Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheWolfSpirit1/status/1366057604091371524

Yes... Yes you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Gorn Myson posted:

Awesome, another debate about the political alignment and loyalties of Glenn Greenwald, I haven't seen enough of these online lately.

I don't know why we had this the last time, and I still don't know why we give a flying gently caress now. It's like posting that video of Tucker Carlson chasing a guy in the street. Why? Who cares?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Ludo Friend posted:

The NHS service for GIDS needs a lot more professionals and money, but I don’t see GenderGP as a good alternative route.

9 month wait for a referral, denied, told to try again after waiting another 12 months, then find out that NHS clinics have waiting lists between 3 and 5 years.

What alternatives are left?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Rumda posted:

https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1368164668955590661?s=19
This is why the GICs need to be abolished, they do not exist to help us, sending more money their way will not help.

poo poo like this is why I see my only option is to remain depressed and continue presenting male. There's literally no help, and I'm not sure I'd have the strength to have the daily fight other trans-women have over,

Bathrooms
Shared living spaces
Sports
Children
The right to loving exist

Maybe I'll cough up :10bux: for an account name change and just live vicariously that way? :D

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Rumda posted:

:sympathy:
maybe a mod could get that sorted without the :10bux:

Decided that step one is be the change you want to see :P But thank you and Isomermaid and Ash for the support. Perhaps better things are possible?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

lol, holy poo poo

I'm looking, but they appear to have forgotten the horse's head in that article.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Lord of the Llamas posted:

That's not how Venn diagrams work.

edit does imgur not allow image linking anymore?

https://imgur.com/a/W2H4vNI

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

blues thief posted:

Thread's moved on but the anxiety and autism exceptions for masks is funny because not having to appropriate human facial expressions combined with most people adjusting their personal space radius to my natural levels because of social distancing means this is probably the comfiest I've ever been in public. Obviously that stuff affects everyone differently but the huge disparity is interesting.

I have to say, hoodie, mask, headphones for podcasts, and a written shopping list, I have literally never been happier to take a trip to Asda for the weekly shop. The fact that the shelves are often half bare, and various options just flat missing is only a minor complaint.

I'd have assumed a few months of this now, where its pretty clearly brexit related, people would start to notice/complain but maybe I'm just looking for things that aren't there? (It's the German ham, it's literally not there)

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

quote:

Dickie Arbiter said that the approach from Beneath the Fold, the name of the false media company, “alleged to be a legitimate invitation for a fast turnaround, pre-recorded interview commissioned by a UK network, to be aired on Monday 8 March 2021.

I love this. So eager to get money/face on TV that he didn't even spend a microsecond researching the company. "Do you have a website, or, a wikipedia entry?" Nope, just instantly into let me tell you what to think.

The rest about "taken out of context" is so clearly bullshit, but I'm still enjoying the utter lack of thought about this.

Unless being asked to comment on things you haven't seen happens all the time? And, hence didn't seem like a bonkers request?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Angepain posted:

terf island continues

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56338666

meanwhile every trans person will self-id their gender on the form anyway because who's going to stop us, but they got an official proclamation that trans people can gently caress off so a win for them, i guess

you even need a doctor's note to change your passport! it's not even self-id! imagine if facts existed and were paid attention to

"It's self-ID via the backdoor!"

I'd like them to explain why that is bad? It's only bad if you don't use enough lube.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

https://twitter.com/lbc/status/1370501248227667968?s=21

Jesus Christ, again?

This is starting to smell seriously Epsteinish.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

willie_dee posted:

don’t care about their optics because, well, it’s the Met.

It isn't just the police, every right-wing organization has realised that you can just flat ignore "bad looking" actives and no one will hold a fire to your feet.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

learnincurve posted:

“Well the middle aged white woman shouldn’t have been politely asking to get her glasses after the policeman slapped them off her face for laying down flowers” is a hard sell even for the daily express

Sure, and then what? Some headlines going "Well this sucks!" The internal police complaints commission will investigate themselves, find no wrong doing and move on. Has anyone been arrested for Grenfell? Or even any kind of consequence? It's an institutional power difference where they in power feel so safe they don't even need to throw the odd scape goat to the wolves.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

peanut- posted:

A friend who is working on the vaccine roll-out told me we're really seeing the effects of all the stupid fearmongering around the AZ vaccine here now. Apparently they're getting a lot of cancellations and people turning up then refusing the vaccine when they find out it's the AZ one.

So loving stupid.

My Austrian in-laws are saying the same thing happening there and in germany.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Answers Me posted:

https://twitter.com/broseph_stalin/status/1371795608600711168?s=20

lol yeah this party is so hosed. It's probably for the best.

e: In 1983 a Tory prime minister solidified their power over a woefully inept social democratic opposition by riding a wave of jingoistic post-crisis populism. Huh.

I don't know if I could even bring myself to vote Labour to "keep the tories out" these days. It almost feels like tacit approval and at least write in candidate, "none of these bastards" has a measure of catharsis.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah I buggered up uni and college because I spent all school just knowing enough to get by without doing anything.

Yup, very rude awakening second year of uni failing all my exams because actually learning something didn't mean just turning up to lessons and doing minimum on coursework.

Whoops!

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

The Perfect Element posted:

This is because, in filling out the form, you are, in fact, completing a Deed of Assignment, which is a legally binding contract.

How the gently caress is that legal? That seems beyond shady, and into legal loophole territory.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

EvilHawk posted:

Surely if you're Johnson you're going to look at the polls and figure it's worth calling a snap election. You can say it's a post-Brexit post-Covid thing and the general public won't care that you're actually just trying to get more power. He'll return a massive majority and probably kill Labour off for a good while.

Why bother taking the risk? You've already got a 50 seat majority, which is comfortable enough to literally ignore minor rebellions, and Starmer is so weak and ineffectual he's strangling labour to death. A sudden snap loss could revitalize some parts of labour with a OH GOD WE NEED TO FIX THIS, rather then a cooked lobster effect.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Jakabite posted:

Mixing up wardrobe especially includes shoes. Shoes are one of the most identifiable things on a person and I feel this is often overlooked. If you did do anything naughty at any point, also be sure to not wear those clothes again if they’re even vaguely identifiable (as in not literally a black hoodie from primark). I know a guy who got caught for criminal damage committed six months prior to his arrest cos he was wearing the same kefir at a different protest. Went down for three months for the sake of not changing his kefir up.

Well sure, if he was wearing milk he'd stand out.

(Google does not tell me if this actually means something else)

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

Basically labour is the big amazonian temple prison they kept the evil cube (leftism) in and now containment has been breached and kier is the muscular woman with a sledgehammer trying to knock the supports down and plunge it into the sea

... I saw justice league

I thought that was x-men age of apocalypse?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Google, how many pints can your bladder hold?

quote:

A normal bladder empties 4 – 7 times each day depending on how much you drink and holds up to three-quarters of a pint. It usually starts to tell you that you will need to go to the toilet when half this amount is in your bladder.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

your phone is one of your most important things

There's a scene in The Expanse where some ship/station is receiving a bunch of refugees who's home has just been blown up. They've lost everything and are all in a bad state. So the crew are handing out, in order, bottles of water, blankets, smartphones.

The smartphone in expanse is so utterly critical to even existing in that world its on the same line as water and shelter. Struct me as amazingly prescient, and slightly horrifying?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Mebh posted:

Apparently this is a British thing.

A bunch of brits elsewhere on this godforsaken forum were discussing that Colin the Caterpillar is a British thing.

Apparently I should know this if I am really British.

What the gently caress goons. What are you up to?

https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/food-to-order/not-just-any-food/mands-brands/colin-the-caterpillar

Yeah, they are quite nice :)

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Zero Gravitas posted:

Is he comparable in any sense to bojo/tories?

Jfc gently caress no the tories are standout terrible

https://twitter.com/keir_starmer/status/1294885867321004032?lang=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUMdCV-Z7kk

Edit: Oh I see, I have been trolled. Congratulations!

IllusionistTrixie fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Mar 29, 2021

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

smellmycheese posted:

Meanwhile. In an impressive feat of self delusion and cuntery - Piers Morgan manages to get “I’m not racist but” and “mob lynching” into the same sentence

I have been silenced! Says man who NEVER loving SHUTS UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

I think we can ignore the 11 times probated this year alone troll.