Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Developing diabetes and heart disease is going to be a lot more expensive than getting yourself a one bedroom apartment where you can refrigerate, cook, and eat healthy meals. Refusing to invest money in your health may feel like you're toughing it out or being resilient, but you are costing yourself a lot of money in the long run and giving yourself a low quality of life now and in the future. You gotta stop living with your boss, you've voluntarily ceded so much control over your life to this guy. Have some self respect, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Buy a water bottle that holds a liter and do your best to drain it every hour. Sometimes you won't quite do it but that's ok because a liter is about how much your body can process per hour so it's a good goal to shoot for. When you have diabetes/borderline diabetes, one of the natural ways your body tries to get rid of excess sugar is through urinating, so it's important to keep water flushing through your system as much as possible. Even for non diabetics, almost nobody drinks enough water, so it's a really good habit to get into!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

lol yeah once when I was in my early 20s i woke up hung over and slammed like 2.5 liters in less than an hour, and may have died if I hadn't realized why I felt so confused and ate some saltines and washed it down with a cup of salt water

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I'm a goony goon who can get locked into cycles of eating the same stuff every day and, while I've gotten better about not doing that, I've found it helps to find something healthy that you can easily cook tired and on autopilot. The best gift I've ever gotten was a carbon steel wok, because I use that thing at least every other day. My go-to meal is sliced up chunks of chicken thigh and frozen green beans stir fried in the wok over high heat. It's delicious, fast, and easy. You can season them both with light salt or, better, roasted garlic powder. If you want something to dip the chicken pieces in, you can use something with low/zero calories like hot sauce or my favorite, a horseradish-based Asian mustard. The green beans are tasty enough with a little salt or garlic powder imo. If you feel like you need something to bulk the meal out, you can cook some rice and pour the drippings over it, but even as a fatty I'm usually happy with the chicken and veggies. Cleanup is super easy since it's just the wok (clean it while it's still warm), a fork, the knife and cutting board you used to prep the chicken, and whatever plate or bowl you put the food in. I don't have a dishwasher so ease of post-meal cleanup is very important to me :)