww poor baby, keep exploiting unrelated oppressed people to justify you being a nasty little streak of piss.

It actually took me a second to realise why your last post felt so scummy and apologies for MSpaint it's not terribly readable but the point stands

you clicked quote and then went and changed what was written in the quote box what is wrong with you? You can't be this actively nasty, actively wierd and actively dishonest and still be so nastily judgemental about actually useful poo poo. You have zero moral highground twat.

all I did was separate your points so i could reply to them separately all your stunning prose is there entirely unchanged. Honestly even if you believe that i'm so wrong you have multiple other trans people agreeing with me and calling you out for the transphobic oval office you are.

edit you edited your post after I quoted it but before the deadline for the edit to show you disingenuous gently caress

Julio Cruz posted:

why is Vitamin P not threadbanned yet

can this please be what does it

Rumda fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 7, 2021

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

Nah that was an obvious lie just like you're obviously lying now and I could not give a gently caress how many other lovely posters you wrangle to say what exactly? You're saying that you changing the quote text was actually because you were separating out the the points to reply to them all separately, which you literally didn't do, you didn't even post anything resembling that, you're just lying.

Your threat that 'other trans people will agree with my lie!' like it's some sort of woke clout shield is again disgusting, you seem to think you're some trans civil rights leader but you aren't that, you're a nasty little liar that seems more concerned with being able to bully people effectively than in achieving any kind of actual trans liberation.

Just gently caress off with the gas lighting poo poo you absolute awful waste of space

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

Presumably because I actually give a poo poo about UK politics, just like I actually give a poo poo about trans people.

then why are you ignoring every other trans person posting and focusing on trying to gaslight me

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

ItohRespectArmy posted:

are you ever going to actually post why you think the GIC is Good Actually or do you just intend to keep personally attacking Rumda

no don't you see its the best system anywhere in the world and anyone that says otherwise wants to hurt trans people

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Angepain posted:

you're wrangling us. we are being wrangled. you are the puppetmaster controlling us. presumably through internet hypnosis videos. i hear the transgenders use those all the time for their agendas

this is where if this poo poo hadn't just ruined my saturday I would be making a joke probably about how internet hypnosis videos are for people who can't jut control cute girls with raw force of personality but I just can't right now

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Angepain posted:

I kinda skimmed this post but let's all have a wee look here, Vitamin P is declaring that Rumda is cruelly and dishonestly misrepresenting his point because she quoted him as saying: " If you were explicitly saying young trans people shouldn't be engaging with UK health services and you aren't even remotely close to having made that point." instead of "You were explicitly saying young trans people shouldn't be engaging with UK health services and you aren't even remotely close to having made that point." The difference is the word "if" at the front, it doesn't change the meaning other than make the grammar a bit odd and Rumda clearly replies to the point Vitamin P made

now this could be explained in two ways: a) Rumda split the post for replying, accidentally cut a bit off (as happens) and retyped it and forgot the exact wording, or b) Rumda decided the great, brilliant way to utterly discredit Vitamin P's brilliant posting was by making it look like he had made a slight typo or a minor rewording or something but didn't erase it correctly or some poo poo. gently caress this great deception was totally worth flying off the total loving handle Vitamin P what the gently caress is your deal. are you Jesse Singal

I quoted it as soon as he posted then he edited his post to condemn me more fervently by removing the if

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

forkboy84 posted:

The Goon fear of the ignore button is something I have never understood, as someone who didn't sign up here until after I'd had over a decade of posting on other forums behind me. It just saves you from seeing boring people being boring.

In this case it would allow the oval office to keep lying about me behind my back

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
You know I kinda have to thank vitamin p, venting about his poo poo to a friend turned into much more, we probably would have gone down this road eventually, the mutual attraction was obvious, he was the catalyst for it happening last night.

(Non-physically no need to report me to GPhC)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Communist Thoughts posted:

Was the NHS payrise under inflation aka a pay cut

Also add me to the people who have no idea what Vit P is arguing about.
I wouldn't vote to threadban though since imo they arent in the same league as the greats

I mean he hasn't harrassed me on DMs yet like pissflaps did but honestly incoherently attacking people while ignoring everyone else deserves a thread ban

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

ThomasPaine posted:

On the one hand I'm sure if you have claustrophobia or anxiety it might be deeply unpleasant to wear a mask but then on the other grow up and suck it up for the three minutes it takes, seriously, it's a pandemic, the collective good takes priority over your comfort.

Yeah, the pandemic is bringing out the authoritarian in me and it is quite troubling! I think being confined to quarters for a year has made me very uncharitable.

yeah you have absolutely no experience dealing with trauma serious anxiety or phobias do you?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm wrong about 95% of things honestly, on account of being extremely dumb

including calling us all lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

ThomasPaine posted:

Lads is a gender neutral term and I will not be backing down on this one

That is not a thing you get to decide

kingturnip posted:

There comes a point where you're actively looking for things to get annoyed about
I don't need to activly look for it I've had enough of letting microaggressions slide people in this thread can and should do better.

Just like this avatar change seriously is that the best you can loving do?