Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rytheric posted:

My boss cooked me a chickpea purre once that was amazing. No clue what a purre is, but it was good.

Also I lived most my life believing I was allergic to peppers, and most around me think I still am, so I should probably stick to non peppery stuff, should have included that. Plus I find ginger to be spicy.

Puree? Like when you put poo poo in a blender and turn it into a paste? Like Hummus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rytheric posted:

I see. But is there a general alternative to rice people use?

maybe over some barley (edit, this is not really quick / easy cooking I dunno if there's quickbarley) Couscous is another option but it's not great.
As mentioned maybe try Parboiled Rice (Uncle bens etc). Parboiled has a Glycemic score of 38, couscous is 64, barley is 28.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 5, 2021

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Peeing all the time is a sign of high blood sugar. Your dad needs to test his sugars regularly if he's peeing all the time.

It takes about 7-10 days of removing something from your diet to reset it so maybe stop eating mackdowells And kfc a the time. It tastes great because it has more salt and fat than other foods.

Eating well requires effort and forethought. While you're still living in a home start working on meal planning etc. Cook a bunch on your off day while playing toilet eve. Portion up your food and eat it for the week.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rytheric posted:

Yeah I definitely feel better already though there is a lot coming out of me. Lol

I'm starting to envision a place to put a fold up shelf for cooking or returning to the tea room idea I had with a hotplate coffee table to sit around.

Yeah but lets not lose focus on finding a stable place to live where you can cook and eat healthy, being your current place with a fridge in your room or a new place. You 100% will need a way to cook for yourself in your truck but you really need to get some therapy, get yourself into better habits in general (financial, impulse control, cooking etc) and then move into your truck, once it's sorted. You can't live in your truck off of cold food or fast food, if you had sustainable land to park on and campfire cook you'd open up some options for eating.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yes your boat has a kitchen. But I still feel get your poo poo together first then live the nomadic lifestyle. Where will you poo poo on sailboat? What food can you cook? What will you do for hurricane season?