Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

Happy birthday, people with birthdays.

Which were the good soundbars that were decided upon itt?

i’m happy with my bluetooth samsung (same brand as the tv so it switches on at the same time) , but i recall the main thing is to make sure you get a bluetooth subwoofer to go with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

didn’t the older type of meter (which is being phased out ?) only work with the company that installed it, so if you moved to a different provider after one year it didn’t work anymore,

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

iirc stability will drop gradually to a maximum of -3 over the course of a year, but market access will improve correspondingly which has a disproportionate effect on your market share in the Sector. as all goods are now legal - including harvested organs, war materiel and recreational drugs - you can now collect tarriffs off them.

mind you, the Luddic Path might get interested, so i'd be wary there

lol i was thinking the same thing, literally only just bought starsector a few weeks ago and it’s insanely good, even as an alpha it beats most sci-fi games out of the water

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mebh posted:

Coconut, almonds (as a flour like you'd make marzipan) and sultanas.

served in a naan

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

hasn’t every phone hacking case been “settled” rather than gone to court? i still think the tabloids have technically not admitted any guilt

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Josef bugman posted:

It's funny realising that even a lot of the melts are starting to panic in the LabourUK chat.

panic how? they’ve got three years to build a strong opposition to win the next GE

lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dogatron posted:

Neonatal circumcision is a lot safer. It's why it happened for at least 1000 years in the Middle East without creating a historical mortality dip.

Probably a lot long longer than that. You get good at slicing.

common but if your older brother died of it you got a free pass (because it’s a good way to find out if haemophilia runs in the family)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

Was the NHS payrise under inflation aka a pay cut

Also add me to the people who have no idea what Vit P is arguing about.
I wouldn't vote to threadban though since imo they arent in the same league as the greats

i think over the past several years nhs workers have had a 10% or so pay cut when accounting for inflation, claps have beaten inflation however so it might balance out

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

NHS pay-rise demo organiser fined £10,000 in Manchester

ah brilliant, covid fines for protests against the nhs miserly pay rise

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Random Integer posted:

So are people in the UK just not taught about things like the Mau Mau, the Malay Emergency, the Aden emergency etc etc?

tudors —-> WW1 that’s it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

kecske posted:

'lessons must be learned' is absolutely the single most useless platitude in the world

it means same outcome but it looks better

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

The Met can pretty much do what they want, the pressure that parliament can put on them isn't quite as acute as what the met can do to MPs lol

Operation yew tree 2.0?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

haha, and no lessons will be learned

at least the democrats do this because they make lots of money from donors putting up their pet candidates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

They just want power. Nae loving clue what to do with it when they get it but they just know they need it.

well they need it so they can be sure someone else can’t do anything else with it