Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

ItohRespectArmy posted:

all this effort for loving paul williams lmfao, I know some people who lived in stockton south and they had gently caress all good to say about him and they were remainers, so im sure Hartlepool will love him.

Add me to that list. I campaigned for the prick at the last election. 13 hours I spent on election day not to mention going out several nights a week beforehand. Did he show up to help? Did he gently caress. He always had somewhere "important" to be which turned out to be taking Saudi money to say sawing journalists in half is cool and good.

To make matters worse he immediately turned round after the election and blamed Jeremy Corbyn for him losing and not the fact that he's the biggest FBPE around in a constituency that voted 2/3rds leave. Just one more prick in the long chain of lovely MP's we've had over the years. The nicest thing you can say about him is that he isn't James Wharton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pistol_Pete posted:

The racism report is more mixed than you might think - I've just been browsing through it - and while it's a bit scattershot and platitudinous, a lot of its recommendations are pretty unobjectionable. It is very clearly written by conservatives who view the BLM movement with a mixture of suspicion and alarm - some of the comments in the report that read rather like low-level trolling are perhaps down to this. When they say stuff like:

I think this is more down to the authors not understanding this viewpoint and not bothering to try than it being a deliberate wind-up, for example.* It's conservative authors writing a conservative report, with unsurprisingly conservative conclusions but I don't think it's some deliberate whitewash. I do expect the government to brandish it as proof that racism is over in this country, while never bothering to implement any of the reasonably ok stuff that the report recommends.

*I've not poked around in the backgrounds of any of the authors; if it turns out they are habitual contrarians, then ignore everything I've said above.

Spoilers it was written by the spiked online/living Marxist cult so it's bullshit.