Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Chickpea chat made me think of Tasty Bite, who makes a bunch of shelf-stable, pouched meals that are not horrible on sodium, and have a bunch of vegan options. They're still prepared food so they're not going to be totally awesome health wise, but they're great for what they are.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Tasty+Bite/page/7B61BC16-F538-40E6-B502-801B33CC170B?ref_=ast_bln

I keep a bunch of these on hand for when we don't feel like thinking about dinner. One of these plus some rice will take care of you for a meal. As a bonus, they microwave very quickly, and would probably be fine warmed up in a hot water bath if that's all you've got available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Rytheric posted:

I will look into that, but is there an alternative for rice?

Ah, yeah, I mean, traditionally served with rice but you can eat it with whatever.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
But also, that whole foods lunch is a shitton better than a 9 piece bucket.