Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I was disappointed to learn that the trivia of Attenborough being responsible for tennis balls being yellow was more of a factoid - apparently he suggested it but it didn't get traction for some years and Wimbledon didn't adopt it til the 80s iirc

I think this is the first time I've seen someone use the word 'factoid' correctly, I can't smugly correct you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Update on mother: plod went round this morning and after taking a statement asked if she wanted to (a) do nothing (b) have them go caution the guy , or (c) go to court.
Anyway she picked the caution route. They'll also tell him that he must stay off her property.
Family opinion is divided on whether she should go talk to the neighbours who are the in-laws of the guy (he lives there too with his wife their daughter). Plod basically said it's up to her.
They'll soon know anyway once he's been interviewed and cautioned.

I mean if I was his wife I'd certainly want to know about my husband showing his genitals to an elderly woman.

Otoh I can understand this could be overly distressing for your Mum and there shall be fallout but that's totally on him for being an awful human, either way I hope she feels a bit safer now.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

therattle posted:

One of the horrible elements of incidents like this is that the fallout affects people other than the perp, including the victim.

Yeah totally, sorry I didn't mean to downplay this it's a serious consideration and for all I know his wife might defend him as can and does happen.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

therattle posted:

It’s fine, my comment wasn’t aimed at you and I wasn’t suggesting you’d downplayed it. It never crossed my mind. It was just the general point that it’s unfair that the repercussions are not limited to the offender.

Ah, I was just projecting it's what I was thinking about my comments, I do it tooooo often :)

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Lungboy posted:

Non-medical circumcision is some nasty poo poo, very little difference to FGM

I'm not condoning it but I would implore you to read Cut by Hibo Wardere and re-evaluate this statement.

TRIXNET fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 7, 2021

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
Honestly, people wearing a mask on the chin or covering just the mouth is the thing to get annoyed about. I can't tell if these people are are stupid or simply don't care (it's both isn't it).

If there is no mask on at all I'll assume they can't wear one and go about my normal every day anxieties.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

It's me I'm the DX7 synth with literally nothing plugged in (and the power cable was moulded in to those things so it might even just be the case).

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
I have two jars of homemade piccalilli in my fridge that have been there for over a year now and I've never opened/tasted them because I'm too scared that'll die doing so.

They aren't mouldy though so I must have done the picking process right I guess.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Gove had noticed subtle changes in Johnson's behaviours since the leadership had come into his possession. These changes made Gove extremely horny, especially the way he would always have his fingers wrapped around the leadership. Gove wondered what those soft hands would feel around his member. It kept him up all night, most nights, if he did fall asleep, he would dream of Johnson and his magic hands. But tonight was different, tonight he was going to feed his desire, the fire inside him.. He wanted to surprise Johnson tonight.

Read aloud by Gilbert Gottfried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
Leasehold is dumb and stupid.

I am privileged enough to have afforded my own wee one bedroom flat and being on the top floor I have sole access to the loft except due to the leasehold I don't have 'right of way' to that space as I only have 'right of way' to the flat itself.

I mean I throw all my old consoles up anyway who's going to know, also thinking about making my own wine up there.