Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Boris Johnson is going to be mythologized to the same degree as Margaret Thatcher in my own lifetime and its pretty depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

OwlFancier posted:

They aren't going to stop being the worst assholes in the world and they can and will be as vicious as they can be at every opportunity and through every power structure they can get their hands on, but it is hard to look at the trajectory and say they're winning in the long run.

They have become obsessed with culture wars because those wars are generally fought with wallets, the only things they care about, and every one they lose is more and more proof in their own language that they and their vision of society are not wanted by most people. They can't even adjust their rhetoric, talking about how twitter feminists and SJW protestors are the reason for all this CENSORSHIP, and they only look increasingly like idiots every time a "woke," movie makes a billion dollars. That's why they keep picking these utterly stupid fights, their world view of Silent Majorities and Invisible Hands DEMANDS that their values must win any and all culture wars, so every time they lose they HAVE to seek out another one.

To me there is no greater proof that evil is losing than the fact that evil's entire outlook on life is being so utterly crushed by plastic doodads and cartoon characters that they literally can't focus on anything else.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Why are Alt-Right and Fascists different circles?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Noxville posted:

Labour intending to back the Tories’s plan to seize Liverpool council for four years, city which hasn’t returned a Tory councillor in over a decade. Seems pretty clear Starmer is more keen to destroy the Labour Party than even I am.

https://twitter.com/__mike91/status/1374614891869376512?s=21

So like, is Scotland going to go for independence again? Because all the things that seem to be going on with Labour when I dip into this thread are absolutely bananas, and between Boris still being favored in the polls this thread posts even after his garbage handling of Covid and Brexit, if I were Scottish I'd want to get the gently caress out of dodge at this point.