Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

ItohRespectArmy posted:

any other leader

Collymore & Rashford in charge imo

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1366340993797226501

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Jel Shaker posted:

didn’t the older type of meter (which is being phased out ?) only work with the company that installed it, so if you moved to a different provider after one year it didn’t work anymore,

Yeah I had a smart meter installed by British Gas in 2016ish. Then I moved to another supplier who said they couldn't use that meter, so I'd have to keep submitting manual readings until they could upgrade it at some point in the future. Last year I got a cheaper quote to move back to British Gas, and after doing so I asked them to switch the smart meter back on. They couldn't do that for some vague technobabble reason, so I still get emails for manual readings every month.

Just really well thought out technology. World class.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TipTow posted:

I'm an American with a passing interest in British politics and by total coincidence follow a disproportionate number of Scots on Twitter--could someone tl;dr me on the Sturgeon/Salmond row? I'd be much obliged. I keep seeing and reading things that discuss it in a meta way but not discussing what the actual controversy is.

This whole page covers it, but this post has a decent summary

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3960766&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post512940178

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

- She is not allowed to make an offer on the house she wants to buy without proving that she can buy it NOW (with her own house not yet sold)

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

- There is another potential buyer of the house she wants - 'from London' with the cash in the bank already - who wants it as a buy-to-let.

Sounds like the seller and/or estate agent is favouring the buyer without a chain so they can sell quicker. It's perfectly normal to put down an offer if your current house covers the value of the new one.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

You'd think Tory voters would be much happier about the job Kieth is doing

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://twitter.com/MardyDuck/status/1371534674653286404

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Unfortunately in 2030 the Churchill statue has auto turrets built into the shoulders.

...while the eyes project breaking GB News broadcasts into the face of every passing snowflake

are island :britain:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I know we're getting into Rounding Errors territory, but there being twice as many LibDems as Labour supporters wanting Tonty Blair back is just :chefkiss:

Lib Dems picking Piers Morgan with the same ratio as Tory voters is a real mask off moment.

Glad that Bungle from Rainbow didn't win. I heard he has some dubious opinions on forrins.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Camrath posted:

I earned more p/h as a personal trainer but I loving /sucked/ at finding clients.

Selling people large quantities of fudge to create your own list of clients was a genius solution imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

bessantj posted:

She looks so angry in all those photos as if she's genuinely pissed off she has to be there.

Without context I would have assumed she'd just barged in on some kind of Easter charity event, deeply concerned that the families receiving free chocolate hadn't been sufficiently means-tested.

Borrovan posted:

Extremely same. I still drive my girlfriend's every once in a while just to keep in practice, but I actually enjoy mine more.

Ditto. When it snowed a couple of months back I used my wife's manual Fiesta, and it was like learning to drive all over again.

My current car is an automatic with manual paddles on the steering wheel, and I don't use them anywhere near as much as I expected to. Automatics with enough horsepower work fine. Big difference from the first time I drove an automatic, which was a rental car with about five horsepower and I nearly died multiple times while joining a highway.